Julies Diary: A post for each day inside!

Day 9 -11: 13/01/12 - 15/01/12 Peak Time

Decided to write all these days together as nothing much was really different to them. I have been a bit moody this week to be honest but its more short fuse than anything and I've realized that I do miss food but I need to get back into the head space. The diet is beginning to get a small bit boring for me and i'm starting to get tempted that if I eat just one low calorie portioned meal a week, it could work. But no. I know I have to continue and everyday I can feel my tummy tingling and I know that means its melting away. And anyways, I've spent a bit on new clothes so I have to keep going :D. I've cut down to two shakes some nights because I would literally be sick if I took the third so I just drink extra water- I have told my pharmacist about this and he said to keep trying to take it but its a matter of actually forgetting it until its too late to take it or just going to make it and grabbing a glass of water instead. So, I'm wondering do I need a break from three shakes a day and should I ask for flapjacks. I've tried the stuffing and the chocolate and every way to mix them up but I'm just bored- I wonder has this happened anybody this early??

I went to a wedding fair yesterday and there was canepes everywhere and lots of free food testers and although I would have liked to have tried them I passed. I did however do something unknown to myself. My OH asked me to grab him a few bits on a plate and I did and accidentally hit off a piece of sauce with my finger and it went straight into my mouth. It felt weird to taste a sauce again but even though it was just the tiniest bit i realized with a slap why i was still on LT because if that had been me 3 weeks ago that plate would have gone over to my table with me.

The loss has really helped me cope too. The people that do know I'm doing the diet have been asking me how I'm getting on- I think that they want me to say that its hard etc etc so that can give me the "I told you so" but I'm just telling them that I had a big loss last week and I hope it continues. I have a christening next Sunday and the afters is in a pub. I'm just so happy it isn't a sit down meal it's finger food so I don't have to eat and I can move around discreetly telling people I'm full or I'm stuffed.

Other than the above, i am still getting a little light headed and i do get headaches again but that could be down to my water intake i'm not getting too worried about it yet. I believe I could have also skipped a period due to the physical change in me- in the last few days its more noticeable that the weight has gone and that has happened before on my other diets so I won't worry about that just yet, my pharmacist also said this could happen- just in case there are people who are afraid to ask that question. I do have bundles of energy, I have started exercising and the exercise bike is in full swing while the TV is on! Its better to watch Eastenders/Emmerdale/Corrie while cycling rather than lazing off on the couch.

I am a happier person for doing this and I know I will be unbelievably happy once the results are truly final in 8 weeks and I am a whole new different person.

Keep up the good work everyone!!! :)

Julie xox

I know some people get a flapjack and add warm vanilla shake to get a porridge like substance! You could give that ago so that you're getting all your nutrients in!

your diary is a fantastic read Kingiejules!! you are so similar to me it is a little bit scary!! haha fantastic result on weigh day! congratulations!!! roll on week two for both of us!!!! whooooo hooooooooo

Well done on resisting all those temptations - that is a fantastic result. The flapjacks are an aquired taste but once you get use to them they are a good alternative to the shakes. I prefer the peanut one and have them at work as it is easier than making the shakes. Keep up the water and that will hopefully help with the headaches. MY TOTM is all over the place but that could also be my age ha! ha! Keep up the good work and the great diary.

I know its so annoying to have it all over the place :-( yeah I'm just thinking it might be more sociable, don't really want to be making shakes here I'd get all sorts of questions. I'd adapt really quick anyways, I'm not a huge fan of the shakes but i don't care because they are giving results just want to get back chewing. I heard that the coconut one is nice too so might try half and half next week. Can't wait to see what's gone on Thursday :) how are you getting on hockeynut? :)

Day 12: 16/01/12 !!!! Frustration !!!!

