July money challenge

Ow wow that is much higher than ours will be, i think it's 1ft above their (or technically our) fence at the highest point and in line with the fence at the lowest (it has a pitched roof)

Today is a good day!!

I have decided that I'm not going to let the joke of a landscaper turn me into a miserable cow lol

There's alot i can do, and hubby is going to do the decking himself, and i got 47 pristine slabs for £25 and the mother in law gave us one of those 2 wooden chairs with the table in the middle as she had two and never used either :)

And the vet said that the treatment is a tablet every 3 weeks, along with a blood test to check every time. The tablets are £250 for the box but it's a year's supply, so just £60 a month for a blood test in theory, and he said that they could give him up to 18 more months

So, today is a good day :) I hope everyone is enjoying the summer weather :) xx

I'd agree today has been a good day, glad the treatment for your dog isn't as bad as it could have been. Just think how satisfied you'll feel when you're sitting in the garden you've both completed x

I hope so, I do find just the 'thought' of this thread is keeping me in check. I've wanted to buy so many things this month & normally would but I've decided not too because of this thread. I won't know until payday on Weds how o/d I've gone but it wont be too much I don't think.

I really want my bonus from work it'll pay for some of our holiday in Dec & put money in the spanish account;)

Feel free to start one ladies :D x

That's it, I've had enough of being s h I t with cards so they have gone! Ok so I could cut them up but I'm not going too just yet, I opened them to do online shopping and get free delivery so I'm keeping them in case I get organised to do any actual on line shopping!

I'm still on track to being debt free by dec but my savings have taken a hit due to my carefree ways and hubby and I have decided that jan will be when we start ttc baby no. 2 so this is it, no more messing around, get debt free and start saving in jan!

Bit pissed off with my utility bills though, bt has gone up as I forgot I paid for line rental a year in advance which now ended, also, my water direct debit has gone up to £49 per month! Seems a little high for 2 adults and 1 2 yr old, I really should be better with water it seems!

Need to sell some items to make at least £40 to cover the extra dd's!

Right....July was awful for me despite a good start. (August thread post below)

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-off-topic/323489-august-money-challenge.html

Thankfully my overtime has come through so I will have £550 extra in my wages on Wednesday. I am going to pay off the outstanding service charges I didn't end up paying out of bf's wages (after he lost £300!!!!!!) and then the rest I am not sure what is best tbh. My options are;

1. I leave it in the bank to absorb some overdraft that I am massively in (more than ever before!)
2. I pay it off the credit card
3. I put it away as savings - this would be a bit silly I think though as I have debts that are better paid than savings!

Bf also gets paid on Friday and he will be giving me about £300-£350 out of his wages as a minimum so will also have that money spare/extra as well.

What would you guys do?!

Last edited:
Right....July was awful for me despite a good start. I have made a new thread for August (below) and am going to give it a really good try!

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world/323654-august-money-challenge.html

Thankfully my overtime has come through so I will have £550 extra in my wages on Wednesday. I am going to pay off the outstanding service charges I didn't end up paying out of bf's wages (after he lost £300!!!!!!) and then the rest I am not sure what is best tbh. My options are;

1. I leave it in the bank to absorb some overdraft that I am massively in (more than ever before!)
2. I pay it off the credit card
3. I put it away as savings - this would be a bit silly I think though as I have debts that are better paid than savings!

Bf also gets paid on Friday and he will be giving me about £300-£350 out of his wages as a minimum so will also have that money spare/extra as well.

What would you guys do?!
Use it for whichever costs you most in interest between the overdraft and credit card and don't put it as savings if you still have something like that to pay off.

There was already an August thread started btw x

Hey Sparty, I concur that July has been S***!!
I would pay it off the credit card unless u have a 0% one, they are what screws you in interest. And then use the money from your BF to clear some of your overdraft maybe?

All our money has gone on the vets, of which he is going every other day at this point, am unsure what is going to happen as at the moment without the cancer meds he is solo uncomfortable and they won't be a cure, will just help relieve the symptoms a little.

Which August thread are we using then? I didn't know there was one let alone two lol

Let's go for the off topic one - sorry folks I didn't realise there was one already set up!

Ill post the link after this for ease.

My cc is interest free for about another year but I want to pay it down as much as possible. I think I'll do one lot in overdraft and one lot on credit card :)

I'm also going back to the £50 per week idea that I started doing which will also help the overdraft.

I'm not sure I would just paying the minimum. I'm happy to say I haven't used it in a month or so but it's pretty high tbh.

My train ticket for a year to and from work costs £3,000 and I had to put that on there as I wasn't around to apply for a season ticket loan at work last year so that's a massive amount that I haven't been able to touch really. I pay off most of the other bits I put on it with monthly payments but just need to pay a chunk of the £3k off to start making some headway.

I always swap to a 0% interest card once the interest free runs out so I have great credit history and never pay interest. But my mission by the end of the year is to have cut it down massively.

Yipeeeeeeeeeee, I've just checked my balance & I've stayed in credit only by £68 but I'm chuffed with that, it's all down to being on here & really thinking about my spending.

Just need to keep it up for August now & then with a bit of luck keep it up. I've not done any Christmas shopping for a while which I generally do, but I just buy bits & bobs as I go along so I'd like to get that going again.

Back