Jo's success story

I mean seriously, just set myself a mini target of 2 weeks on plan to get down to bang on 12 stone at least and then started thinking about the chocolate to have this afternoon.

WHAT is wrong with me?! I look great and I'm so happy with how all my clothes fit now and I genuinely think that's the issue. Very frustrating when I do want to lose more weight though.

http://www.minimins.com/cd-weight-loss-diaries/339757-jos-success-story.html

Thank. Maintenance is really important. Weight loss is a goal. Staying in shape s another goal.

I am SO fed up with myself. Ate today too having convinced myself I'll do 5:2 instead to the wedding, but the trouble is, my idea of 5:2 is eating a ridiculous amount on normal days which I make up with by doing the fast days.

There is no way I'll maintain my weight if I keep eating how I ate today. Most of my nice clothes do fit now, but I need to be down at 168 maximum for them to be properly comfortable.

I really really need to get a grip and get back on Cambridge. 5:2 is not an option as this point, as I can't afford the trial and error before my wedding. It'd be one thing to try it after my honeymoon, as then if I do go up and down it'll be a work in progress - I just can't bear to be miserable and worried for my wedding day and on honeymoon because I've got no buffer for the inevitable carb binge.

Whats frustrating is that Friday is our work summer social which includes a BBQ. I need to be determined and just not have anything, rather than use that as an excuse to eat like a pig for the next two days and Friday too. How can I ensure I start properly again tomorrow? I need help!

I'm going to try and follow some of my own advice from my diary way back when I started back on plan: Don't make the plan about weight loss, make it about focusing on staying in control of food, and getting to the end of each day guilt free because the day has been a controlled success.

Tomorrow, I'm going to try and remember this advice, as I think its sound advice, and its so true the feeling of being in control is so so much better than the food. One day at a time. Every day on plan is better than a day off plan.

Hi Jo,

Gosh losing weight and maintaining that weight loss sure is hard! Like you say it's harder when you get close to goal and feel comfortable with the way you look. What works for me on days when I feel like just giving up is thinking back to how I felt when my clothes were so thight that it felt as if they were going to split open at the seams and that 'fat' feeling. As far as the BBQ is concerned, could you perpaps not just have some salad and chicken? Perhaps buy a salad bowl, take out the tomatoes if any and add some pre cooked chicken or turkey and have that with a bit of allowed dressing? Surely that must be better than not having anything whilst everyone around you is eating? Good luck for the week ahead! x

Yeah it's definitely a hard one.

Made the mistake of coming off before I'd hit goal again, which means as I'm not quite there I keep telling myself I'm going to have to go back on plan anyway so might as well indulge on any day off.

Today I just keep reminding myself its really not about weight, its about feeling in control. That's what worked for me on my restart and hoping it works getting me back on track!

How are you getting on?

You are right there! The feeling of seeing a loss on the scales is awesome!:). I lost another 3lb this week which took me to my first stone off! Very happy:D. Though for me, everyday is hard...lol! It's a constant mind battle. Wanting to be thin but also wanting to eat everything in sight!:eek: I'm finding that I'm losing at a much slower pace than last time which is a bit disheartening:sigh:. I'm hoping it's because I have less to lose this time round than last. Well that's what I'm telling myself!

I have two social events in July (within a week of each other!:eek:) which I can't get out of, so worrying about that already! Both are at restaurants and both restaurants do not offer grilled chicken! I don't like fish so that's a no no. I'm thinking of having 2 products only with steak and salad on those days. Hopefully that will keep my carbs within ketosis level and I'll be OK!

Good luck for the rest of the day! x

Today was another write off :(

So annoying as after the first few days it really does get easier. Think I'm going to have to start on a Saturday again when there's no temptation around. Too hard to have day 1 at work when I'm going out at lunch with a colleague. Could do with a week off to focus really but with my wedding coming up (pretty much off for 4 weeks) don't think my boss would be impressed with that!

WHY am I self sabotaging?!

Hope you're doing ok, Jo? Your posts here are so useful and full of insight, I follow really closely.

Actually did manage to get back on track Thursday to lose a bit of bloat, knowing that I was very unlikely to keep on track for the work social yesterday. Still, at least the day on track Thursday means I'll have lost some of my carbs stores.

