Journey to find the slimmer me :)

Well done on the buffet! Party food is my favourite thing ever so I would have really struggled. I'm going to my OH's aunties 50th next sat and going to take some tips from you :) I really think you should stick with it as you are doing great so far. I have decided to order 2 weeks at a time too because I don't want to give up and waste money on packs I won't use. Trying to convince my OH to join me (he's only got a couple of stone to lose) so we can order a month between us and its only £25 a week each haha.

Sorry you're not feeling too good today. Fill up on water, and the S&S friendly roast sounds good. I used to do that when I was on Cambridge occasionally and it was a nice treat :D on Cambridge we were allowed stock cubes and balsamic vinegar so I used to make a really nice gravy with cooked mushrooms, garlic, a few tbsps of balsamic and chicken stock cube made up with boiling water all cooked up in a pan. Might be worth a try if you don't fancy bullion!

Ooh, that sounds delicious!
I'm now torturing myself cooking bacon sandwiches for 'the others'.....I'm going to have a meal pack at lunch too as I think I need it. Then to decide what to order for the next 2 weeks!

Well today (DAY 6!) has been.....interesting. I woke up feeling rubbish but as soon as I'd had a pint of water and a coffee I was fine. Energy wise I'm buzzing and have been on the go all day except when I sat down and read a magazine (cr@ppy Reveal but did you see Josie whats-her-name who apparently lost 3 stone and went from a size 20 to a size 10! Honestly??? does that mean I'll be a size 8 if I lose my 3 stone?)
I had my first pack at around 12.30 when 'the others' were eating their bacon sarnies. I had Cottage Pie. Not keen even with the amount of salt and pepper I put in! Won't be ordering that one.
Then I went shopping and resisted buying anything that wasn't on the list whereas normally I buy what ever I fancy :rolleyes:
This afternoon I've cooked a lovely roast chicken (without butter and bacon!) and the rest of a roast for 'the others' and for me...... swede mash (lots of garlic pepper!), steamed cauliflower and cabbage and 'gravy' made from veg bullion with some pepper and sage (ok, but not great).
I had a bit of a hissy fit whilst dishing up the dinner :eek: :eek: I was trying to get the spuds out of the roasting tin and some had stuck so they were a bit crumbled, no big deal huh? So why when ALL the yorkshire puds got stuck did I throw one across the worktop and have a strop muttering F**k, s**t, b******s to myself?? Hubby started to tell me that it doesn't matter and it still tastes the same and all I wanted to shout back was "it's not even as if I can bl**dy eat them!!". I was really angry and then very embarassed :eek: It's amazing how lack of food makes me really crabby. I was so tempted to eat the spuds and puds after that too but I resisted :cool:

I've noticed that after the dinner is finished and I'm clearing away is when I pick... there was a yorkshire pudding left (the squished one!!!) and a roast potato that were just sitting there looking at me and I REALLY wanted to eat them..... :cry: I threw them in the recycling pot (in with this mornings left over cat food!) and pinched a bit of left over chicken. I felt so bad about it that I nearly couldn't swallow the chicken. I managed though ;)

I'm just updating this then I'll grab my vanilla shake and dark chocolate truffa bar and get on with the ironing of school uniform and work shirt!
Then will be another day over with and tomorrow is day 7....OMG where has the time gone?

Well today (DAY 6!) has been.....interesting. I woke up feeling rubbish but as soon as I'd had a pint of water and a coffee I was fine. Energy wise I'm buzzing and have been on the go all day except when I sat down and read a magazine (cr@ppy Reveal but did you see Josie whats-her-name who apparently lost 3 stone and went from a size 20 to a size 10! Honestly??? does that mean I'll be a size 8 if I lose my 3 stone?)
I had my first pack at around 12.30 when 'the others' were eating their bacon sarnies. I had Cottage Pie. Not keen even with the amount of salt and pepper I put in! Won't be ordering that one.
Then I went shopping and resisted buying anything that wasn't on the list whereas normally I buy what ever I fancy :rolleyes:
This afternoon I've cooked a lovely roast chicken (without butter and bacon!) and the rest of a roast for 'the others' and for me...... swede mash (lots of garlic pepper!), steamed cauliflower and cabbage and 'gravy' made from veg bullion with some pepper and sage (ok, but not great).
I had a bit of a hissy fit whilst dishing up the dinner :eek: :eek: I was trying to get the spuds out of the roasting tin and some had stuck so they were a bit crumbled, no big deal huh? So why when ALL the yorkshire puds got stuck did I throw one across the worktop and have a strop muttering F**k, s**t, b******s to myself?? Hubby started to tell me that it doesn't matter and it still tastes the same and all I wanted to shout back was "it's not even as if I can bl**dy eat them!!". I was really angry and then very embarassed :eek: It's amazing how lack of food makes me really crabby. I was so tempted to eat the spuds and puds after that too but I resisted :cool:

I've noticed that after the dinner is finished and I'm clearing away is when I pick... there was a yorkshire pudding left (the squished one!!!) and a roast potato that were just sitting there looking at me and I REALLY wanted to eat them..... :cry: I threw them in the recycling pot (in with this mornings left over cat food!) and pinched a bit of left over chicken. I felt so bad about it that I nearly couldn't swallow the chicken. I managed though ;)

I'm just updating this then I'll grab my vanilla shake and dark chocolate truffa bar and get on with the ironing of school uniform and work shirt!
Then will be another day over with and tomorrow is day 7....OMG where has the time gone?

Good going. I'd have been throwing washing up liquid over it all!!!

Vanilla Crispy Shake.... Yuck, Yuck, Yuck! It was tough drinking it, held my nose and downed it!
Putting my order in tomorrow and that defo isn't going to be on it!

Oh WT

You've done so well today!

I too, made a roast, but sat in the lounge whilst they all ate it as I knew I'd be tempted! You did so well to sit and eat with them.

Now isn't it strange how we all like and hate different packs? I too, hate the cottage pie.....it's disgusting! However.....vanilla crispy shake is my favourite!!!!! Yummy!!!!!

Just remembered a couple of things from today...
1. Hubby looked at me earlier and said "I keep seeing this strange woman walking round my house...." He says its because I've changed shape but I think its more to do with the perma-grin :-D
2. MIL called this evening (after spending the afternoon with them all) to say "well done, you look amazing, you've lost so much weight!"
I've 'only' lost a stone and can't see that much difference but I must have looked like a right heffer before LOL!!

Well done hun so lovely to get compliments! Take them in as remembering them will help you on tough days :)

Thank you for the replies ladies x

Day 6 today and I'm struggling to get out of bed. I feel hungover - headache, big empty rumbly tummy and no energy :-( normally I wouldn't mind as it would probably mean I'd drunk a bottle of red but sadly no alcohol has passed my lips... And I can't have a fry up to make me feel better!
Had a sneaky weigh in to motivate and make me feel better. 7lbs down in 6 days! 11st 9lb on the scales. I think the last time I saw that number was shortly after my wedding!
Right, coffee will make me feel better :-D

Hungover feeling could mean dehydration, u drinking enough water?

WillpowerWoman said:
Hungover feeling could mean dehydration, u drinking enough water?

Could have been actually. Don't feel like it this morning and drank more yesterday :)
Here's to day 7! :) back to schools runs today and getting 5 kids out the house by 8.30!

Yay day 7 for me too WT. bring it on!!
I will fight those pesky fingers into submission. They will not pick up bits and put them in my mouth when I'm not looking!!!!

Oh My God! I'm insane. I'm talking to myself! I've just done lunch for the 2 littlies (my near 3 year old and a minded 16m old) chicken and veg in tom sauce with spag and I found myself preparing food for me too... I've just given myself a stern talking to and sat down with a pint of water instead :)

Oh My God! I'm insane. I'm talking to myself! I've just done lunch for the 2 littlies (my near 3 year old and a minded 16m old) chicken and veg in tom sauce with spag and I found myself preparing food for me too... I've just given myself a stern talking to and sat down with a pint of water instead :)

We all make mistakes! When I cook OH food I always get 2 plates out!

At least you realised before you cooked it!!! Now it can be used another day!!

How's today been?

At least you realised before you cooked it!!! Now it can be used another day!!

How's today been?

