Step 1 Sole Source Josey's Journal

You are absolutely right. If hadn't made this decision I'd have been in the 14 stones before I knew it.

Really glad that it's going well for you. Must feel great to feel so in the zone.

You have a good day, too!

Hx

So.... DAY 1!

I met with my counsellor this morning, and she is absolutely lovely. I've had two of my three shakes, and, whilst I'm a bit hungry, I'm not nearly as ravenous as I expected to be. Fingers crossed this is a good sign! I had cut out sugar, bread, pasta etc. since last Saturday (a challenge in itself!) so I'm hoping that might make this transition a little easier.

I weighed in 13st 13.5lbs - 3lbs heavier than my scales (gutted!) - but I figure I'll never see that weight again, so I'm going to put that nasty number to the back of mind. I'm going to take all my measurements tomorrow morning and post them on here, as I think it'll be good to keep a record of those, too.

Anyway, I'm going to go and have a read of how you're all doing. I hope you are all having a great weekend.

Bye for now!

Josey x

Hey lovely ladies

I started Cambridge on Friday would love to join this group for some extra support and for some needed girl powered buddies!! :) The hubby is also doing the diet with me and he is struggling with hunger pangs, I however am doing OK trying to drink as much water as possible and listen to what my stomach is saying!! I am doing SS+ so 4 shakes a day rather then the 3 and a meal. How about you Josie what has your councillor recommended - I weighed in at 13st 6!!! I could have died there and then! I am hoping to get to 8st 6 as this is recommended for my height!

Hi Smurfy!

Yes, please do join in!

Glad you're getting on well, and it's great that your husband is doing it too. My OH kindly tried to scoff his dinner in super-quick time last night, but I was still nearly knocked unconscious by how great it smelled!

I'm doing SS, and hoping to reach around 10st 10lbs - the top end of my healthy weight range for my height (5' 5"), but, to be honest, to get into the 11's would be AMAZING! Gosh, only in my wildest dreams could I imagine be 8-stone-something! Do you have a mini goal to focus on, too?

Lovely to have you here!

Jx

DAY 2...

Woke up hungry at 7.30am, but my chocolate mint shake (very tasty!) seems to have done the trick for now at least! I put a shot of espresso in it, so that definitely helped!

I've just been reminded by my own post that I didn't take my measurements this morning. Eejit! I'm out now, but I'll do it tomorrow.

Anyway! How are you all this fine Sunday? I hope you have a lovely day, whatever you're up to.

More anon!

Josey x

Hi Josey,

So glad to hear your doing well. I love the chocolate mint shake! Day 12 here and staying strong... I have to wait another 10 days until my next weigh in though!

Making dinner for my family is the hardest part. The smell gets me every time! But it will all be worth it xx

Hi Lauren!

Lovely to hear from you!

Day 12... You must feel so proud of yourself. Especially if you're having to cook for others every day?! My boyfriend will be eating LOTS of convenience foods over this next wee while!

Will you weigh yourself in the interim, or will you wait to see your counsellor? Either way, I guess you already know that it's working extremely well for you!

Have a great day 12!

Josey x

hi there

well done half way to the first week weigh in fantastic, i thought id posted a few other comments on your thread must of done something wrong and not sent them.
hope sunday treats you well
jx

Hi Smurfy!

Yes, please do join in!

Glad you're getting on well, and it's great that your husband is doing it too. My OH kindly tried to scoff his dinner in super-quick time last night, but I was still nearly knocked unconscious by how great it smelled!

I'm doing SS, and hoping to reach around 10st 10lbs - the top end of my healthy weight range for my height (5' 5"), but, to be honest, to get into the 11's would be AMAZING! Gosh, only in my wildest dreams could I imagine be 8-stone-something! Do you have a mini goal to focus on, too?

Lovely to have you here!

Jx

Oh no how horrible to have to smell other people's food……My friend has been doing LL and she used to always ask for a sniff of whatever we were having for tea - in fact she's the reason why I am doing CD even though she's doing LL she lost 3 stone in 13 weeks and looks AMAZING she wasn't even that overweight to start with but she IS my inspiration as well as I would love to be back in the size 8 jeans at the back of my wardrobe!!

