Juddd and PMS

Stirky7

Believe!
Well I should be a raving psychotic emotional biatch right about now, but like last month I again have no PMS. Bear in mind that my PMS has been steadily getting worse since my daughter was born, was getting to the point where I was going to go to the doctors (again!) to see if anything could be done as thought I probably had PMDD.

Thought last month could be a coincidence, but again this month so hoping it is juddd! If it is then I'm staying on this plan for life, major benefit and even better than the weight loss! Been after a PMS cure (or would've been happy something to just ease it!) for years!!!

Anyway I e-mailed the alternate day team and had this e-mail back (doubt it is from the man himself mind lol, but I suppose you never know!):

"We have had a number of women report the same effect on PMS as you are describing. It may be due to an interference in the mechanism causing PMS, which is likely mediated through inflammation in some way. You are not imagining things. Your observation is real. I appreciate the email.
Thank you
James B. Johnson, MD"

So know we know! Just hope it continues!!!

Last edited:
Hi Stirky,

This is great news!!!:wow:

Imagine a diet that can cure pms:eek:

Anyone who does suffer from pms has nothing to lose by trying this diet apart from weight and hopefully their pms!

It was very nice of them to reply with such positive news!

Love Mini xxx

I was quite amazed they had replied today when I only e-mailed them last night too!

Yes certainly is worth a try for anybody that does suffer with it, like you say mini they only have weight and the PMS to lose lol!

Perhaps you should start a thread in the general or health forum - as I am unsure how many people will read about it here (I know thats a shame) but I honestly think your experience and the email should be shared to a wider audience

for myself I have found my depression seems to be improving - so there could be many benefits to this plan

Im with Stirky here! This month I have been so much better again. I have had inbetween eating days too but still havent touched an evening primrose oil tablet this month:D I did wonder if it was because my SIRT1 gene was still turned on. Just shows even at maintenance we should feel the benefit too!

That is soooo awesome!!!

You know what??? Now that you mention it, it seems that this did help me when we did it at the end of 2008. If I remember correctly, it seems that I didn't cramp as bad and my mood swing were less compared to when I wasn't on this diet.... However, I do remember that I still wanted to eat alot before I started.... I remember thinkin how hard it was for me to stick to the diet the week before I started....... However, guess what?!?!?! Im about to start in a couple of days and Im not PMSing!!! Which is totally HUGE for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Like you, Ive been thinkin that maybe I needed some medication because I PMS REALLY TOTALLY bad! LOL Everyone just better watch out when Im PMSing! LOL(however I am feeling just a tiny bit on edge, but still it is by leaps and bounds better considering what it is usually like! GEEZ!) This time around, Im not wanting to eat like I did before... Strange!!!

What ever works! LOL

Awwww, this would be HUGE if this truly is what is helping! AWESOME!!!!

I hope it is the plan helping, be amazing to actually find something at last that does! I do have the munchies lol but no other PMS symptoms, can cope with the munchies just not the mood swings, crying, depression, shouting at random strangers, wanting to kill people! Lol! I feel rather chilled out this week, does make a lovely change not to have it, and everybody in thehouse benefits too!

Yes good idea Aaleigha, will post it in general forum!

We need to keep this up top on the thread list! :)

Yes if it cures my PMS (or at least lessens it) I'll be sticking with this way of eating permanently, obviously increasing my dd cals at sometime in the future else I'll end up looking like Victoria Beckham :rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao:

Well here's my tuppence worth. I normally have a few days that I'm like a raving lunatic if emma doesn't do what she's told (poor emma, it's only me and her so she gets the brunt of it). I'm probably the same as everyone else and don't realise I'm doing it until after. Last month I was my usual and I wasn't on JUDD as I was driving mum all over the place. This month a totally different story. At the weekend I did fell that I was eating a lot of stodge, but no chocolate cravings. Surprised when period started yesterday. So add me to the list of having a happier life. I'm sure that Emma will appreciate it too!!

Woo-hoo! Great news! Yep I still have no PMS either!!

OMG!!!! I only just realised the connection. I had a period two weeks ago (yes still getting them even in my advanced years) and I had only been on JUDDD for a week. I would normally know the arrival of said episode by stomach cramps and I ALWAYS have to give in and take pain killers. This time it was different, it arrived unannounced, no pain, nothing! I had not made the connection but I wonder if that was the case and I had only been on the diet a week!

It is true though that the SIRT1 gene is epxressed from day the first DD and increases to maximum after about two weeks on this plan. It is a powerful anti-inflammtory so it could very well account for our observations. Wow!

This is really amazing!!!

Here are my symptoms of PMS when Im not on JUDDD!
~ moody
~ wanting to eat constantly
~ Cramping about 1 week - 3 days before ( really bad cramps)
~ oh yeah, did I say MOODY! LOL
~ very short with people
~ anti social
~lower backaches

Now that Im back on JUDDD, here are my symptoms. (Im about to start either later on today, or tomorrow)

So far....

~ a tiny bit moody, just starting yesterday
~ im only wanting to eat a little bit more, not much... Which is huge for me! Usually about 1 week before I start, I want to eat EVERYTHING!
~ NO cramping yet! Wow!!
~ no lower backaches yet!
~ I am a little snappy though! LOL

Now... When I start we will see if I have any cramps.... Usually right when I start, my cramps get a lot worse for 1 day..... We will see what happens..... But so far, NO cramps and usually at this point I have cramps.

Also.... I wanna see if I gain any weight when I start... Usually when I start for that week I gain like 3-5 lbs...... Yikes!!!! (however, when I did JUDDD at the end of 2008, I didn't gain any, I just STS.) Sooo Im hoping that I won't gain and that I will just STS or maybe, just maybe, still lose 1lb! he he! :)

And like someone else mentioned....... If this is not a cure, then I do know from my what Im seeing, that it does lessen it, and for me... that is enough to stay on JUDDD!!! LOL :)

And like someone else mentioned....... If this is not a cure, then I do know from my what Im seeing, that it does lessen it, and for me... that is enough to stay on JUDDD!!! LOL :)

Yep I'm staying on juddd forever lol!

My totm started today (albeit very lightly which isn't like me, well atm won't be tomorrow) so it's official I had NO PMS!! Whoop! :D I LOVE JUDDD!!!!!

Last edited:
Ok... Im sooo happy!!!! Its offical! JUDDDD has 90% taken care of my normal PMS!!! It is soooooooo awesome!!!!

I had the munchies, but nearly as bad!

Ive only had 1 - 2 days of bad cramping VS the entire WEEK that I was havin!!!!

I have been a bit moody, but not nearly as bad as I was!!

This is just soooooo awesome!

Woo-hoo Jolinarr, great news! This is so great that juddd has this effect on us, totally amazed by it, really didn't expect it to take care of PMS!! Love it!!!

Back