JUDDD - Introduce Yourself!!

Welcome to juddd Mary, good luck and let us know how you're getting on, we're all here to help you along the way x

I'M JOINING YOU!

Hi everyone, my name's Hazel I'm 33 and live in Torpoint, Cornwall (near Plymouth). I have 3 children, 2 boys 11 and 7 and a little girl who's 4.

I have been on this forum for a week or so and was going to do Slimming World (did it a couple of years ago and lost 2 stone, only to put most of it back on again!) However I came across you JUDDDERS and wondered if it could work for me.

I did a DD yesterday and managed really well to stay under 500 calories, however today my UD hasn't been too successful. I do tend to comfort eat and was very stressed out so ate all day long. Now wondering if I can do this after all.

Just wondered how everyone stays in control on UDs, any advice gratefully received.

Hazel x

Oh welcome Hazel!! I'm in Plymouth so very near you. I'm 33 this year! Also have two boys (5 and 6) and a little girl who is 4 at the end of this month, how weird is that lol!

Good luck on juddd. I think most of us find the down days to be easier than that up days so you're not alone lol. Yes it is very easy at first to go over the top on your up days, just make sure you stick to you're cals on a down day and try not to go too mad on an up day and you'll be fine. Once you get into the swing of it after a week or two the novelty of the up days wears off and you start eating less on them, infact you find you eat less than you normally would. So stick at it and you'll be fine. Make sure you drink plenty of water on both up and down days as that really helps!

Take care and good luck xx

Hi Hazel and welcome to Juddd.

Like Stirky says the up days do get better, now when I have eaten too much I can tell straight away, I feel all bloated and uncomfortable. My appetite has changed so quickly that I think my head is still stuck in the old way of eating, but I am sure it will catch up soon.

Good luck.

Sanghi.

Hi Stirky, yes how strange! especially as I hadn't even heard of JUDDD before joining the forum! My little girl Grace was 4 last week! We're also roughly the same height. Although must be different builds as I don't think it would be physically possible for me to get to 10 stone lol! When I lost weight on Slimming World I got down to 11 stone and everyone said I looked too skinny - as if!

I'm drinking lots of water and that's definitely helped. I will stick with it and hopefully it will work as I really like the idea of it.

Hi Sanghi, thanks for your welcome. I too have a problem with my head - it's always telling me to eat! lol.

Looking forward to chatting and keeping each other motivated.

Hazel
x

Lol I think we all have that problem, our heads telling us to eat :)

Hope you've had a really good day, at least the weather has been lovely yet again :D Everything always feels better when the sun is shining!

Good luck hun x

hello!

I'm Aline, 22 years old (23 soon) and I'm "officially" joining you. I chose this diet because it is similiar to what I do when I'm in a plato, i. e. shift calories.

Wish me luck guys :)

Good luck for you all as well ;)

Aline

Welcome to juddd Aline, good luck with it and let us all kow how you get on :) x

Thank you Stirky:)

Hi , well I've been trying vlcd and not being able to stick to them for more than 4 days so I thought what a great diet this looks , i'm starting today with a down day , will have a read up more to this thread .
How is everyone doing ?

Hey MsJMC how is the Judding going? I have also started it. This is day 3 for me. up day tomorrow yay!!

hi Karen
Its better than alot of diets , just have to have more water , so don't get headaches .
How are you finding it , what foods are you having on up day ?

Hi MsJmc. I always get headaches anyway but the first two dayss seemed to be the worst. Havent had any since. This is my fourth day. If you want to have a look at what I have been eating on an upday, have a look at my diary in the JUDDD section, I have been keeping a record of calories eaten on up days too. I dont know whether it will be useful until I start losing weight lol. What do you eat on an up day? do you try to stick healthy or eat all the forbidden things? I try to stick to as healthy as I can with the odd curly wurly thrown in for good measure. damn those curly wurlys !! lol I try and have at least 2 litres of water a day which i find easier to do on a down day. I also find the down days easier than I thought and I take it as a challenge too, although it is coming up to star week so might have the urge to splurge soon

hi Karen
What is star week ?
I tend to go for snacks Making healthier choices, also to drink water with my meal,also smaller portion size things to go for say Grilled chicken sandwich,salad with grilled chicken and low-fat dressing,Baked potato or a side salad,Mashed potatoes,Lean meat (roast beef, chicken breast, lean ham) or veggies,Choosing whole-grain bread,Steamed brown rice,Pasta a sauce but making sure its not high in kcals. Really it's best to go for lower as you can have more , well thats me lol . what foods are you going for , yes always best to have that treat , otherwise its to hard on ourselfs