Back on track today feeling very very headachy but hoping this time I'll stick to it, as I haven't got any social things for three weeks (someones leaving do at work) by which point I'll have been on track long enough I may feel able to say to everyone I'll come but won't be eating/drinking.

Weighed myself this morning for a bit of a reality check and have gone up to 180 after almost three weeks on and off. I'm hoping a lot of it is bloat. Hope to get back down to my 174 this week, and then lose 12lbs over the following 4 weeks. Will update my stats now so I'm mentally back on it.

What I am positive about is I seem to be able to do a couple of days of Cambridge at a time with no issues so that bodes well for following 5:2 once I hit goal. Heres hoping this time I'll stay on plan.

Hi Jo

Well done on getting back on it! Wednesday is 4 weeks that I've been on plan - 100% and I still can't believe it after the countless restarts I had. Your diary was the one that inspired me to give it a good go again and I have! Good luck for the week ahead! x

I've been very very slack with my diary, mainly because I've had a bad couple of weeks and haven't felt inclined to really work it through here.

Still, I'm back.

I've been on and off and on and off for three weeks now. Ill either manage 100% days or flipping awful days. Started Monday this week on a 100% day and gave up by lunchtime yesterday.

However, I woke up this morning feeling absolutely dreadful with what felt like a massive hangover. Googled 'carb hangover' and it appears my cambridge days followed by carb binges are hugely destructive and bad for my body. Apparently the body is triggered by excessive carb intake to produce a load of excess insulin to process the sugar which is followed by a horrible slump which results in an uncontrollable urge to keep binging.

I am a horrendous binge eater, which I've always blamed on my emotions, but it appears I'm faced with both physical and emotional urges I find hard to manage.

Obviously that's why I don't ever crave a binge when I'm 100% into plan. So I'm making a huge conscious effort from today to give myself the opportunity to get back on track.

My wedding will obviously not be carb free, but after that I'm going to come back and go onto cambridge again to allow myself some headspace to work out how I'm going to manage my binges in future, because I really don't want to be stuck in a cycle of cambridge one day, followed by a binge, followed by cambridge, as I'm making my life really hard.

I'm seeing today as a good day.

Last edited:
Feel like I'm back in the zone today but reluctant to get too complacent as there's where I start justifying days off as I tell myself I know I can get back on track.

Just keep reminding myself that I don't want to be regretting not using 4 short weeks of my life to feel amazing for my wedding. Also aware its inevitable ill gain on honeymoon (even if its only water weight) and I don't want to gain on top of my current weight (which is 7lbs up from my lowest this time around).

I just need to get through today, tomorrow and Friday and then it gets easy. So my target is 3 days. I've done over half a day already, so I can do the rest. Just need to stay focused.

Head hurting and want 4 bags of crisps! Not. Worth. It.! I just have to think that every day I manage 100% I'm not eating and I'm not gaining.

I just wish I'd never taken a day off as it really messed with my mindset. However, at least I've not ended up going totally out of control and off plan completely, which I've always done in the past.

I'm still here and recognising this may be something I have to manage every day for the foreseeable future.

Still here! Finishing a couple of hours early today for an appointment so that helps as I won't be in the office when the food urge hits and hopefully I can have a nap if its unbearable.

Bit concerned about tomorrow as there's always the offer of a naughty long lunch but I really want to be able to write in my diary here I resisted that, as that'll mean I'm then on the weekend when I find the plan easier by just staying in!

First thing is to get through today! Then I'll have done two days on plan which are two days not bingeing :)

Waaahhhh I'm wanting to eat!

Not hungry or craving really, just feel compelled to eat a load of rubbish. When I feel like this I seriously consider whether I should just try maintenance instead. 5:2 plus gym.. And then I think for goodness sake, I just want to lose more for the wedding really!

My mindset is so messed up at the moment.

Dont do it! You will feel worse after if you do.
Well done on losing what you have so far though, I havent read though all of your diary yet but I didnt want you to cave and have no one here to motivate you!

What date is the wedding? 4 weeks... 30ish days... Come on you can do it :D
Kirsty xx

Back