JUDD DO IT Mon !!!!

passionflower

Silver Member
Hi guys my name is Monica and I have been through more diets than I care to count. For the umpteen time I lost 2 stone on the Dukan plan and after seeing the BBC program about Intermittent Fasting, I wanted to find out more so here I am.
Now this is where I am now. I NEED to start tomorrow with a UP day cause I would really really want a green Thai curry at our fave Thai restaurant after being good for so long.
Now my stats are
normal cals 1352
down day cals 270
what does this mean? I would welcome some help thanks xxx

Hi, those seem really low values. I can't see your height or weight as I'm on my phone. I'm 5ft 2", weigh 11st 13.6lb and am allowed 1992 cals on an Up Day & 398 on a Down Day and that was selecting the low activity option.

A lot of people stick to 500 cals on a DD & 2000 on a UD.

Hope you get started ok & enjoy the JUDDD way of eating.

TJ x

Hmm ok I think I did it wrongly I was adding my height in cm and I put a dot after the 1 meter bit, I dont think it liked that sooo I just did again ah=nd here's my new stats
So does this mean I have to eat the big number on the up days and smaller number on the down day? Ta muchly

That's it Mon but it seems that 500 and 2000 are the general numbers that people use as guidelines and it's the DD number that's important; don't go over it.

No need to count calories on your UP day - yippee! :D

Enjoy your Thai Green Curry

P x

Yep good advice from pauline, 500/2000 is a one size fits all , its a very good guide but to be honest as long as you stick to 500 or under on your DD s you will be fine, make sure you eat enough on your UPs thats important to, restricting your UP day cals will negatre any positive effects the DD s are having, aim for 2000 but you are not actually dieting on your DD's so enjoy them x

Hello everyone, ok, ok, so after even more deliberation I am starting today but with a down day!! *rolls eyes* I can have the curry tomorrow night. So have been googling 500 cals menus all night last night. I am excited and nervous but it feels good to have renewed focus. Yee haw xx

Hi passionflower,

Hope your first DD goes well. The hunger will come in waves so persevere & it will pass. I've just completed my second DD after coming back to JUDDD & it was definitely easier than the first. The slight discomfort of three DD's a week are definiy worth the pleasure of being able to eat 'normally' four days a week. I could never stick to the monotony of cutting calories for very long before boredom set in & I also felt I was missing out life always having to count what I put in my mouth.

It's amazing what you can have for 500 cals!

TJ x

Thank you WB I am giving it a bash. I have to say as a newbie is very hard to see anywhere on the boards an example of what a 500 cal menu looks like translated in either 2 meals/day or three. So I might start taking some photos here on my diary and see if I can do it on my own. I have big plans for my brekkie *grin*

Last edited:
Here's my first meal of cal counting it ended up so huge and satisfying so I will blow the rest of my allowance on one more meal today. It was delicious and I nearly licked my plate.

203 cals- Pancakes with Coconut Greek Yoghurt and stewed raspberries

403630202.jpg

Total cals 203
I made the pancakes with
2tbs Wheatbran 26 cals
2tsp cornflour 35cals
2 egg whites 32 cals

sweetened the yoghurt with one tsp of Truvia and some coconut flavouring then lightly cooked the frozen berries with another tsp of Truvia

75gr Aldi half fat greek yogurt 60cals
100 Aldi frozen raspberries 50 cals
2tsp Truvia 0cal

Last edited:
That looks delish - I nearly licked my iPad!!

ok so tea time came and I went ahead and cooked a very low cal dinner. These are all things I love to eat anyway so it wasn't hard and I had loads on my plate again for my calorie amount
126 cals Stir Fried White Cabbage with Smoked Turkey bacon

403632498.jpg

200 gr of White cabbage 46 cals
Mattersons Turkey bacon 3 rashers cal 80

Total cals for today 329 I might have a latte later *wink*

Last edited:
Ok so last night was HARD I did had a soya latte with sugar free hazlenut syrup at 22 calories which brought my total DD day to 351 slightly higher than my allowance but less than my 500. So today I had oats with yoghurt and raspberries for breakfast and just working out a healthy lunch option then Thai green curry for tea tonight. Interestingly don't feel the need to eat, eat, eat today but that's maybe just the novelty I'm only on day 2 LMAO.
Oh and I should say I started this at 68.9 kg

Last edited:
Hi Monica. Am loving your down day meals they look very yummy. My cals allowance are similar to yours. I don't count up days but eat just over 400 on DD. I started not eating in DDs at all but find the nearer to 500 cals I eat the more weight I lose.

hi hun i think I did eat to little yesterday, I am still finding my feet and didn't want to overdo it. I will plan better for tomorrow also I might be able to fast all day and have a yummy scrummy 500 cals meal with hubs who's on a slightly higher allowance in the evening, so i could pack him with hearty butternut squash soup and ryvita for lunch then same dinner in the evening. How did yesterday go? :0)

My first few days on JUDDD I ate too few calories. Just doesn't seem right eating so many calories. But have settled down well now and have found what works for me. Yesterday was a strange day. Check out my diary for an explanation. Rather a long story.

Just seen it you poor lot !!! put it behind you xx

They were super yummy after no fruit for 4 months, and it was a big filling portion. I got 4 decent size ones from my bran and cornflour allowance. I love fruit and yoghurt in the Summer months and the pancakes brightened up my 1st DD day.

Back