Jo's beautiful bridesmaid dress diary

Have decided to change the name of my diary to something a bit more positive, and to remind me of my goal and dream, to look as beautiful as I can in my pink bridesmaids dress at my best friends wedding, we have been best friends since school and she is one of the most important people in my life, she always makes me feel very determined, I've always been the 'protective' one in the friendship, always looked after her, held her hand through everything, even cleared her sick out of her parent's bath so they wouldn't know we'd been drinking underage! We've been through everything together and I want to make the biggest effort I can to make the day perfect for her.

She's getting married in April so yes I should have started this plan at least four months ago rather than two, but realistically I know I can achieve this and I know that had I have started earlier I'd probably only be knuckling down round about now anyway.

I know I can find it within myself to do this, I've put in a lot of money and time and effort to sort myself out, I'm not doing this just for my best friend I'm doing it for me, and she's an extension of me, always has been. There's no way I'm letting her or myself down.

hiya - just been reading through and i know someone who sounds like theyve been in a similar postition and youve done so well to not let this affect your eating aswell :0) you sound like youve done really well and good luck for the future :)

Thanks Zoe - I'm so glad I've come through the worst of everything now and can concentrate a bit more on myself, project slim being the foremost on my mind as you can tell!

Well done on your weight loss, a stone in a month is fab x

:clap::clap::clap::wow::dancing_snowman::26::smiley522::wee::banana dancer::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::stickdance::bunnydance::bunnydance:

Ok I think the above might go some way to describe how seriously happy I am feeling right now!!! The result of my first official WI after two weeks:-

4.5lbs!!!!!!

am chuffed to bits with that, really motivating me to be so good this week and get another 2.5lbs off this week so I can get my first half stone sticker next week, if not than definitely before Christmas which was my goal. Am so thrilled.

My friend who I joined with lost 4lbs over the two weeks which she is very happy with as in between she'd had a chinese and a meal out at Strada, and struggled a bit in the second week as it was her star week and she needed chocolate (we've all been there!). So we were two very motivated, happy slimmers driving home from WI and we also stopped at a greengrocers and stocked up on fruit and veg, so I now have a kitchen full of grapes, bananas, strawberries, clementines and apples which me and DS will love having throughout the day - also me and OH snuggled up on the sofa with a bowl of fruit last night which was nice.

Am feeling really motivated and positive, if I can do that in two weeks just think what I can do in the 16 weeks leading up to the wedding - two stone seems a pretty realistic target to aim for however three stone would be absolutely magical as I know that would take me down to a true size 12 which I would be beyond ecstatic with. I just hope the alterations on my size 16 dress won't cost too much!!! It has a tie up back so it shouldn't be too difficult....it would be my ultimate dream to stand next to my beautiful size 10 best friend as a size 12, what a thought to aim for.

Hope we all have a brilliant week x

Forgot to add on what my leader advised me today - I've got an xmas meal gathering on Friday with some of the school mums and anticipate that I'll probably have in the region of around 80 syns - I won't be drinking and will most probably end up leaving my dessert as I think I put myself down for bread and butter pudding with custard (mmm) and that will probably be too filling after a while.

Anyway, I said to my leader that for today, thursday, saturday and sunday I will stick to just 5-10 syns to make up for it, which I think makes sense but she said not to, to make sure I have the full 15 syns all week other than Friday as skimping on syns to cover a blow-out doesn't work.

I'd think rather than just eat more syns just for the sake of it I should be extra strict, but she is the leader, and has lost 8st herself, plus sees hundreds of slimmers every week.

What do you think? x

Well done on your loss this week hun!! I was planning on doing the same as you to make up for my xmas meal tomorrow, thats what I did last week when I accidentally went over my syns 3 days in a row by guessing syn values, didn't realise the real syns til I checked after I'd eaten the lovely but oh so synful mince pies lol so I just cut down on syns for the rest of the week, I think I still might try doing it this week as it worked for me last week, lost 3.5lbs. Everyone is different, what doesn't work for one person may work for another? As long as you're having your minimum 5 syns then I don't see why it would hurt.

Thanks Vixmania, am going to cut down too as I think well it is less fat and calories. Would really love to get that 2.5lbs off this week and get my first half stone award but even if I don't I do feel that I've done pretty well.

Am bit anxious about meal out tomorrow night as I know so many times in the past I've self-sabotaged for a day or even a few days afterwards, but this time I know I can break that habit, I've broken so many other ones recently so that one can be broken too, no trouble! I will prove this to myself.

Today is an EE day:-

Breakfast

Alpen (HEXB)
Milk (HEXB)

Lunch:
Batchelors Mild Cheese and Brocolli Pasta & Sauce
Brocolli

Snacks:

Banana, Apple
Thorntons Caramel Shortcake square - 4.5 syns

Dinner:

1/3 Tuna Pasta Bake Mix - 3.5
Pasta - Free
Tuna - Free
Extra Milk - 2
Cheese - 4

Total Syns: 14 - oops really shouldn't have had that caramel shortcake at my friends house, but it was yummy! Work extra hard at the gym 2nite I think!

The tuna pasta bake last night was heavenly, I was very naughty and used two tins of tuna to make it extra yummy, and went back for seconds, oops at that but it was really just to nice for words, felt like so much naughtier and badder, well worth an early-week treat, not sure that I'd risk it a day or so before WI but very nice all the same.