I'm so bored on this diet omg!!!!! I'm actually kind of counting the days to when I can eat normal food again so I can have some variety. My OH had a fab dinner today and I had just a freaking shake. Its killing me that there is no variety- does anyone feel the same??? Today flew though, had lots of peppermint tea though to try and break the monotony of black tea and coffee and even split things up today so that it felt like I was having more but no. The only thing that's keeping me on this diet is that size 12 dress hanging on my wardrobe. Nothing else- I'm literally doing it to fit into that now and that's all. Still getting the light spells :( sometimes I can't sit up to quick or I've to watch getting out of bed in the mornings because I don't want to fall over. I keep thinking of WW and other diets where i can eat but I'm happy not eating its just to have the CHOICE other than strawberry, chocolate and soup. I went back to the pharmacist today and got two flapjacks instead of two of my packs and had them both today to try them out and I couldn't finish them, they were awful. I've tried the different recipes but I'm not sure. I'm thinking that if I work hard and exercise really well it'll fall off quicker and I won't have as much time on the diet. I'm not sure. Has anyone any advice for me?? I think its just total frustration at the sheer boredom at this stage- even getting bored of water at this stage.

I'm not sure maybe this will pass and I'll be fine again, I mean everyone has those days don't they?? I'm looking forward to getting to day 30 because at least I know I'm half way there. And maybe i'll have hit my target by then or near there! Planning on losing between 6lbs and 8lbs this week if I can. Is that a bit too much to hope for??

:(

Julie x

Day 13-15: 16/01/12 - 18/01/12 On the Upside!

It is so easy to fall off track it really is and I nearly did it today but I reminded myself what I was doing and why I was doing it. It can only go up from here, I stumbled but I didn't fall over! I think the boredom really got to me because my OH started eating healthily but he could eat fish and butternut squash chips and I was stuck with my shakes. So I decided that I would do something really sneaky and I weighed myself on my Wii fit. I know I cannot exactly trust the Wii Fit but it says that I am down about 6lbs but I'm wary just in case its wrong but its still a good kick forward which means *fingers crossed* I'm a stone down. I'm weighing in tomorrow at about 4:30pm so I'll know my loss by then officially. I do have a strong urge to pick food and I believe that that may be coming from last Sunday when i tasted a sauce by accident that my finger hit off. The hardest is as at lunch time everyday when I have to sit in the staff room and watch them all eat rolls and good things but its not so much that I want it- I don't because I'm not hungry its just that I would like to have it for the sake of having it- if that makes sense. Tomorrow is my saviour day though, I am walking around the yard for 40 minutes so I'm away from temptation. I have started peppermint tea big time and I really like it and it keeps me going during the day and when I get home I feel that I'm ok. I've noticed too that I am a bit anxious- I was in Tesco today and I just couldn't wait to get out of the place and realized that I don't feel comfortable being there anymore- I only really feel comfy when I'm at home where my food source is. Nobody can judge me there or say anything to me. I still cannot see an actual difference although people have said that my face looks thinner and I know my bum is disappearing that's where the jeans are getting baggy. Physically i am able for this and i'm ready for this change- unbelievably ready- but mentally I feel I could break next week as I will be half way through my journey so I will be on here as much as possible for the support- I know that I will need it next week no matter what. I'll write back what I've lost and here's hoping that I get into the 12's or that at least I get low 13's.

On the upside- got a lovely new delivery of 3 size 12 dresses AND a dvd and book from OH for my loss last week!

Chat soon :)

Julie x

Hi Julie, you just seem to be having a bit of a crap few days! so have i dont worry it will pass after weigh in!! it will all be worth it! I know you said you dont like the vanilla but have you tried it of a morning with a teaspoon of coffee in it!! its actually quite nice!!
please dont give up!! your doing so well!!!
daisey!
x

Hi Daisey, Yeah I knew this was coming from reading other blogs so I was kind of ready for it. Will just get through it anyways! Made myself a weight chart to put up on my wall to keep me going so filling in that is helping me get on with it! Yeah I've tried the vanilla every way I just can't stomach it whatever it is about it. Thanks for the support!! xoxox

ive took pictures of myself in my underwear and look at them when im feeling down!! (they are awful!) ive made a weight chart too so im just going to fill that in! ive had a crap day today because ive been bored!! need to keep myself busy!!!
good luck with your next weigh in! x

