Jo's success story

Unfortunately, I have a confession :(

After passing my exam, yesterday was an absolute shocker stress wise in terms of our house sale- I still don't know if we're moving to the house on Saturday if the sale falls through or if we're moving to our new flat having signed the lease on Friday coming.

So, I was fuming and stressed and tired in the car and I said out loud desperately hoping bf would tell me off 'I want a Burger King' to which he said 'yeah so do I'. We went to McDonalds instead as I don't like the food there so just had a mcflurry instead - not good but better than an XL bacon double cheeseburger meal! If I'd stopped there I'd have been annoyed but probably wouldn't have come out of ketosis as I was still due 2 packs and some protein I would have skipped.

But I didn't. Went to the garage and got two grab bags of crisps. Nailed the lot.

Back home by 9, downed a half litre of water and slept on the sofa - just didn't want to be awake anymore! Woke at 11 for bed, another half litre, got into bed and slept through utterly exhausted.

Felt like a train had hit me this morning which I think is a combination of the stress and the carbs.

But. What I actually wanted was a huge 2000 calorie Burger King meal and I made a better choice in the McFlurry. I stood in the garage desperate to buy four packs of crisps and chocolate and a brownie - I wanted a huge binge - but stuck with two packs of crisps. Got home and wanted to order a pizza and wedges but didn't, removed myself from the situation by sleeping.

The food I ate was not OK, and I'm not justifying it - it shouldn't have happened. I am glad I didn't give in totally and have an all out binge though. I'm only going to beat myself up about it if I can't get on track for Step 2, as that was my pattern in the past. If I can get back on track, it shows I've made progress.

The way I see it, the steps were never going to be plain sailing, but I've had my slip up for Step 2 and now have 12 days more of 100% on this step. Then I'll tackle Step 3. The rest of this week is likely to get harder stress wise, not easier, but being out of control with my food (which I will be if I'm eating) won't make me feel any better, it'll make me feel like a failure.

Today is a new day, and I'm challenging myself to just do 12 days right. Not 8 weeks, not forever, just 12 days. I can do that.

Well done on passing your exam Jo1989!:happy096:

Personally I think you are doing really well. When I started reading your diary just over a week ago, I decided to give the diet one more go after so many false starts and today was my first WI! We are all just human. Slip-ups/Blips are bound to happen. None of us are perfect. The main thing is to acknowledge we had a blip and get straight back on it, which you have done! Like you said, it could have been so much worse but you owed up to it and instead of going totally off the rails because of one blip, you've gotten back on the wagon. That to me is very inspirational! You can totally do 12 days! Good luck! x

Thanks Pink Tulip! That really helps.

I don't want to make excuses for myself but nor do I want to be so hard on myself I feel like I'm already failing and just give up. It's a hard balance.

Really pleased for you you've given it another shot :) How was your weigh in? Great result?!

8lbs off for me!:)

Gosh, when I read through your diary and see how far you've come - failure is not a word that I associate your journey with! Going up the steps is challenging, especially for someone that's followed SS. It's the emotional aspect of going up the steps, allowing more food to pass through your lips and then not getting carried away straight away with the extra food allowance. You are so close to goal now. Take one day at a time or better yet, take the day in slots (I remember you saying this to me last week) and that has really helped me. Going up the steps is essential for long term weight loss (as you and I both know from previous weight loss attempts!)

You can do this for sure. It's 12 days, one day at a time! x

House sale has fallen through and I can't help but think having a day or two off the plan would give me some comfort while we deal with it.

If I have a planned break at this point is it a huge mistake?

I'm sorry about your house sale falling through Jo1989, that's pants!:( However coming off plan for a couple of days to comfort/console yourself will only result in temporary relief and thereafter you will feel bad for coming off plan. If you can, try and stick with it. You have done so well to date and you are so close to goal! Stay strong! x

I resisted the work tuck shop despite wanting a major binge and an hour later found out we're exchanging by end of day today after all. It's been a very up and down day.

So glad I stayed strong, you're totally right that I'd be making it harder on myself. Food doesn't fix anything and I'm so glad to be learning that.