I am thinking of a mini target of dropping a dress size (maybe 2) before my birthday in January so I can buy a new dress to go out in :D

Hi Skydragon! Lovely to hear from you. How are you getting on? Day 3 here, so I'm trying to stay focused and ignore the nagging headache I seek to have picked up! Hope all well with you.

Smurfy, it is definitely tough to watch him eat, but I guess I have to get used to it! If he wasn't already a healthy weight, I would have him on Cambridge before he could blink! I think your mini goal is great idea, and, going by what I've read on here, a dress size by Christmas sounds totally doable. It's my birthday in six weeks - if I could get to around 12st 7lbs I'd be ecstatic. Seems a long way off right now, though!

Girls, thanks for posting. I hope Monday treats you well.

Josey x

Day 3

Day 2 passed quite quickly. I was really busy, so no time to think about how hungry I was, I guess!

I remembered to jot down my measurements this morning, so I'll track them now. It'll be good to (hopefully!) watch them shrink!

Weight: 13st 13.5lbs
Waist: 34.5
Hips: 46.5
Under bust: 36.5
Thigh: 24.5
Upper arm: 12.75

Have a lovely day, everyone.

Josey x

Hey Josey!

Yeah today was the dreaded day 4 - although not too bad had a phone chat with CDC she said probably doing OK as we gave up carbs 3 days before we started, plus I'm a teacher I have had no time to blink today nearly got my shake down within the allowed 15mins of making it!! May have to swap to cartons for my lunch shake! Only issue I have at the moment is the dreaded no going to the loo (sorry to be crude!) I am hoping CDC will have some ideas tomorrow at our meeting it's making me feel kinda icky! :(

X

Ahh we have pretty much the same start weight and measurements! I just finished day 2 - how quickly did you guys get the yucky taste in your mouth?! :-/ I had my third "meal" of the day and I have a fairly nasty taste at the back of my throat :(

hi menekse yeah that taste is pretty vile kinda coppery! that's a good sign that you're in ketosis!! :) the best thing to do is get some mouth spray - I'm a teacher and i have to carry it before talking to anyone it's sooooo embarrassing!! just make sure you don't have chewing gum - this releases the gastric juices and makes you hungry!!

It does get a lot easier and make sure you use your CDC if yours is as good as ours you'll be fine!! I weighed in after 5 days and have lost 5lbs already soooooo happy!! :D

XX

Last edited:
Hello!! Sorry, I've only just seen these posts; it's been a crazy few days!

Meneske, hello!! How are you getting on? I'm on day 7, and, unfortunately, I don't think that horrid taste is going anywhere! I'm swilling mouthwash like it's going out of fashion! When do you weigh in? Looking forward to seeing how you do!

Smurfy, how are you getting on? I find it's definitely better to be busy. Even though I'm not hungry at all anymore, a few spare hours leaves me fantasising about food! Have you had your first weigh-in yet? (I'll go and have a look at your diaries now!)

I have my first weigh-in tomorrow. I am soooooo nervous and excited, but I've stuck to it 100% so fingers crossed for a good result. Eek.

Have a great day, girls.

Josey. x

Good luck with you weigh in tomorow Josey!! Im only on day 2 and a headache is haunting me at the moment... I know the first few days are hard though so Im trying not to get too down about it. Let us know how you get on asap!! If you ve stuck to it 100% you will be so rewarded Im sure xx

Thank you, girls!!! My weigh-in is at 10am, so I'll report back ASAP!

Emily, the first 2-3 days are tough, there's no denying it, but I promise you it gets better. I didn't have my first shake today until gone 11 o'clock as I just wasn't hungry. Hard for you to imagine at the moment, I know! But a couple more days and you'll be there.

Have a lovely Friday night, you two.

Jxx

So, I lost 8.5lbs! Pretty pleased with that! Roll one week two. Although, I did almost faint when I walked past my local deli - the smell of freshly baked croissants etc. almost floored me!

How is everyone today? Hope you're all having a good weekend, so far.

Love Josey x

That's amazing! Well done! I know, the smell of freshly baked food is killing me on a daily basis :-/ but I just keep reminding myself that it will all still be there when I'm thin! :) xx

Back