Jo's success story

It may be hard going through this which you havr no control over. But maybe once it's all sorted something will click into place that things out of your control aren't something to fear and the need to control the food in your life is pointless. We think about these things rationally but that part of that won't listen and still make us stress may just start to listen.
Hope that makes sense x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Today was a good day. I seem to have a bit of an upset tummy the last couple of days which is really weird but its not bothering me too much, and I'm not blaming it on the plan as I normally would to excuse eating! I'm convincing myself its just the fat shifting ha.

I bought a new pair of size 14 work trousers a couple of weeks ago as I needed some to tide me over, and they're too flipping big now! Really nice but really annoying at the same time as they're lovely trousers and were expensive!! Still, its worth it to have felt comfortable at work I suppose and does show how quickly my body changes on plan.

I can't believe I'm 5 weeks in now and have stuck to it 100% this time, very pleased with myself but not getting distracted from my focus on maintenance by giving into the temptation to do SS for longer to lose more.

I do occasionally really fancy eating, but the food will still be there when I come off plan (and on the higher steps of course) and it'll be totally guilt free. I'm staying strong.

After my positivity last night, I'm really really flagging today. I'm just wanting to be eating again. I'm hoping this post will convince me in black and white that its so so not worth it so here are my arguments against my inner food demon:

1. If I come off now just on the spot, I'll binge as I haven't formally done it and ill be in same position I was in last time I almost got to goal

2. I need to do the steps, I really can't avoid them as they're key to success, and I've only got 18 days left of SS which will pass regardless of if I give in now or not

3. I've got a total of 67 days left on plan including the steps - 67 days as a proportion of my life not eating what I want to is tiny, and what I stand to gain from sticking to it is huge

4. I get married 10 weeks tomorrow and I don't want it to be like every other event I've planned to lose weight for and failed. My weight doesn't dictate my happiness but looking gorgeous sure does help!

5. This feeling will pass. By tonight I'll be thrilled I resisted. The feeling of staying strong far far outweighs the feeling of eating

6. When I think about 9 and a bit weeks til I fly out for my wedding it feels like time will fly, so there's no reason why time won't fly for this too

7. I'm only feeling like this cause I'm beginning to look good and no longer feel overweight (expecting to hit 25 BMI this week). Why oh why would I sacrifice that lovely feeling for junk food? Cause lets face it, I don't want to come off plan to eat salad!

8. I'm not someone who can take breaks successfully. I'm all or nothing and if I eat one tiny thing its a slippery slope. Obviously I want to change that mentality for maintenance but coming off now will not help with that at all

Reread the above and I've convinced myself :)

Just aiming to get through today now. Ill work on the next 66 days each day.

Awwww and my amazing husband to be just sent me this text:

Don't eat! Just take it one day at a time your eating issues can only be resolved if you follow the process. You have made more progress with food now than ever before don't let yourself down when you have already broken the back if it. Plus everything is going really really well and this always makes you want to eat. If you get through today then you will be well on the road to solving everything. Wouldn't it be perfect if we could get married and start our life together only having positive things to strive for?! X

If that's not motivation, what is?!!

Aww. That actually got me a bit teary. He sounds amazing and with that support alone you will succeed, but with us lot too, there's nothing that can't be sorted.
I have the same foodie thoughts in the day. But when I get home I am proud that I didn't cave and have made another day. I'm on day 10 now and wearing a t shirt my hubby to be bought me at xmas but it showed a bit too much around the middle so didn't wear it. I'm lucky I have clothes in all sizes so as I shrink I get to wear new things which renews my confidence and it's easy on the purse :D

I stuck to the plan today, and as predicted, feel great this evening for staying on track. I think the thing to tell myself is if I want to eat, I need to give it a whole 24 hours to see if I really really feel that way, or am just restless. Luckily, I know I never feel like eating for more than a few hours and by the evening on every single temptation day, I feel great for having resisted.

Tomorrow is a dress down day at work and I'm back in my favourite skinny jeans (though they are a little bit tight!) so I know being in them all day will remind me of what I've achieved. Weekends are easier, so by Monday I'll only have 14 days of SS left :)

In London overnight Monday/Tuesday which makes me a little bit nervous as its a break from my comfortable routine, but once I've got through that, I've only got 12 days left! ONLY 12 DAYS!! And then 7 weeks of steps, which gives me a little extra to look forward to each week. I'm not thinking of plan as another 9 weeks, thinking of it at the moment as my 18 days (17 days after today) left on SS - I'll have done 36 days 100% by midnight, so a further 17 days is absolutely doable.

And by the end of those 17 days, we'll have moved to our new flat and I'll have sat and passed an exam. So I won't be feeling the stress of those things in my life, and the steps will be a joy! :D

I've realised I only post here when I'm really struggling or really happy and doing well, and actually, the majority of my days are just OK, and I should probably explore the feelings I experience when I'm just alright.