Stayed strong all yesterday and feel well and truly back on track today.

Having diet problems though, in that my new work trousers that wouldn't do up two weeks ago, are starting to get loose! Shame as I really like them! I did also buy the size down so may be moving to that in a week or so :)

Tells me that despite my slip up, and my weight not shifting, I must be dropping fat and it must be water retention as my trousers are noticeably looser than they were Monday. Hoping for a 2-3 lb loss this week but we'll see, the extra food adjustment might delay a good loss til my second week. Just focusing on 100% days for now!

Fab news on your house and glad you stayed on plan! I'm a firm believer in 'everything will work out in the end'! Very happy for you:). It's a fantastic feeling when your clothes are getting too big and exciting to be moving into the next size down! Good luck for the week ahead! x

Stress isn't over yet as we didn't exchange yesterday and it may be today instead! Have to sign a lease on a new place at 4pm tomorrow so hoping we're at least exchanged if not completed by then, though the aim is exchange today and complete tomorrow.

Then moving to new place Saturday! Once all that's over I can stop holding my breath (and unchain the fridge ha!)

How you getting on?

Still no exchange so looks like the plan is to exchange and complete tomorrow. Which is a bit stressful considering we have the new lease to sign at 4pm!

However, I'm right back on track and feeling very positive. Also, being on Step 2, it appears that my extra period has gone away!! Hopefully I won't have any more of that annoying side effect.

10 days left on Step 2 100% :)

Ok, so Friday, Saturday, Sunday, yesterday and today have been a bit of a shambles, all for different reasons! Had to go to the house Friday evening to sort some electrical issues before it could be sold, and ending up skipping a pack as we didn't get back til late and I have two of my packs in the evening. So rather than the 810 calories I'm supposed to have, I had 665. Same thing happened on Saturday as we moved to the flat and I was too busy to have all my packs.

The moving took much longer than expected so we had to carry the move on Sunday, and by 9pm, I'd only had a pack and some chicken pieces. I found a pack of Belgian cooking chocolate as I was unpacking and ate half of it! It was gorgeous but so sickly in the end I binned the rest, and didn't feel too awful as I didn't have any further packs that day so carbs and cals wise could've been much worse.

Monday I had three packs and some chicken, which meant I only had 600 calories again, but at least I was on SS plan.

Trouble is, I did a huge amount of exercise over this weekend in terms of moving and unpacking etc; probably near on 30 hours of moving about, not drinking nearly enough water and not consuming enough calories for my new healthy BMI and certainly not enough for the amount of activity.

So today, being back at work and just sitting at the desk all day without any activity for distraction, I was aware of really really wanting to eat. So I had some chocolate, about 500 calories worth. Not great, but could've coped if I stopped there. Trouble was, psychologically, even though I hadn't been overeating on plan and had in fact been undereating, I felt like I hadn't stuck to it, and thought, might as well have some pick and mix as I'm off plan anyway! Bought an absolutely huge bag, ate about a quarter and felt so sick I binned the rest. I reckon I must have had 1000 calories worth.

Anyway, now the move is done, house is sold (completed today) and all my stress is done with, I'm going to dismiss the last few days as totally out of the ordinary and just get right back on it from tomorrow. I'm planning on doing SS for the rest of this week, a week of step 2 the following week, and a week of 1000 the one after that. The SS this week should fix any bloat or water retention caused by the exercise and/or food to sort of give me a fresh starting point, and I really just want to make sure I've done a full week on each step. I'll then do two weeks on 1200 and two weeks on 1500, which will probably be more of a challenge for me.

I'm just going to treat the shambles that has been the last few days as totally out of the ordinary given the stuff that has been going on, and remind myself that I just need to get back on with it. I've got 6 weeks and 5 days left to do Cambridge and I'm going to do it right.

Well done on getting back on plan Jo1989! Wow, only 6 weeks left on plan, before you know it you will be done! Today was my 2nd WI and I lost 3lb this week. Very happy! Just hoping I can lose 3lb for the next 10 weeks then I will be pretty much at the goal I set for myself:). Good luck for the week ahead! x

Yeah the last few days haven't been great for the under and overeating but ultimately, I've been through more stress in one go than I think I've ever been in my life!

