JUDDD - Introduce Yourself!!

Samples of Diet Menus using Healthy Foods *

Listed below are 3 more diet menus ranging from low to upper-medium calories per day. All the diets are composed of fresh, healthy, natural foods and ingredients. For a healthy diet always try to choose fresh, natural foods and ingredients. Also, choose lower salt options for any meal, and try not to add salt when cooking if using any type of processed dressing or sauce as these tend to contain lots of added salt.

To help keep calories low I always drink plenty of bottled water during the day as well as after each meal or snack. It's surprising how easy it is to drink excess calories through sodas and sugary drinks, but water contains no calories at all!

The following diets are for demonstration purposes only!
If you decide to follow any of the healthy diet examples below or any diet samples on this website you must seek the approval of a qualified dietician before starting the diet plan. Please read our Terms!

Diet Menu of Healthy Foods

Breakfast:

• One boiled egg - 90 calories
  • One slice wholegrain toast with 25g cheese - 205 cals
  • One Banana (sliced) - 107 calories
  • Half Cantaloupe melon - 97 cals
  • Handful of strawberries - 60 cals
Lunch:

• Ham & Mushroom Tagliatelle - 650 TOTAL calories for this dish
  • with 50 grams egg Tagliatelle, half onion, French beans, 80g mushrooms, 50g ham, low-fat yogurt, little oil & garlic
Method:
Cook Tagliatelle separately. Stir-fry sliced onion and garlic (1 tsp) in a little oil. Stir in 100g steamed French beans, mushrooms and herbs. Mix in pasta and cooked ham. Heat, stir in 100ml low-fat Greek yogurt.

Snack:

• Small handful of dried fruit and nuts/seeds & almonds - 200 cals
  • Fruit juice - 80 cals
Dinner:
Healthy-food-on-menus.jpg

• Fresh Tuna steak (grilled) - 180 cals
  • 4 small new potatoes with skins - 150 Calories
  • Steamed Vegetables (broccoli, cabbage, carrots) - 110 cals
Total Healthy Calories = 1929

Healthy Diet Menu #2

Breakfast:

• One bowl cereals (Half Bran Flakes, half Muesli with 200ml semi-skimmed milk) - 304 calories
  • One banana - 107 cals
  • One Kiwi fruit - 34 cals
  • Iced Tea or fruit juice - 70 cals approx
Lunch:

• Egg & Cress sandwich - 310 TOTAL calories for this sandwich!
  • using 2 slices of granary bread, one hard boiled egg chopped, half tablespoon low-fat mayonnaise & cress.
  • One piece of fruit or fruit juice - 60 cals
Snack:

• 2 Plums - 67 cals
  • One fruit yogurt - 75 cals
Dinner:

• Teriyaki Chicken (100g chicken breast, quarter cup of teriyaki sauce from health food store) - 290 total calories
  • 2 cups Fresh steamed vegetables - 150 cals
Method:
Marinate chicken for three hours in Teriyaki sauce. Bake or broil for 4 minutes each side.

Total Calories = 1467 healthy low calories for one day!

Healthy Diet Menu #3

Breakfast:

• 2 Weetabix with sliced banana and semi-skimmed milk - 325 calories
  • add mixed berries - 70 cals
  • Yogurt - 75 cals
  • Tea or coffee (no sugar)
Lunch:

• One tortilla wrap - 360 TOTAL calories for this wrap & filling!
  • filled with; half small, mashed avocado, sliced tomato, reduced fat mozzarella cheese.
  • Salad + dressing (lettuce, tomato, cucumber & onions) - 80 cals
Snack:

• 2 teaspoons peanut butter - 110 calories
  • One slice Granary toast - 110 cals
  • Piece of fruit - 80 calories
Dinner:

• Salmon Steak (Medium steak grilled with dried herbs) - 200 calories
  • Mashed potatoes - 150 cals
  • Steamed vegetables - 80 cals
Total Calories = 1640 healthful calories

There seems to be loads of foods listed there , just gives you an idea .

Example of 2000 Calorie Dieting Menu for One Day.

Breakfast:

• Omelette (with 3 egg whites, 1 yolk, sliced onions, chopped zucchini &garlic) - 210 calories
  • 2 slices granary toast with Jam (conserve) - 250 cals
  • Natural Fat-free Yogurt small pot - 60 calories
  • Small piece of fruit - 50 cals
Method for Omelette:
In a large non-stick pan, gently heat the onion and zucchini. Add 2 tablespoons of water. While stirring frequently, cook until onion is clear. Add eggs and garlic powder and continue to cook until eggs are done. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese to add more taste.

Lunch:

• Chicken pasta salad (one chicken breast with cherry tomatoes, cucumber, & green peppers) - 210 calories
  • 4 tablespoons whole-wheat pasta (with 2 tablespoons low-fat mayonnaise) - 240 cals
  • Fruit juice - 90 cals
Snack:

• 2 slices of malt loaf (with thin smear butter) - 200 cals
Dinner:

• Chilli Con Carne - 630 TOTAL calories for this dish!
  • using 125g lean mince beef, 150ml chopped tomatoes, 1 green chilli (chopped & deseeded), one onion, 100g kidney beans
  • Salad with light dressing - 115 cals
  • One small low-fat fruit trifle - 55 cals
Method for Chilli con carne:
Saute 1 onion in 2 tbsp oil. Add pinch cumin seeds, 1 tsp garlic, 1 grenn chilli & 150ml tomatoes. Cook for 10-15 minutes. Stir in half can drained kidney beans & 15g flat leaf parsley. Serve with asparagus and a salad with low-fat dressing.

