Juicing???

welshgirl21

Silver Member
I don't understand the whole juicing thing - if I eat an orange as a piece of fruit it's free but if I put that same orange in my juicer I have to syn it; why?

I'm not adding anything to it by juicing it and if I eat it then I'm eating the same juice I'd get out of it if I juiced it. It makes no sense at all to me.

I agree! My breakfast normally consists of 2 pieces of fruit & a muller yogurt, but by turning this into a smoothie type thing i need to syn it, even though im still consuming the same amount of food! I agree that eating 1 orange for instance, is a lot more filling than juicing 1 orange (you would probably need at least 4 to make a decent amount of juice) but it doesn’t seem to make sense when you plan to eat the same amount of food anyway?! :)
xxx

I've heard this argument loads of times in class and although iagree i do see logic in it.

If you eat 1 orange you fill up slightly. If you take the same orange and juice it you will have to use more oranges than you would if you ate them. You've probably use more oranges juicing than eating.

I agree also!makes no sense at all! I can see by it if ur usin say 10 oranges but if ur usin same amount ud be eatin then i dont see difference!xx

I agree also!makes no sense at all! I can see by it if ur usin say 10 oranges but if ur usin same amount ud be eatin then i dont see difference!xx

would you eat 10 though? because i wouldnt and i think thats their point. Eating whole ones will fill you up quicker

To be honest i have done in the past lol not at same time but throughout day.. i understand the oranges but i mean sumtimes i like to use mullerlight and mix handfull of strawberries n grapes into it or a banana and blend it i dont see how that cud have syns when its same amount i wud eat xx

I thought this but apparently it's about the calories burned when breaking down fruit, from the chewing to digestion. And if u have juice or smoothies this process is basically done for you therefore ur body doesn't need to work and burn off calories!! Kinda makes sense, I think!! Must admit I was gutted!! Was looking forward to orange juice and smoothies!!!
Hugs
Aims xxx

I thought this but apparently it's about the calories burned when breaking down fruit, from the chewing to digestion. And if u have juice or smoothies this process is basically done for you therefore ur body doesn't need to work and burn off calories!! Kinda makes sense, I think!! Must admit I was gutted!! Was looking forward to orange juice and smoothies!!!
Hugs
Aims xxx

Thanks Aimzleytuk!! :)
It makes a lot more sense to me now! :)
xxx

Ah ha, that makes a bit more sense.

I'm still going to juice fruit as I spent over £100 on a juicer last month, I'll just syn them.

Thanks for the info all :)

No worries!! I only know cuz went on a rampage about it!! Lol!!! So did some research on it! Good idea about still having juice! It's still a healthier syn option than alot of things I can think of!! Lol!! Mmmmmmmm synful foods..... Lol !!
Take care
Hugs
Aims xxx

Back