Today was an OK day, didn't feel deprived but didn't feel on a high either. I am excited (and nervous) that after today I'm counting down the 15days until I start the steps. Wore my skinny jeans yesterday, which did feel good, though probably a teeny bit early to be wearing them as I went shoe shopping after work and felt like the jeans looked a bit tight in all the full length mirrors! Still, I did feel comfortable in them and thats great.

I think once I come off sole source, hopefully at about 12st 2lbs which is a BMI of 24, I would actually be comfortable with that weight if I wasn't getting married and wearing a very tight fitted dress! Instead, I'm hoping to drop another stone during the 7 weeks of steps, but be more than happy with 10lbs. What I really don't want thought is to think that I can regain weight up to the 24 BMI as its a slippery slope from there!

I've been thinking a lot about the whole 'one day at a time' thing. That's how I'm successfully doing 100% on this, and I truly believe that is how I'll stick to maintenance too. I think what I will start to do is plan my diet each day a day in advance. I don't necessarily mean exact meals, but I may come up with a list of meals I can have for my maintenance calories and choose from them each day, in the same way as I'll do on the steps. I know from experience I can maintain on about 2400 calories a day, but what I may try and do is stick to 2000 calories Monday-Friday and not worry about what I'm eating at the weekend.

What I'd also like to do is exercise and use my exercise calories for food, as I don't want to deprive myself, I do want to be eating what I want, and while that doesn't mean binge eating, it does mean I don't want to beat myself up if I've eaten loads of sweets at the cinema or a starter, main and dessert when out for dinner!

This is about food no longer being an issue, not something that I have to feel miserable about each day.

Hi Jo, im new here :)

Just sat and read all your thread, so good to read how honest and real it is, very refreshing!

Hope it goes well

Hi Stephanie! How's it going so far? I try and be as honest as possible, as otherwise what's the point of the diary?! I don't know if it helps anyone else, but it helps me!

Hi Stephanie! How's it going so far? I try and be as honest as possible, as otherwise what's the point of the diary?! I don't know if it helps anyone else, but it helps me!

It's going well, most of time is spent drinking water and peeing lol Days are getting easier, not feeling that dress each morning like, why have i not lost all the weight yet!

Youre diary is great, keep it up

Today started pretty well, and then has a been a bit miserable since! We found out on Friday there may be an issue with the house sale, that probably won't cause it to fall through, but may delay it a while, so thats incredibly frustrating and has been in the back of our minds all weekend. What I'd often suggest if we're having a difficult/stressful time is a pub lunch followed by the cinema, which distracts us and keeps us out the house. Unfortunately, not an option!

I've also really wanted to eat something since lunchtime, been craving sugar so much. Popped into my bf's mums house, went to the loo and realised I've come on! I only had a period 3 weeks ago and I haven't started my flipping pill break. SO annoying. I know quite a few ladies experience random feminine issues on the diet, but as I got through the first time and the subsequent restarts (though none of them were 100%) with no issues, I really didn't expect it! However, at least I now know why I'm craving sugar. Really really wanted a Mcflurry but resisted, came home, and glad I did. I'm hoping that this isn't a proper period and is gone in the next couple of days!

I just feel generally grumpy today, I'm not coming off plan, as it won't actually help with the stress (and may well exacerbate my stress!) but I just wish all my stress relievers (lunch, dinner, cinema etc!) didn't involve food. I think it's particularly hard at the moment as there's a lot of stressful stuff going on with my life, but I had to do this at some point!

The upside is I stayed 100% and will continue to, as I'm so close to success.

Well done on staying on plan!!

Nothing worse when its time of month and on a diet, when its me I constantly have an argument with myself in my head about eating. I usually crave all sorts.

Hopefully all thw stressful stuff will sort its self out

So, on the first day of my final two weeks of SS (ever hopefully!). On the train to London for a two day course which makes me nervous for three reasons: train station food and train journeys are a major weakness, being out of my routine and staying overnight somewhere else makes me nervous about sticking to plan AND everytime I've stayed overnight in London the last year I've been a few days into a restart and its thrown me off and its been downhill from there!

However, I'm 6 weeks in this time, doing so well, can see an end point, and I'm well prepared with shakes and shaker! I struggled with whether itd be better to just do the 2hour commute home and go again tomorrow, but thought that actually, longer days and being tired would probably be equally tiring and stressful plan wise so booked a hotel. Luckily, I know I don't ever want anything from the room service menu even when I'm not on plan so that won't be tempting! Also thinking of this as a 2 day life interval that knocks 1/7 off my remaining SS time.

So ill be fine. But very proud to get through this with no hiccups.