Today has been ok. I've had a soup for lunch, Chili with mushrooms for dinner, loads of water, 2 coffee's and 1 tea :)
I'm off to have a bath now but will be back later to write some rambling thoughts about food and me! Oh and have my cafe latte shake!

Today has been ok. I've had a soup for lunch, Chili with mushrooms for dinner, loads of water, 2 coffee's and 1 tea :)
I'm off to have a bath now but will be back later to write some rambling thoughts about food and me! Oh and have my cafe latte shake!

Nice. Well done. Enjoy your bath. I might be a little quite tonight. Quality time with OH xxx

I just took measurements before my bath, you know the sheet they give you? I've lost 1.5 inches off my waist and bust, 1 inch off my hips and half inch off everything else on there except my calves but they've never been fat anyway! Weigh in tomorrow :)

I just took measurements before my bath, you know the sheet they give you? I've lost 1.5 inches off my waist and bust, 1 inch off my hips and half inch off everything else on there except my calves but they've never been fat anyway! Weigh in tomorrow :)

9.5 inches in total - it was actually 1 inch of hips, shoulders (?) and each thigh too. 1/2 inch of biceps, neck (?) and forearms and 1.5 off waist and bust. Talking of busts (not that any of you were!) after breastfeeding 2 babies I thought my boobs were saggy enough but oh my word, lose a bit of weight and there's NOTHING left :( I know I'm not blessed in that department anyway (when I was 21 and 9st I only had a 32A bust) but I was a 38C before this and I dread to think what I will be at the end of it! My bra's are noticably less full and hubby has already commented that they're shrinking (not that he's that bothered I don't think). I think I'll hold fire before nipping (no pun intended!) to John Lewis to get measured again.
Today has been a good day food wise - cafe latte shake was lovely with an extra shot of espresso! I've been tempted more by food today so the will power has had to step up but I'm not hungry. It's just the thought of food that I'm struggling with. After my blip with lunch I eventually had my first pack at 1pm and then when we got in from school the kids had cheese on toast for their snack and that was really tough. I normally pick at the cheese (loads of calories!) whilst I'm making it and then have a sneaky slice or 2 with them but I made sure I didn't today.
I'm slowly getting into the habit of only cooking what I need to and not extra (yesterday I only peeled 2 spuds for the roasties!) but I'm so used to big meals (even though 'the others' aren't big eaters) I end up having lots of leftovers to pick at. NOT ANYMORE!
I can't wait for weigh in tomorrow and hopefully the scales will be kind :cross:

9.5 inches in total - it was actually 1 inch of hips, shoulders (?) and each thigh too. 1/2 inch of biceps, neck (?) and forearms and 1.5 off waist and bust. Talking of busts (not that any of you were!) after breastfeeding 2 babies I thought my boobs were saggy enough but oh my word, lose a bit of weight and there's NOTHING left :( I know I'm not blessed in that department anyway (when I was 21 and 9st I only had a 32A bust) but I was a 38C before this and I dread to think what I will be at the end of it! My bra's are noticably less full and hubby has already commented that they're shrinking (not that he's that bothered I don't think). I think I'll hold fire before nipping (no pun intended!) to John Lewis to get measured again.
Today has been a good day food wise - cafe latte shake was lovely with an extra shot of espresso! I've been tempted more by food today so the will power has had to step up but I'm not hungry. It's just the thought of food that I'm struggling with. After my blip with lunch I eventually had my first pack at 1pm and then when we got in from school the kids had cheese on toast for their snack and that was really tough. I normally pick at the cheese (loads of calories!) whilst I'm making it and then have a sneaky slice or 2 with them but I made sure I didn't today.
I'm slowly getting into the habit of only cooking what I need to and not extra (yesterday I only peeled 2 spuds for the roasties!) but I'm so used to big meals (even though 'the others' aren't big eaters) I end up having lots of leftovers to pick at. NOT ANYMORE!
I can't wait for weigh in tomorrow and hopefully the scales will be kind :cross:

Good luck for tomorrow!

Ok I'm back. Good luck for tomorrow. Maybe invest in a set of chicken fillets from the bra department..

Xxx

I might get really hungry and eat them.... do you think they weigh more than 100g?? LOL!

Back