Julie's journey to lose her jelly belly on SS

Here I am talking to myself, LOL!

So, weigh in tomorrow, am very nervous. Had another good day today, so that is positive. Made a gorgeous pasta for my hubby tonight, OMG I so wanted it!

I want this so bad and am so nervous - I want results, I want them now and I want them to be big! I want to be in the 14 stones within 2-3 weeks if possible - this will be a huge milestone for me as I haven't been in this weight bracket for over two years.

Gahhhhhh, roll on 9.30 tomorrow morning :)

Thanks - your support means a lot!

Good Luck for tomorrow. I know you'll pull a big number, you've done brilliantly in your first week, you deserve it.

So, here I am after my first weigh in. I AM SO FRIGGING HAPPY!!!

I have lost 12lb and 10 inches!!!!!!!!!! TEN INCHES!!!!!!!!! So I am now 15 st 7lb :) And my CDC says I can be in the 14s by my birthday (13th) if I stick to it!!!! Wow!!!! Honestly, I am so so so happy.

Everyone, stay strong and stick to it - it really does work!!!!!

Will update more later, but have got to go out now for some shopping. Liz, best of luck for your weigh in tomorrow, fingers crossed for an awesome result :)

That is fantastic. Not just the lbs but the inches too.
I really hope I can do half as well as that.

So, here we are and another day done. Still 100%, still very happy and still raring to go!

I must be weird as I don't feel hungry and don't have any cravings. I sometimes see something and think how much I'd like to eat, but it passes within seconds. Maybe it will hit me like a tonne of bricks one day??? Who knows, but I am loving this stage of it!

Tried choc mint shake today, YUMMY! I like all the shakes actually, probably my least fave being the toffee and walnut.

Looking forward to the bars next week! Probably won't have them every day as I don't want to risk hampering weigh tloss. Although I am also planning on going back to the gym, so am thinking one a day could help with the little bit of extra carbs.

Have made progressed and suddenly don't feel obsessed with weighing. Not jumped on the scales today and am gonna try and stay off until my CDC weighs me next Wednesday. I don't wanna get into the habit of doing it, plus if it is crap on the scales, it won't show the possible inch loss and I will feel demoralised.

I just want 12lb every week! LOL, am dreading it when I get my first 2/3lb, purely because if I am not eating, I want results quick! But know a stone a month is pretty bloody amazing :)

Hope all you ladies are keeping strong - here's to more shakes and soups!!! (although the latter not for me, pukesville!!!!)

OK, so here I am another day in and I feel rough! Woke up with a sore throat, aching and a temperature of 39 :( My lovely husband has been running around all day despite having to work, so I have rested at home with no children. Noah has been with his mum, Kayla was there and then Alex took her to preschool this afternoon and now he is taking our cat to the vet! Bless him :)

I have dosed myself up and get my temp under 38 now, so feel a little better.

Stayed SS all day, so am pleased with that. Actually struggled to drink my shakes as I feel so rough, but manage to get them down me and have been on top of my water. I just hope it is a 24 hour thing and I feel better over the weekend.

Diet-wise, still finding it easy. I don't feel like I am losing much this week, but not got a clue as I am staying off the scales - plus I am not sure how mine will relate to my weigh in on Wednesday as not been on them.

Just hope I can get a good night's sleep tonight and work off this horrible bug - there's so much going around here at the moment and it seems that all my family keep sharing them! Poor Kay has another cold, which I can only assume is from preschool judging by all the snot boxes there this week!

So, onwards and upwards - looking forward to having more energy again. Just out of curiousity, should you sole source when ill???

Well, another day on! Feeling a bit better now thank goodness, but struggled a little with the diet.

Still 100% but just want to eat! So much yummy food in the house and so much yummy food that I can't eat (yet!).I am choosing to do it, so that's all good, but I miss food. I miss eating! Husband is having a yummy pizza for his dinner tonight, what I wouldn't give to have a slice!

Feel like I will have another good loss next week, just pondering how long I will do SS for and when I will work up the plans. Do you tend to lose all the weight and then work your way up, or lose some and then work your way up??? Questions, questions!

Sounds like this diet is really suiting you.
Hope you're feeling better now, there really does seem to be an awful lot of bugs going around at the moment.
In regards to your question about moving up the plans. The last time I did CD I ss until I hit my target weight and then should have started to move up the plans.
However my target weight made my bmi 25, I think you have to start moving up the plans at that point as you can't ss beyond this.
Some cdc's suggest you start to move up slightly earlier as the nearer you get to goal the slower your weight loss becomes and by reintroducing food it can kickstart things again.
Hope this helps you a little.
Good Luck for your wi on Wednesday if I don't get the chance to get back on before then. :D

Thank you for your lovely post on my diary, it was a much needed reminder that your size isn't the only thing about you.
How's everything going at your end? You've been very quiet on the forum recently.
Hope the diet's still suiting you. :D

Hey :) I've not been online a huge amount, what with one thing and another, I have been so busy! Been checking in occassionally, but not enough time to post!

I lost 4lb this week which takes my total to 23lb and I have lost 18 inches. I am now wearing size 14 tops and size 18 jeans! On November 24th I was wearing size 16-18 tops and 22-24 jeans!!!

I am planning on staying on plan over Christmas, but I am due on and am really struggling. I caved in and had one slice of brown bread and a piece of ham today - am GUTTED!!! But hoping it won't really affect the week's loss as I have another six days to rectify!

Liz, do I see that you are coming off plan now until the new year? Good luck with that and have a fab Christmas!!! I don't think I would have the willpower to get back into it again, which is why I am staying on it.

If I don't check in before, I hope you all have a fab Christmas - for those who are off plan for the day, have a roastie for me!!!!!

Another pregnancy later - here I am again!

OK, so I have found my old diary - wow, how positive was I!? LOL, didn't feel it!

Anyway, here I am now, another baby later... my tribe of two has turned into a tribe of three and I now have a gorgeous, squishy bundle! As it turned out, losing that weight on CD was enough to put fertility through the roof and we added to our family this summer. Little Baby Alfie weighed a whopping 9lb at 38 weeks and I was also carrying nearly 2 litres of water so i was huge!

So, of course, I gained weight and I shot up to 18 stone 5 (the day I gave birth).

I started the CD (sole source) on Sunday 9th October weighing 16 stone 2lb. I have my first official weigh in tomorrow but think I am seeing a loss of around 10-12lb :) Then it is the downward trend for me - and NO fourth baby!

The only thing that is making it particularly poignant this time is that my poor mum is battling terminal cancer. She was diagnosed when I was 28 weeks and, unfortunately, there has never been any treatment. She has it widespread throughout her lungs and secondary elsewhere, including several patches in her brain. It is without doubt the hardest thing we have had to deal with as a family, so it is super important that I am feeling at my best. I need to get through this for myself, my dad and my own family unit and I need to have confidence and belief in myself. One huge factor in me having that is losing weight, which is why I am so determined to stick to it despite the really **** circumstances.

I shall update my profile with latest stats etc when I get the chance, but shall be keeping on top of this diary once again as it was a HUGE motivator before!

Thanks for all of those who supported me before, I hope to make some new friends along the way second time around!

Back