You'll be fine. You have so much motivation that if you were going to give in, it would have already happened. And as you said not long till you move up the steps
Distraction techniques. Play mobile game, read.
At least in the hotel room you don't have other influences around.

Yeah it'll be fine, I'm very motivated despite the odd mental battle!

The only temptation is the Tesco a couple of doors down with the huge cabinet of Krispy Kremes..

BUT I hit a BMI of 25 weighing today, I'm fitting in most of my size 12s, my tummy is flat and they'll still be there when I come off plan! It so wouldn't be worth destroying my motivation for a doughnut - for me, its not that one doughnut (or even two!) would do much physical harm, its that it would make a massive difference psychologically and little cheats would end up creeping in all over the place.

Bit concerned about the plate of fancy biscuits that sits on the table during my training and is replaced every two hours! But again, is a biscuit worth it?! Really isn't

Yeah it'll be fine, I'm very motivated despite the odd mental battle!

The only temptation is the Tesco a couple of doors down with the huge cabinet of Krispy Kremes..

BUT I hit a BMI of 25 weighing today, I'm fitting in most of my size 12s, my tummy is flat and they'll still be there when I come off plan! It so wouldn't be worth destroying my motivation for a doughnut - for me, its not that one doughnut (or even two!) would do much physical harm, its that it would make a massive difference psychologically and little cheats would end up creeping in all over the place.

Bit concerned about the plate of fancy biscuits that sits on the table during my training and is replaced every two hours! But again, is a biscuit worth it?! Really isn't

I know what you mean. I have a few mental battles but watched my friends eat an ice cream from my fav place yesterday and at a kids party on sat with party food, but didn't want to touch it.

So far so good! Said I was going shoe shopping so wasn't expected to join the others for lunch, but came and checked into the hotel which is just down the road so I could eat my chicken in peace and feel occupied for the lunch hour! If I'd realised I'd definitely be able to do this I'd probably have brought an extra shake to have, as I do prefer to have that to chicken if I can, but either way, its on plan!

There is a huge plate of fancy biscuits in the training room, including the chunky double choc chips ones I absolutely love! Finding it very hard to ignore when they're just a couple of feet away, BUT if I was in the office I'd just stay strong and ignore them, so I should treat these the same way. The difference in the office is that when treats are gone, they're gone, but when I'm on training in the London office they bring in a new plate of biscuits every two hours so they're always there for munching! Already gone through 3 litres of water since I got on my 730am train this morning, two of which have been while resisting the biscuits.

Really feeling proud of the emotional changes I've made but hadn't realised I'd made. Normally I'd arrive with the best of intentions, having resisted the food on the train (who really wants a large melted panini and packet of crisps at 8am? Errr that'd be me!), sit in the training room, have a biscuit or two, and think, bugger it. I've had a couple of biscuits now, so I might as well go off plan for the 2 days I'm here. I'd justify it'd be fine as being a break from routine, and believe that as soon as I was back home I could slip back into it.

Unfortunately, that is just not the case! Last time I was here we went for a huge burger bar lunch, I ate maybe 5/6 biscuits (chunky ones!) through the day, went shopping after and bought about 2000 calories worth of crisps, 3 Krispy Kremes and a huge chocolate bar, and nailed it all within 30 minutes of being back in my hotel room. Managed not to order burger and chips room service because I was so annoyed with myself and promised myself I was getting back on track first thing next morning. Next day? Same amount of biscuits, big lunch, BOUGHT A BOX OF CHOCOLATES FOR 'SHARING' (WTF?!), ate a panini and crisps on the way home, and then bought 4 grab bags of crisps for home. Plus ordered a pizza delivery with potato wedges and several calorific dips!

And you guessed it, after that carb fest, wasn't so inclined to get 'straight back on track once I'm home'.

This time, I've passed the point I'd normally give in, and I know that I won't. I caught sight of myself in a number of windows on the way to the hotel and actually felt good, I look great. Which sometimes also leads me to give in, as I'm already happy with the way I look. However, this time, its not about the way I look, its about breaking emotional habits, and I think I'm getting there - 25% of my two days down.

Well done jo.
I hear you. I've had epic binges like that, but while on slimming world. Because I could.
Currently sat in a pub waiting for my friend. The smells are torture today and if I had longer before the wedding I may be tempted to have a chicken salad or something but I already have 2 nights planned over the next few weeks where I'll be eating. Guess I'll crack open a shake :D

The emotional aspect of it is something I will have to work on beyond losing the weight, even if im skinny I will alwaya my fat in my head and want to binge!

Well done on resisting the biscuits :)

Third plate of biscuits today just brought in - chocolate covered shortbread!!

Having such a mental battle that a couple of biscuits won't actually hurt my diet but thinking I'm only on SS for another 14 days and biscuits will still be there then! It's so hard.

Back