Journey to becoming the person I see in my mind - My SnS Diary

Sounds like you are doing well... the key is to find the packs you like and mainly have those - I love the Red Berry & Chocolate shakes, so yummy when blended up with ice.

How was the tomato soup? I've not tried it yet but thought it might be nice with some of the veg allowance.

How was the tomato soup? I've not tried it yet but thought it might be nice with some of the veg allowance.
It really wasn't bad at all - and I am not usually a tomato soup fan. I think it would have been nice with some extra chilli flake.

I have tried the chicken soup today for lunch and again it wasn't as bad as I feared it would be...the only soup I really didnt seam to like was the mushroom one (and usually I love mushroom soup!). Tomorrow its the Thai soup for lunch.

And thanks you were right about the Chilli meal - it was actually a surprise! I enjoyed it last night for dinner. How are you doing?

Sounds like you are doing well... the key is to find the packs you like and mainly have those - I love the Red Berry & Chocolate shakes, so yummy when blended up with ice.
Thank you - its been an experience 'working' through the different options. But I also like my shakes ice cold and shake up 3 ice cubes with ice cold water...hmmmm its super nice that way.
Badge of achievement - congrats! Its good to see by your log that if you don't lose that much one week you tend to make up for it the next week in extra pounds lost. So that is good news if I dont lose alot this week...

Well here I am on the eve of what? ....day 5 already! I have noticed I am becoming a little 'forgetful' or miss little things at work..so I have started double checking my spreadsheets! :eek:
I am feeling (mostly) great - no headaches (just TOTM :sigh:) and carrying on with life. Rather impressed with myself for sticking to this so well. No cheats! Probably because I know even a little of something will bring you down again - and to be honest I do not want to go through the headaches again! So I am saying no everytime the team hands the biscuit tins around... quite a few times a day!

I had to explain to my bread baking boss, that I can no longer 'sample' his new creations twice a week... he looked very sad (lol). Told me that I should tell him on what days I can have bread and he will bake me one especially - I did not have the heart to break it to him that I wont be having any bread for at least 3 months!

Apart from a nosey male colleague who happened to be in the break out area the past 3 days while I was shaking up my soup, 'are you having soup again for lunch' - grrrr - all has been good. I have not told them what diet I am following (feeling a bit embarrassed or not prepared yet for the barrage of 'that cant be good for you' lectures).

So yes all good so far. I seem to have far more energy at night time - but feel tired mid afternoon. Think the bar I have around 4pm with the 'meal' at around 7.30 when I get home helps to boost me. Which is a good sign as I really need to have to start studying for my November exam....:sigh: But will probably only really start on Saturday evening...giving my body time to adjust to its new calorie intake.

OH on the other hand is not convinced about this diet...keep telling me that its not healthy and bla blaa bla bla. 'you just have to eat healthy and smaller portions'. !!!? :mad: that didnt work for me - thats what I have been trying the past 3 years and look where I am - still not lost the weight I picked up during pregnancy. No I am sure this is it for me - I do feel ok and want to give it at least 8-12 weeks of 4 packs to see how much I can lose. Just hope he comes around at some point.

Well thats it from me for now. Going to finish my glass of coke zero and ice off in the bath I think - with a nice radox soak and then bed:4633:

Well done for getting to day 5 the worst is over so now it's the fat burning stage.
Let the weight loss begin. Can't wait to hear your weigh-in results.
I tell my workmates the diet is finished and make sure I always have my chicken salad at lunch just to stop the comments.
Your other half will come around to the diet once he sees the changes in your body over the next week or two x x

Glad it's all going well! As was said, the hard it is over now. Nearly weigh day! Keep it up, I was slightly concerned to tell people at work too but when I did they were all very supportive and very interested. Now to decided what to have for tea, chicken curry or chicken soup...?

Morgan1 said:
Glad it's all going well! As was said, the hard it is over now. Nearly weigh day! Keep it up, I was slightly concerned to tell people at work too but when I did they were all very supportive and very interested. Now to decided what to have for tea, chicken curry or chicken soup...?

Choices eh? :) I had a shake for dinner instead of the usual mealpack- and boy is my tummy rumbling and feeling empty now, in fact I am feeling a bit sick. Just gone to have some coke zero and feeling a little better. Decided bed is the best place then.

Think I might weigh tomorrow morning- one day early but I really want to know whether I lost weight.

Hmm just read some other dieters posts and some didnt have good losses in their first week. I just hope that the scale reflect my efforts this week. Ugh really feeling s bit sick now- wonder if should go pop a few olives into mouth- dont think the shake alone was such a good idea.

Have you had your veg/milk allowance as this bulks up the shakes and meal packs and really satisfies you.
Wishing you luck for the weigh-in x x

I read about some people with low loss in the first week too but you just need to go with it, if you have a low loss chances are the following week will be much bigger.

I always have to have my meal in the evening or I feel rubbish too, it's too long before breakfast so I need to feel like I've eaten properly! Good luck with that weigh in!

scousemouse0151 said:
Have you had your veg/milk allowance as this bulks up the shakes and meal packs and really satisfies you.
Wishing you luck for the weigh-in x x

I have been using my milk allowance for my decaf coffees during the day. No veg most nights. But I will incorporate that from now on in the evenings as I did feel better after eating a few olives (it was the quickest and most readibly available veg to grab in the fridge). And I woke up with a mild headache.
I looked through the veg list and didnt see brussel sprouts in it ): do you know if we are allowed them?

Right I popped on the scales this morning... Hmmm it looks really good! I looked it up in stone conversion and it seems like a lot if weight in pounds! Almost like too much. But maybe its because 2 kg was gained quickly in my week before I started ('last supper syndrome)

The results then: was 89kg now 83.9
Conversion: was 14stone now 13.3 so 11 pnd loss?! And believe me i even got back on the scale now 20mins later to be sure. Wow

Lets hope it continues each week :)
Will update my stats tonight

Have a good day everyone
X

I think you'd cope better if you incorporated the veg into your diet.
Try adding shredded green veg to soups to satisfy your hunger.
I couldn't of survived without bulking the meal packs with cauli rice and such.

Yes you can have sprouts as someone else asked the slim&save guys (obviously not 200g) eukkk imagine :eek:

I think you'd cope better if you incorporated the veg into your diet.
Try adding shredded green veg to soups to satisfy your hunger.
I couldn't of survived without bulking the meal packs with cauli rice and such.

Yes you can have sprouts as someone else asked the slim&save guys (obviously not 200g) eukkk imagine :eek:
LOL I like sprouts - they are devine boiled up in stock! And good source of iron. Thank you for the info.

Working from home today...and having a bit of stomach cramps... perhaps it is because I have not had as much water as I would usually have at work... hmmm will drink a biiig glass or 2 of water and see how I feel.

I read about some people with low loss in the first week too but you just need to go with it, if you have a low loss chances are the following week will be much bigger.

I always have to have my meal in the evening or I feel rubbish too, it's too long before breakfast so I need to feel like I've eaten properly! Good luck with that weigh in!
Thank you for your support this week! I am very happy with the 11lbs lost. But will eat more veg the coming week. I have stocked up on some cucumber - and will try some brussell sprouts too.
Are you looking forward to next weigh in? Will be interesting to see how much we lose after week 1.

Well done on your first loss

Stick with it. I reached goal within 8 weeks on the Cambridge diet - no cheats, just stayed focussed and got the job done : ) lost 2 stone and 4lbs and went from a size 16 to a 10.

It's all very achievable with the right mindset - which you have

Well done on your amazing loss! That's brilliant :)

Back