JUDDD 2.0 The Return

Lanarkwitch

Gold Member
Well the holiday is over and I have a lot of work to do to get back to my JUDDD lows of old, 2 weeks of super overindulgence and a lot of booze pounds to get rid of. Sticking with my usual JUDDD rotations from Saturday as this week is a bit off due to just getting back in the early hours of this morning.

This time round I am taking a few supplements, 150mg daily of pterostilbene and I also have some Resveratrol to add to that mix, as well as a B vitamin and Gelatin.

Plan for this week:

Sun : DD
Mon: MD (1400 max)
Tue: DD:
Wed: MD until 6pm (1000 max) then DD
Thu: DD until 6pm ( no cals in the 24 hour DD)
Fri: UD
Sat DD and usual back to 4:3 from there.

Absolutely desperate to get back to normal, fun as it is to eat and drink anything you want for 2 weeks the shine has worn off food entirely and I am very much looking forward to my DD today.

I will take my DD's as I find them, today I will probably do shakes, if nothing else I am totally dehydrated between the flight and the booze parties, from then on in I will just see what I fancy on DD's. Stocked up on flavoured coffee and sugar free jellies whilst back in the UK so very much ready to get back into the swing of it. I will weigh in on Thursday as normal, I refuse to weigh in before then as I don't want the holiday horror weight to depress me!

Here we go again!

Good luck, I am sure you'll break the back of it pretty quickly.

I don't do supplements myself, but I'd be interested to know if you think the pterostilbene and revasterol make any difference to your loss and motivation second time round.

Read you on Thursday, fingers crossed.

I'm glad you are back. I'll give you a good kick up the bum to stay on track if you'll do the same for me! :asskick:

I consider my arse well and truly kicked!! I am sort of looking forward to getting back into it though, apart from anything else I feel and look rotten so thats motivation enough at the moment!

Well I am not going to lie, first DD back was a tough one, was really hungry mid afternoon and then had to go food shopping to restock the cupboards after the holiday, I didn't buy any rubbish so if it's not here I can't eat it!

I was taking 1 50mg capsule of Ptero last week and didn't notice any difference, yesterday I took 100mg and 1 capsule of resveratrol in the afternoon, I didn't notice any marked improvement in hunger pangs but I did get through the DD, I braved the scales yesterday morning for the purpose of recording my losses only, I have decided this time I am not going to get hung up on my weight number but just concentrate on the positives, which are my losses each week. This morning showed -5lbs which isn't unexpected after the boozing and flying, I am hoping to get another 2lbs off this week. I am only having an MD today so around 1400 cals is my target and will stick loosely with SW principals, if nothing else it makes me eat veg which has been sadly lacking this last few weeks (unless you count the lettuce on a burger), big pot of veg soup going on for the rest of the week, non fat yogs and sugar free jellies are the order of the day, have a good one everybody

6.6lbs of my holiday bloat gone and today is my 2nd DD of the week, going to have my bulletproof coffee again today as that worked wonders yesterday, I was hoping for 7lbs off this week but I'll take more if its going LOL.

Made a giant pot of soup yesterday, only about 200 cals (if that) in the whole pot, but if yesterday is anything to go by I won't need it until dinner time.

Forgot to say I finally got my hair fixed whilst I was back home after the March hair incident in Dubai, I now have caramel highlights like what I asked for,and it didn't seem like any trouble at all to the lady who did it, we were both very pleased at how it turned out :D

What do you put in your soup cos I can never get the calories as low as that? Well done on the loss that's fantastic. I'd settle for 7 lbs a month as thing are cos it's so slow now.

It was largely cabbage LB with a tin of tomatoes and a bit of red pepper I had lying around a few chives and a handful of coriander, I added some glucomannan as a thickener and it was ultra filling, been really hungry today, no doubt left over from yesterday when I could hardly eat anything on my MD.............bugger, it's gone 3 now and I'm fine, soup and salad later, hot choc before bed, done!

My hair is a disaster...a multitude of shades of blonde through ginger!! Really need to go to a hairdresser but as it is now just long enough again to put up that's what I'm doing everyday and trying to ignore it. Glad you finally got yours the way you want it xx :)

I still have all the colours of the rainbow in it from the kid on hairdresser that did it before, but with all the different shades of highlights she did it looks nice now, she was a bloody miracle worker I can tell you, I really like the cut as well, she did exactly what I asked for and hardly took any of the length away and just thinned it a bit.

Busy morning so late updating, things have gone to hell here in Egypt this morning and Mr Lanark has been sent home from work, parts of the city are apparently like a war zone, I am now fearing the worst and a state of emergency will be declared soon or at least a curfew in Cairo, they should have stuck with Mubarak, what a bloody nightmare. Many many deaths reported in very violent clashes and much gunfire reported, thank god I live in the sticks.

On other newsI have lost another 1.8lbs of my holiday bloat so thats 8.4/15 so far, DD today as I changed yesterday to a MD so I could get back to my normal rotation days. Off to hide :hide:

OMG LW I just came on cos of the news. I really hope you are OK and can get away asap. Try to keep calm. Keep updating how things are xxx Oh and bloody brill on the loss xx

As it stands work is suspended until saturday, the embassies are clearly holding out on declaring it a no travel zone as this has insurance implications for companies and expats like us effectively it means we are stuck indoors from 7pm in the evening as the curfew is now in place, downtown cairo is a mess what a very sad day for Egypt so scary :cry:

Things seem quieter today and hopefully the authorities will get this under control pretty quickly, unfortunately although it looks like the military have gone mad here the MB had in fact already planned a number of attacks on the authorities to make things look worse for them and that they were being attacked, the news is just telling frankly a bunch of lies...like what it does.

On a plus note I did manage to get my grocery delivery yesterday, I am not sure how they did it but I sure am glad, the beer however did not make it, but feel confident it may make it today :eek:. Mobile network is down but we have internet still and power and water so thats all on the plus side.

Ended up having an MD yesterday as I had 2 vodkas in the evening...it was needed, scales slowing down but still cooperating and a full 9/15 gone, hopefully I can get the other 6 to go by the end of the month.

Yep news is always propaganda. Glad you got your food order - shame about the beer. I think I'd have needed the vodka to in your shoes. 9lb down - that fabulous. I wish I could lose like you do when you are on a roll. :)xx

Hi hun, just popped in to catch up. Hope you're ok, that situation doesn't sound nice at all.

Good news with the weight loss though. Xxx

Hi LW

Hope you and Mr L are coping OK. It sounds very scary

D x

Back