Today is my dreaded flexible syn day, one way I've thought of as a saving is to pass on the roast potatoes (I've been to the restaurant lots of times and you get your plate with your main dish on then the veg and tato's get put on the table seperately for you to serve yourself). My main dish is a brie and cranberry wellington (I'm not veggie but love the sound of this and being a boring traditionalist think that turkey is for 'proper' xmas dinner!) so I think that will be quite high syn, what with the brie and the pastry of the wellington. It would have been better syn wise to go with the turkey, but I ordered back in late September when I wasn't in full on SW-mode. If its anything like last year there will be a lot of dessert sharing and swapping so hopefully I'll manage to get rid of a lot of mine which will hugely save on syns - funnily enough tho its not the syns that I'm worried about its more the huge full up feeling afterwards that I want to avoid.

Looking forward to a nice night out though, even with the OH loitering in the background as its our local!

Did you have a good night? Mine was good, I left all my roasties but I did eat my pud it was far too nice not to lol.

Hope you had a good time xxx

Did you have a good night? Mine was good, I left all my roasties but I did eat my pud it was far too nice not to lol.

Hope you had a good time xxx

It was lovely! Went way over syns but it was very, very nice. Felt a bit full up afterwards tho but not hugely uncomfortable, only ate one roastie but like you I did eat my pudding, I think I could have survived with leaving it but it was just the perfect finish.

Have had a bit of a crappy weekend, have stuck to plan but felt rubbish from yesterday lunchtime - I keep getting this IBS type thing; I have really bad stomach cramps for hours then once thats eased it is replaced with a horrible constant stitch-like pain in my side.

Am off to have a really long hot bath :)

Just a test post to make sure my ticker is working - and it is, woo hoo! The flowers are to make me feel sunny and the bunny rabbit is meant to be my bunny, Rhubarb. The 40.5lbs to go was a bit of a shock!! Still, I'm 10% of the way there I suppose!

Just had a message through from my best friend to say that my dress is in! She's made us an appointment for next Monday, eek! Dreading what I will look like in it but at least I know that I'll look a heck of a lot better the next time I try it on.

Absolutely dreading tomorrow's WI :-( feel like I've put on so much, I know that I have been reasonably good but because my tummy has been all over the place I look about 5 months pregnant, feel all bloated and yucky, and am just totally tied up in knots about weighing in - I suppose I will be ok with STS but will probably cry if I have put on :-(

I'm sure you'll be fine at WI tomorrow hun. Hope the dress fitting goes well. Let us know how you get on xx

Thanks vixmania, I am feeling a bit better now and a bit more positive, my work out at the gym went well and my side is only niggling now rather than actually hurting. I had a sneaky peek WI at the gym scales and they weighed me in a 12st 9lbs which is what I was on the SW scales last week, so hopefully that means I'll either get a slight loss or a STS. I just feel really disappointed in myself but if I look at it realistically I didn't binge or mess up, just got some kind of bug, which can't be helped. I just really want to look as good as I can for the fitting on Monday because I feel like if I've done all this hard work and then look awful, its been for nothing and I'll be so tempted to binge, right before another WI.

The main thing that I'm thinking about regarding the dress fitting is the one that I tried on in the same style as mine was a deep chocolate brown colour, which sounds awful but was actually gorgeous, and being dark was very flattering. The actual dress that I am wearing is a real dusty rose pink which really isn't my colour, and will show every single lump and bump possible. Add this to the fact that the other BM is a very slim 8-10, and you can see why I'm terrified! In fact I'm almost tempted to go in ahead on Saturday and try it just to get it over with, then turn up on Monday as if its the first time, but I'm sure I'll get found out and my best friend would go mad!

Will just have to be very brave tomorrow and then again on Monday I suppose!

Last edited:
Hey Jo,
I just seen your message on my diary,,sorry I missed it before.
Good Luck for your weigh in today, hope it goes in the right direction.
I have a little while before we actually order our dresses, think it is March sometime, but hopefully your fitting won't be as bad as you think and just remember it will look great on you when the day comes after all your hard work.

Feeling a bit :sigh::(:cry:as I've just got back from WI to find that I've put on a pound :-( really not pleased as I don't feel as if I've been that bad, but I spoke to my leader and she said its more than likely to be fluid retention and that I really need to up my water intake. Things still very sluggish in the tummy department :eek:

Also bit cross that my friend who I go with lost half a pound despite having two meals out, although obviously I'm pleased for her that she did lose and that she's not feeling like I do now. Again my leader said that the reason my friend has lost is that for her it is a total lifestyle change and overhaul, whereas I've been eating a lot better all year and so its not that much of a change.

Am thinking this is going to be a real long hard slog to the finish line!

Thanks for your message back Trisha, I am looking forward to seeing my dress and will take a photo of me in it no matter how bad it looks, and I'll stick it on my fridge to spur me on.

On the bright side there is a new magazine out to inspire me, very pleased about that, and I'm out late night shopping with my friend later which will be really nice.

Onwards and upwards x

Sorry that you are so disappointed about your WI JoRoger but you will get that off in no time. It could easily be fluid retention as your leader said.Good luck with your dress fitting. X

Thanks Jane and Trisha, am trying to stay positive despite the gain I try to look at it as yes I have had a gain but its only one pound and the main thing is that I've really changed my eating habits and old traps, usually by now I would have put on way more and have been eating total rubbish and risking my health.

So yes, I haven't done what I wanted to this week WI wise, but I've still done far better than in previous years, and I feel a thousand times better in myself and my mind.

Will keep on battling through to the next WI and not give up on myself x

Back