Journey of Dietscovery!!

Had a baby shower yesterday, it was afternoon tea, every bun, cupcake, biscuits you could think of, lots of sandwiches and prosecco! Did not eat any of the sweet stuff, but had lots of sandwiches and then succumbed to popcorn and sweets. Trying to get back on plan today, but a bit all over the place. This was not the right time to go back on plan as have a thing this Friday and the following Friday as well, which usually turns into weekends. WI tomorrow and will definitely gain. All I can do is stay on plan the rest of the days in between, better than last year where there was no plan at all, at least this way I can 5/6 days of eating healthy.

Hi all, not posted in a while, over the last few weeks, I have had a baby shower, a Holy Communion, a friends birthday, which have all knocked me off plan. I have been trying my best to stay on plan the rest of the days, but so much going on I have lost my structure a bit. When I am at home I can plan the food and menu in advance and can do pretty well. Had a gain last week which was unexpected and I was disappointed. I was actually expecting a gain this week and had a loss so that has spurred me on a bit. Have a thing this Friday and after that should have a few weeks to get back on track. I have never been this busy, because so many things had been cancelled they all fell together over the last few weeks. I am just hoping the next few weeks I can just focus and stay fully on plan. Have my birthday towards the end of next month and a 30th also at end of October, would like to get another few pounds off before then.

Will try and get back on top of my food diary and post my meals as well.

Not posted in a while. Re-joined SW AGAIN last week had my first WI and lost 2.5 lbs. Had lost a total of 2 stones 6 pounds in 2019 then put all but 10 pounds back on during 2020. Rejoined SW in October 2020 and lost 10 lbs over the few weeks before the classes stopped again. There was the option to do it online but that generally does not work for me, so put on the 10 pounds I had lost.

Thankfully I have not gone back to my previous heaviest, so starting from a slightly lighter weight. Obviously I would love to reach my target but before that I would like to get back to the weight I was in October 2019 (around 11 stones 7 pounds) and then re-plan after that.

Welcome back @mistyangel Come and join us on the Xmas weigh in thread! There's a summer one too.

Good to be back - Sad to back!!! Aiming to stay at goal this time. I want to be the maintenance queen in my old age!

Good to be back - Sad to back!!! Aiming to stay at goal this time. I want to be the maintenance queen in my old age!
I'm glad to be back, just some form of normality is what I need!! Just arranged to meet my friend next week for a coffee (perhaps a bit of lunch) and a browse around the shops, have never been so excited in my life!! Not seen her in person since December and I have been more or less at home since then, just to have a bit of control again is great!!

I would love to hold The Maintenance Queen title!! All we can do is keep trying!!!

Last edited:
Have my 2nd WI tomorrow, been such a long week, particularly the Bank Holiday weekend, did not venture out, no alcohol, no going off plan, was bored out of my brain actually. Ideally I would love to lose at least 2 lbs tomorrow as that would take me into next stone. Will see how it goes, need to up my body magic, but to be honest with you have had no motivation for recent months, but slowly getting into routine again and hopefully will start to getting out and about a bit more. Have a meet up with friend on Wednesday and will walk to that (about 2.5 miles). Until tomorrow, goodnight all x

Stayed on plan yesterday, but I felt hungry all day, wanted to have a complete binge, but was low on food (apart from what was planned). It is definitely psychological, had a big salad around 4 pm and by 5 pm could have eaten a feast! Did not want to have dinner too early as I knew would probably want more food in the evening. Decided to have a much bigger dinner and whilst I was waiting on it to cook, did a few household chores and by the time I sat down to dinner, did not feel hungry and the extra portions were too much.

Have WI today so do not eat much before will have breakfast and perhaps a snack bar in afternoon, but I am craving again today, I can see myself having a binge after WI. These are the triggers, I just have to find away around them, this is why I, like others, are constantly on this weight loss roller coaster.

The mind is a tricky thing. I've found that much lower carbs & reasonable amounts of meat and eggs has really helped me - the old red day style eating with a wee bit extra fat.

2nd WI today, 2.5 lbs off, very happy with that as was hoping a minimum of 2 lbs to take me into next stone. Had no food prepared for afterwards and hadn't eaten much all day so I did go off plan (to be honest, don't feel guilty)! Heading out tomorrow to re-stock, so will be straight back on plan tomorrow. Going to set a goal of 2 lbs for this week and hopefully that will take me to 1/2 stone award AGAIN!!!

Will up my activity this week too, the last few days here the weather has been horrendous, hail stones, thunder storms etc so have not wanted to go out, I know that is something that helps me, not just my weight, but my mental health. Here's to another good week for us all!!

Congratulations on yr 2.5lbs shed - and arriving in the 12s. The alcohol free on plan gloomy weekend discipline paid off!

Morning all!! Up, nice and fresh today. Heading out for lunch and bit of shopping later with my bestie, not seen her in flesh since December. So excited to get out as lock down here is just easing and not been any further than my local shops in 5 months. Looking forward to the walk, used to walk it 3/4 times a week which helped with keeping the weight off. Planning on getting meals for the next few days to keep me on track.

I have not been in a routine for so long now and last few weeks slowly getting my motivation back and have less anxiety, it is such the little things some times, I am like a child on Christmas Eve!!

Hope you've had a lovely lovely lovely time!!

Well walked into town earlier (sun was splitting the trees) met up with friend, then hail stones, got a coffee and aimlessly walked around, shopped a bit, then went for lunch, had a panini and side salad, not sure of syns as the choice was limited for outside seating, hail stones again, walked around shops again, we wanted to go for 1 alcoholic drink, just because we could, all outside seating was taken and those available were soaking, we tried a lot of places, I reckon I probably walked 10 miles today just to try and get 1 drink! We were soaked, my friend was cold so we just went home, but we had a good day regardless, was just nice to be out and about and have some semblance of reality.

Stocked up on a few healthy bits, just having a snack of pasta and sauce, absolutely shattered (which is good). Yesterday and today a bit of a write off, plan ways, have 5 full days until next WI, will be fully on plan until then.

Morning all!! Thought I would set some short, medium term goals.

Reach 1/2 stone award (2 lbs)
Lose a stone (9 lbs)
Getting into 11's (13 .5 lbs)
BMI below 30 (1 stone 4 lbs)

Hoping to slowly cross these off, I achieved all these last time, so I know I can do it. When I achieve these I will think more of a longer term goal.

Good goals! Will you join us on the Team Christmas thread too? You'll be being the Christmas Lady of Misrule and Maintenance by then!

Hi all, just back from supermarket to stock up AGAIN, all I ever do is seem to buy food. Walked there and back so at least got a bit of body magic done. Interestingly, being on a healthy eating plan seems to cost me a lot more, but on the other hand, it keeps me organised and on plan and stops me from buying rubbish too, so in that sense it is cost effective.

My plan has been a bit on and off this week the best I can hope for it a maintain, but who knows perhaps the days I was fully on plan might help. No high expectations for next WI, but this is still better than eating rubbish most days for the last year, I am sleeping better as using up more energy, so there is a lot to be said about NSV's.

Back