Total for whole day's menu = 2015 approx Calories

there seems to be some good menus there. what is the name of the website? I am using myplate.com as it is great at working out the calories and I have tracked all my weight losses on it so I can print a pretty chart lol

Thank you Jackie im having a nose again ive brought a caliore counter book from waterstones.

everything in there all foods only £4.50 handy to keep in my bag all the time for my up days lol x

I will check that web site out Karen .
How are you doing , when is weigh in ?
You know today it is hot and all i want to do is drink , bring it on all helps lol.
Shanny , now we will be bugging you top look up the foods we can't find in your book hehe .
Its amazing when you have to keep thinking , ok got to write it down what i've eaten on my up day cos you lose track also you think I better see how many is left as its almost evening .
Yes that web site where I got the meal plans from shows you a good lay out , and you don't have to have them you can swap .
Hows everyone ?

if you go to myplate.com you can keep track of all your calories. it works out how many carbs, fat, sugar, protien etc in everything you eat and all you have to do is put the first few letters of what you have eaten in and it gives you loads of options from everything from kfc zinger burger to warbutron sliced bread, to slices of wafer thin ham, it really is a saver. Had a down day today and it has been the hardest one yet. dont know why, although it is "star" week lol so I am always lighter and always hungrier which doesnt bode well for down days. I also need to make Saturday an up day so will have to have a medium day tomorrow which will mean that will be the 2nd medium day this week.

Fingers crossed for tomorrow. I will let you know how I get on.

Last edited:
hi Karen , just went to web site and there are other sites there and unsure which one you use ?
Yes you never know how you will be from one day till the next on any diet , if you have an easy day or hard . its when they keep getting hard , which need to think why we are doing the diet . I did start today, on a down day , thought I am getting that i'm short of breath walking and if i carry shopping its worse .
So started with a cambridge diet porridge just to use up as it was a month out of date, but i'm still alive lol
On my down days i will use up my CD , I do have a lot of it, so makes sense for me .
Yes Karen let us know how weigh in goes , will be good to see the loses .
Shanny , will you be starting on an up or down day Saturday ?
I guess you've got your head into that book , the book i'm on now is ‘Psychic Sally:I will have to work on my next book to keep me busy .
But this diet seems the only answer for me as CD is to hard for me these days , as I have tried and failed to many times .
You look forward to the next day as you have more to eat , what was happening before when I did JUDDD was I could not sleep at night plus some weird dreams , anyone else get them ?
OK think i'm going into an epic mode time to drink my coffee lol

oops sorry msjmc i gave you the wrong link here it is
MyPlate - Food Diary & Food Calorie Counter | LIVESTRONG.COM

yes it is a good idea to use up your CD stuff if you have it anyway and at least on up days you can eat normally.

good thing today was weigh in and i lost 5 pounds!! I cant believe it! I am going to be a bit mixed up this week as I will have had a medium day on tuesday, up wed, down thur, med fri, up sat, med sun, up mon, med tues, up wed, down thur. that will mean out of a whole week i will on ly have done 2 down days so I might not lose anything next week, but i will keep at it. a link to my diary is here
http://www.minimins.com/juddd-diaries/148131-my-new-diary-juddd.html

there is a sticky in the judddd sub forums so weight losses so was hoping to get some names, obviously me you and shanny but hopefully anyone else who is starting will join us. My friend from work is at a platuea too and is getting very frustrated so she may venture onto here and on this diet

Shanny , did you get started ok ?
How are you doing on it , and is the book helping let us know

Karen
5 pounds is great !
With the week ahead all you could maybe do is drop down some cals , Will go look at that web site also go have a look at your diary .
Hey nice to drop into the 12 bracket .
OK that will be good to put names down will also go over to that and put a my name there . yes your friend should join us all . we need to boost this up and shanny too .
Right now a bit of reading to do to catch up on here .

Hiya all,

I would love to the join JUDDD (and the weigh in group) from June 1. Three reasons for this date: I am off on a holiday from next Tuesday plus I do like even dates to start. And I would like to read more into it than I have now. I am one of the people who need to know lots of theory before starting the real thing. I hope that's alright with you. :)

A little about me:
I am 30 years old and I live in the Northeast. I have been counting calories so far but find it very hard to lose weight with this method. It seems like I can't find the right amount to not put on weight or to maintain the weight. After several other diets I want to give JUDDD a try as it sounds a good plan and I hope I can stick with it.

I will see you all on the 1st :) and if you have any questions, please ask!

The fun starts here

Hiya all,

I would love to the join JUDDD (and the weigh in group) from June 1. Three reasons for this date: I am off on a holiday from next Tuesday plus I do like even dates to start. And I would like to read more into it than I have now. I am one of the people who need to know lots of theory before starting the real thing. I hope that's alright with you. :)

A little about me:
I am 30 years old and I live in the Northeast. I have been counting calories so far but find it very hard to lose weight with this method. It seems like I can't find the right amount to not put on weight or to maintain the weight. After several other diets I want to give JUDDD a try as it sounds a good plan and I hope I can stick with it.

I will see you all on the 1st :) and if you have any questions, please ask!
Welcome to the group , its karen whos is doing the weigh inns , and my day is saturday . I'm sure she will add you on .
I'm on my down day of 500 today .
Will see you June 1st .
I'm Jackie , i'm young lol 42 ouch did I just say that lol

Hi Jackie, lovely to meet you! :)

I will post in the weigh in thread separately once I have started. So far my weigh in day is Friday, so maybe I just stick to it :) .

hi Eilean

Yes think we all have different weigh in days .
I am trying to get a list together of low fat foods , makes it feel like your eating loads then lol
How much in total did you want to lose .

About the same as me , but no matter how hard it gets we are all here together , good days come bad I have just put some foods up on the JUDDD have a read up girl

Just don't eat all them foods at once lol
Your welcome , right time for a drink , see you all later x

Back