Day 16: 19/01/12 Weigh In

So not much happened today just had time to reflect a little today and realized that I need to keep going with this diet to reach my goal. There are no excuses and there is no exception, I have to do it. I thought all day about going into the pharmacist today and telling him I didn't want to go any further but when I weighed myself I was quite happy. I lost 4lbs which isn't a great loss but its a good loss considering I gave up on exercise earlier this week due to the cold and just stuck to the exercise bike. i told him that I was frustrated with the diet in that there was no variety with the diet but he said he hears that off a lot of people in their second or third week because people are just settling in. So that's about it for today. Everyday was more or less the same this week, however I now have 9 days of shakes left as I was forgetting to take some so I won't go back until I've 8 days gone to see if I have a better loss. Hope everyone is doing really well!! :)

Julie x

Well done for 4lbs loss hun,that's still a good loss in a week.I've struggled a bit this week too but keep plodding on and you'll get there hun x

Exactly its just getting hard for me now to take the three shakes because I feel sick with the thoughts of takin the third and can't force it in I hope it doesn't affect the weight loss for next week

You really must have it hun.... try watering it down even more see if that makes it more palateable :) xx

kingiejules said:
Exactly its just getting hard for me now to take the three shakes because I feel sick with the thoughts of takin the third and can't force it in I hope it doesn't affect the weight loss for next week

I'm having exactly the same problem hun,I've had this struggle since I started(day 16 now).I still had good losses,but we both really should put more effort into having all 3 xxx

Its important because they contain ALL your daily vitamins, so your going short of them if you only have 2 shakes hun xx

Hi Julie - I mix my shakes with a pint of water. It means I am taking in some of my water allowance and I prefer them when they are weaker. The first time I had a flapjack I thought I would be sick! I still don't like the coconut ones but have almost got to like the peanut ones. My chemist would not let me try them until week 3 because they were such an aquired taste but now they are so much easier than trying to make the shakes at school. Huge well done for losing a stone that is a big achievement. The diet does get easier the longer you are on it. - honestly. Keep up the good work.

Day 17-19: 21/01/12-23/01/12 Breezing by....

The days certainly seem to be getting shorter and shorter. Last weekend went like a shot, I nearly did have a slip up, I came face to face with a lovely looking cocktail sausage that had my name written all over it. It was begging me to eat it so I began to think why not, its only one, nobody but of will know and others have slipped up more than me and have been fine. Just as I was about to take it my OH snapped it up as well as the plate and told me it was one sausage or one pound. He's definitely a keeper :). He was so supportive that day and even bought me bottled water in the pub instead of drinking the tap water. God love him he really doesn't want me to mess up. The other days are just rolling into each other and as I said before I'm leaving it two extra days this week to be weighed in just to see how I go. I have been adding a pinch of black pepper to my soup but I find if I do this it goes down no problem and have started taking my third shake and if I don't its handed to me. So next week my pharmacist is taking away a set of shakes for flapjacks so I can eat while in school so I'm not worrying about a third shake. I know I don't like them but its the safest route for me at the moment.

I think the biggest compliment I got was that I looked amazing from a woman who used to me to my face I was fat in order to try and get me to lose weight. And then again today one of my students told me I was wasting away.

The up side is that I've no desire for food and my size 14s are being held up by a size large belt on its last notch. I'm refusing to buy new pants until they are literally falling to the ground off me. I still can't fit into the dress I need for the wedding in May and I don't believe I will either on my planned refeed date so I'm aiming to go all through March as well and refeed the end of April just in time for May 5th. I'm very broad and although the boobs have decreased (no harm) I feel I need to lose the excess on top before I think of that dress.

I'm also back on the exercise bike this week ready to go and the ps3 now has a new fitness game!

Actually meant to ask when any of ye make you're shakes, do you notice a brown residue at the end? Especially for the strawberry and the soup? It just freaked me out when I saw it today.

Anyways onwards and inwards as they say!

Julie x

Well done Hun and your fella sounds fab to be encouraging you like that and I'm glad you're getting the 3 shakes a day.I've been getting 3 shakes in for the last few days too.I take my first as soon as I'm up now so my second and third shakes are normally when I have my first and second lol :)
Xxxx

Yeah he is great now I must say! Downed my third shake there now so happy out that i managed it!

Back