From today, I have absolutely no excuse not to get a grip and get on with it. Weighed this morning and by the look of it, still lost a lb in the past 9 days on/off step 2 so glad I haven't had a gain! If I lose 3lbs by next Monday I'll be on track for the 4lbs I hoped for during 2 weeks on step 2 so no real damage done.

Huge congrats on your weigh in, you should have no problems at all achieving that loss this week, you're through the hardest bit :)

So, I did not manage to sort myself out! I've been in a stupid 'I'm sort of on plan mindset' all week and picking at chocolate etc which is so silly as it means I'm not eating properly but nor am I losing weight. Haven't had a gain over the last couple of weeks, but haven't lost either (though I'm 1lb in bloat today at 175 - see below!)
Getting to a healthy BMI totally messes with my mind!

So I decided yesterday to have a proper day off and give in to all my cravings. Crisps, chocolate, sweets and pizza! Felt alright ish up to the point of the pizza but only managed three slices plus a third of a box of wedges and genuinely thought I would vomit! It was worth it though, in that it got the need to cheat out of my system and reminded me the food just isn't that great.

So today I'm back on track, intending to do SS again for 17 days to get to 166 and then do a week on each step before my wedding, hoping to get down to 161 in that time, which is my goal.

I'm seeing today as a totally fresh start, and as day 1 of 45 days. I'm going to start tallying my 100% days up to 45 days in my diary and remind myself 6 weeks of my life is totally doable, as after all, I did 46 days on SS. Bring on phase 2 of my plan, and another stone of weight loss to get to goal.

I also know I need to start using my diary again and updating every single day if I can because it keeps me on track and is a place to reason with my demons!

Today is hard. It was always going to be hard with my day off. But the feeling ill get in 17 days stepping on the scales at under 12 stone for the first time since who knows when (probably before I was 16) will be phenomenal. I cant remember seeing those 11s ever (though I know I was that at 16 ish) as I don't think I weighed myself then as for my height, I was healthy.

I'm healthy now, but I need a buffer. Whatever weight I get to, I now know that the moment I see the 12s its time for change.

Gosh Jo just caught up.

Feel like I can affiliate so much.

Good for you getting back on it - galvanise yourself and truck on!!!!!

You are in what I call "the danger zone" where you don't feel uncomfortable or ill at ease I your own skin and so I always find that's my downfall.

You won't though. You will power through this because you are so dedicated and determined!!!!

Yeah its really hard to focus on losing weight when you're happy with how you look! I didn't get back on track yesterday, but I did today, and am feeling positive. Need to do a couple more weeks SS then going for a week on each step, as I'm not sure I can manage 2 on each!

How you doing?

So yesterday was my first day back on SS and was totally fine, no desire to eat food at all really.

Expecting today and tomorrow to be harder but totally worth it, especially when I'm back on the scales next week having lost more weight!

I do look fine as I am but while all my gorgeous clothes now fit, any gain at all and they wouldn't so I need to focus on getting to a weight where these clothes are now what I measure an acceptable weight by, rather than the size up. As they only just fit nicely last time I lost weight, I still saw them as 'goal clothes' rather than just normal clothes. So that'll be my focus this time.

http://www.minimins.com/cd-weight-loss-diaries/339757-jos-success-story.html

I'm really starting to irritate myself now!

Stayed on plan Saturday and Sunday, checked Monday and I was 173 (1lb less than before my on and off fortnight) and then ate all day!

I really really want to lose another 10lbs before my wedding so may just try step 2 for a few more weeks and then do 5:2 for maintenance after all.

I'm swaying between really annoyed with myself that the steps are such a struggle, but thinking if I can maintain on 5:2 or 6:1 it really doesn't matter.

I don't know if it matters how I maintain if I do maintain but I'm really confused about how I feel about it. Grrr!

http://www.minimins.com/cd-weight-loss-diaries/339757-jos-success-story.html

Back