Jo's Recipes!! (EE)

Awww hope it's good :) xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Prawn and Lemon Risotto - Syn Free on EE if you remember to have lots of superfree for dessert :)

You need, for two:
Fry light
Half an onion
Clove of garlic
3 tbsp natural yoghurt
150g prawns, cooked and peeled
150g risotto rice
750 ml hot veg stock
Chives/basil/parsley...whatever fresh herbs you want to use, I used chives.
Lemon

1: fry onion and garlic until translucent
2: add risotto rice and fry for another 2 mins
3: add hot veg stock....they say do this a ladleful at a time and stir in, but if you whack the lot in and keep stirring that's ok too
4: when it's going creamy add the herbs and cook for another 5 mins
5: add the yoghurt and prawns and heat through
6: squeeze of lemon
7: serve with seasoning and herbs

Superspeed soup on the go.....

I don't know if anyone makes this but I found it on here and for some people it makes them lose loads :) so why the hell not!!!

Dead easy but not cheap to make. Does however make tonnes as you can see....

1 can mixed beans
1 can green lentils
2 cans chopped tomatoes
1 can baked beans
Handful split lentils
2 large leeks
1 large onion
4 large carrots
2 parsnips
1 pepper (any colour)
2 beef stock cubes
Salt and pepper
Mixed herbs water

Chop all veg and put all ingredients in pan. Cover with water, bring to boil and simmer until veg are soft.

Can leave chunky or blended and can be frozen.

I've also added 6 cloves of garlic, chilli flakes and celery! Will let you know how it tastes and any success I have!!

Jx

Attachments

• image-709825750.jpg
    image-709825750.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 151
Bolognese Penne Bake - Syns 0.5 on EE

I adapted this recipe from one that I read in a cooking magazine I get through the post...

Ingredients serves 4
1 red onion chopped
2 sticks of celery chopped
1 carrot chopped
5 garlic cloves
Beef stock cube
500g extra lean mince
4 tbsp tomato puree
worcester sauce
1 tsp chilli flakes
750ml passata
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp basil
salt and pepper
500g penne pasta
HEXA worth of cheese per person - grated

Pre-heat the oven to 200C and in a large saucepan fry the onion, garlic, celery and carrot in the fry light.

Add the beef mince and fry until brown.

Drain the contents of the pan (even though it's extra lean, always a bit of fat :))

Return the mince and veg to the pan, add the passata, herbs, tomato puree and worcester sauce. Cook for 30 minutes.

Cook the pasta while the bolognese is cooking.

Mix together after 30 minutes in a large ovenproof dish.

Cover the dish in enough HEXA's of cheese per serving and bake for 20 minutes.

I have an update for this!!!! It freezes really well....I just thawed it and then whacked it in the mircowave for about 4 minutes....couldn't believe how well it froze...always been a bit cynical about freezing pasta...

Last edited:
Jo the pasta bakes sounds really good think I will put it on the list for next week.
Sounds like something that everyone in the house might eat that makes meal times easier.

honest to god.......it was delish!!!! and I didn't over do the chilli for once!
x

One Pot Salmon

Syn Value: 0.5 per person
Serves: 4

Ingredients:
200g long grain white rice
560ml water
500g salmon fillets, skin removed
120g sugar snap peas or mange tout
80ml soy sauce
4-6 spring onions
2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
1 tbsp freshly grated ginger
1 tbsp dark brown sugar
Salt and Pepper

1: Place the rice and water in a large frying pan, bring to the boil and then reduce the heat to a simmer. Leave to cook for approximately 10 minutes.

2: Meanwhile, season the salmon fillets. Place on top of the rice after 10 minutes is up, then cover and cook for a further 7-8 minutes.

3: Add the sugar snap peas or mange tout to the pan, cover and cook for another 4-5 minutes, until the peas and rice are tender.

4: In a small bowl, mix together the soy sauce, chopped spring onions, rice wine vinegar, ginger and sugar. Season, then spoon over the salmon and rice before serving.

Just made the one pot salmon :) lush and syn free!

(skipped the brown sugar but put a few chilli flakes in)

UPDATE!!! I used Jasmine rice for this too....absolutely delightful!!!

Attachments

• image-1366138241.jpg
    image-1366138241.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 139
Last edited:
Just wanted to say thanks had a bit of a down weekend struggling as I am not a keen veggie lover so finding it topugh. I made the morrocan chicken, I used ras el hanout spice that I had in and cooked a pile of roasted peppers, courgettes, garlic, tomatoes, red onion to accompany. Kids adored it, hubby and I both on S/W and we feel happy again tonight as it was a good dinner.

Awww glad to have helped :) c

Not my recipe....HEXb flapjacks!!

Type it in on here....you'll find it...

Really yum!!! HEXb plus half a syn :)

Attachments

• image-789301440.jpg
    image-789301440.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 160
I have loads of recipes to update...sorry I've been a bit quiet! Will do them at the weekend :)

STICKY BEEF STIR FRY AND NOODLES

Syn Free

noodles
Red onion
Red pepper
2 tbsp Worcester sauce
2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
2 tbsp soy sauce
Chilli flakes
Bean sprouts
100g stir fry beef

Marinade the beef in the Worcester sauce, soy sauce and balsamic vinegar for an hour.

Cook the noodles and stir fry the onion and red pepper (both sliced). After a few minutes add the beef. When cooked to your liking add the bean sprouts and stir fry for a further three minutes.

Drain the noodles and add to the beef and vegetables.

Nice to see you back Jo, please keep the recipes coming x

Aw thanks. It all went terribly wrong. I've tried getting back on a couple of times but still not much luck. I'm determined this time!

Hi Joanna - absolutely love your recipes! Exactly my style of food :) Hope you're doing well and will have more for us soon :)

Never did I think I would find a recipe for carbonara that was syn free. Or practically. I am obsessed with carbonara so this was a happy occasion for me. I've tried the slimming world one and wasn't a huge fan but this one here is pretty good...

Ingredients - feeds 6
450g dried pasta i.e spaghetti, linguine
Fry Light
175g lean bacon/pancetta
2 garlic cloves
5 large eggs
150g parmesan cheese (25g per person - HEXA)
ground black pepper
thyme to garnish

1: Bring a large saucepan of salted water to the boil. Add the pasta, and bring to the boil for 10 minutes, or according to the packet instructions.

2: Meanwhile, heat half the frylight in a large frying pan over a medium heat. Add the pancetta and garlic and fry, stirring, for 5-8 minutes, or until the pancetta is crispy.

3: Beat the eggs and cheeses together and add pepper to taste. Drain the pasta well and return to the pan. Add the eggs, pancetta and the remaining oil, and stir until the pasta is coated. Serve while still hot, sprinkled with extra cheese and garnish with thyme.

This sounds delicious! Is the egg raw tho or do you cook it a bit while its on the pasta. Sorry if this is a silly question, never made carbonara before x

Back