Wow thats a lot of healthy stuff there lol, I am not that good. When I am at work I tend to have the same thing on up day (I am quite a fussy eater), 2 weetabix, then ham toastie for lunch and chicken and jacket potato and beans for tea with some fruit throughout the day thrown in for good measure. Star week is the week you are due on when you are at your heaviest (well apparantly) although I always tend to notice I am lighter not heavier lol.

Hi Karen
Star week , thats a new one lol . I used to call them happy days lol
Before star week few days i tend to put on , as long as it goes i don't care lol .
As from Saturday i'm giving Johnson diet full postive mind ... no cheats for me . hey is there anybody out there , are we the only few lol .
Karen you are still doing great , what do you eat on the down day ?

Ms JMC, I think Shanny said she was starting with you on Saturday so I that will be 3 altogether. I think most people who have been on it have not lasted very long and changed to other diets. Maybe it is just a short term diet, who knows it is too early to tell. I am giong to give it at least 2 weeks and so far I am onto day 6.

On my down days I tend to eat things like weight watchers soup, raw rhubarb with sweetner, strawberries, ham sandwhich etc

hi Karen
Yes Saturday there will be 3 of us and if more want to join .
With the diet I have been reading on other sites that they seem to be doing it long term or others give up , thats great day 6 , have you had a peak how much you've lost ?
I found a good site , i will paste some of the info on as don't think I can put other sites on here .

Breakfast:

• One boiled egg - 90 calories
  • One slice wholegrain toast with 25g cheese - 205 cals
  • One Banana (sliced) - 107 calories
  • Half Cantaloupe melon - 97 cals
  • Handful of strawberries - 60 cals
Lunch:

• Ham & Mushroom Tagliatelle - 650 TOTAL calories for this dish
  • with 50 grams egg Tagliatelle, half onion, French beans, 80g mushrooms, 50g ham, low-fat yogurt, little oil & garlic
Method:
Cook Tagliatelle separately. Stir-fry sliced onion and garlic (1 tsp) in a little oil. Stir in 100g steamed French beans, mushrooms and herbs. Mix in pasta and cooked ham. Heat, stir in 100ml low-fat Greek yogurt.

Snack:

• Small handful of dried fruit and nuts/seeds & almonds - 200 cals
  • Fruit juice - 80 cals
Dinner:
Healthy-food-on-menus.jpg

• Fresh Tuna steak (grilled) - 180 cals
  • 4 small new potatoes with skins - 150 Calories
  • Steamed Vegetables (broccoli, cabbage, carrots) - 110 cals
Total Healthy Calories = 1929

Healthy Diet Menu #2

Breakfast:

• One bowl cereals (Half Bran Flakes, half Muesli with 200ml semi-skimmed milk) - 304 calories
  • One banana - 107 cals
  • One Kiwi fruit - 34 cals
  • Iced Tea or fruit juice - 70 cals approx
Lunch:

• Egg & Cress sandwich - 310 TOTAL calories for this sandwich!
  • using 2 slices of granary bread, one hard boiled egg chopped, half tablespoon low-fat mayonnaise & cress.
  • One piece of fruit or fruit juice - 60 cals
Snack:

• 2 Plums - 67 cals
  • One fruit yogurt - 75 cals
Dinner:

• Teriyaki Chicken (100g chicken breast, quarter cup of teriyaki sauce from health food store) - 290 total calories
  • 2 cups Fresh steamed vegetables - 150 cals
Method:
Marinate chicken for three hours in Teriyaki sauce. Bake or broil for 4 minutes each side.

Total Calories = 1467 healthy low calories for one day!

Back