JULY NEW STARTERS - Welcome to LL

Hi Bad mama,
Try not to look at the journey in the long term! I started 8 months ago with 14 stone to lose!! I now have 2 stone 11lb to go! In 8 months!!!!!! You can do this...do it for you ;)

Hello!

I started lighter life three weeks ago. Finding it hard this past week - but today marks the start of week four - and I am determined it will be a better week!

My hubby ended up in A&E last night (a minor burn) and I lapsed. Went to see my LLC this afternoon and she was really supportive. Told me the group had missed me last night - which was nice.

I think I keep getting caught up in the enormity of it all - that I will be on LL for nearly a year (I have 9 stone to lose). And it can be overwhelming sometimes.

Hi Bad Mama

Don't spend to much time focusing on how long this is going to take you - focus on how LITTLE TIME this is going to take you!

Rather keep in mind how long it would take you to lose 9 stone on a conventional diet - it would take well over a year....much longer then 9 months!

Like BEx said, this goes so fast. I started in January 8th with 10 stone to lose. It's been only, and I do mean only 7 months, and a couple more stone, and I am done. Fini. Over.

Also, try and keep in perspective just how long it took you gain 9 stone. ANd then think about 9 months to lose it.... the time to lose it is merely a blink of an eye in relation to how long ot took to get there. That really helped me thinking of that.

You will be amazed at how fast the time flies. I promise you that. We werew all like you,k starting out with what seemed miles to go, and before you know it....bam! You are nearly done!!

And don;t forget - the more one lapses - the longer the diet takes, so do try and stick to the straight and narrow - it just makes life that much easier, and faster!

Good luck!!

hi Bad mama i agree with the girls i started lighterlife 6 weeks ago and for the first few weeks it felt like a constant struggle but now i have 100% abstained for 4 weeks and feel a lot better for it! i cant believe the weight has come off so quickly, i find it easiest if you take it one day at a time and write a journal to keep track of everything

weight loss
week 1 10 1/2 lb :)
week 2 5 lb :eek:
week 3 2 1/2lb :sigh:
week 4 4 1/2lb :cool:
week 5 4 1/2 lb :cool:
week 6 6 1/2 lb :p
Total 33 1/2 lb = 2st 5.5lb :eek:

Hey Badmama,

Congrats on deciding to take a postive and proven approach to weight loss. It does seem to get easier (doesn't mean you won't have moments -- but NOTHING lasts forever). :innocent0001:

I keep thinking, as Blond Logic :superwoman: recommends, about how long the weight loss would take with most other diet methods (and in my case... it probably wouldn't "take"). :sigh:

I have gained and lost the same few pounds over the past 14 years while slowly growing and growing. :devilangel:

Now, I am going to get the weight off as fast as I can in a healthy fashion... and learn how to keep it off. :character00115:

So, far -- and I am starting Week 5 Tuesday night -- I have lost almost 8 kilos (over a stone)! :bliss:

I am no longer obese!!! I am merely VERY overweight. LOL (And, it is good to be able to FINALLY laugh about my weight.)

And a year seems daunting... but if I had used Lighter Life when I first gained this weight... I would have been overweight for a year or so... not 14! Each day you will be that much closer to your goal. :happy036:

-MinnieMel

i cannot belive it! just completed wk 6 at lost two stone. two stone in in six weeks i am in shock!!!

Hi, I started mid July and I am taking it a day at a time. I am missing the social side of eating. I nearly slipped today on a day out, but stuck with it. I did refuse to hold the kids chips though, I explained that it was just too cruel. My main goal is to make the 100 days without cheating, although as I say, I am taking it a day at a time. This board is quite an inspiration, thanks for all your stories.

Hi all. I started end of July, today is the first day of week three. Horrendous first two days, felt like I had a hangover. Better now except for regular headaches!:sigh:
I'm glad I found you guys - will be great to motivate each other and celebrate brilliant losses with you all as we make our way down our tickers!

Hi Karen and Sparrow! Just wanted to wish you both good luck with your diets!! You are both off to a good start!!!

Keep strong and focused, and above all - POSITIVE. ;) Makes ALL the difference in the world. Truly. :) Remember - this is a very short time and small sacrifice in the big picture!

You CAN do this! :)

ENjoy it - its quite a ride!!

x

hi i have just sent of my chq to start LL hopefully i will get on the next program that starts on the 31 august !

Louise xx :party0011:

Hi Louise

tell you this will be the best move you will have done.

i have just started week 8 and already lost 31.5llb.

the first couple of weeks are quite hard, i was very tired.

when you start do go to your cllr session they do help.

good luck on what will be an amazing journey for you! xx

hi fellow-july starters. im at the beginning of week 6 and have lost 23 pounds so far - fab diet, fab weight losses. im so glad i found the diet and this forum - the support is great and the inspiration i have found on here is fantastic. i hope everyone else is getting on well. x x x

I'm new, just on day 3 and while the actual diet is fine i feel a bit ill (massive headache!!)
I work shift and can't get to my first class, which is tonight i'm a bit gutted about it really! My LLC let me gat started early because of the shift work but would have loved a motivational weigh in tonight!
You have all done so well! hope i can do as well, i am being measured for my wedding dress in December so i want to have done the majority of the wieght by then.

Hi KellyG i went for my 1st class thismorning and got my food packs (yummy) i start them tomorrow, i whish you the best of look and congrats on your wedding im sure u will look a million dollers :)

Hi all, how's it going? Now halfway through week 5 and still on target to get to 2 stones after 6 weeks of abstinence.:)
Finding all the social stuff a struggle - in the last couple of weeks have had a leaving do, a wedding, a barbecue and a sunday lunch out - not eaten yet tho'. Only slip was a cup of tea with skimmed milk - I craved it and enjoyed every last drop!
Lost 20lbs so far in 8 weeks, and now feeling much better. Skin and hair not reflecting that yet!
5 weeks now to my hols - going on a cruise. In two minds whether to eat and enjoy or stay abstinent - will see how I feel nearer the time - it's no good if I don't enjoy myself because I resent not being able to eat. Any tips on minimising the damage?

July Starter Update

Hello,

I started July 15, and it is now over two months later. I have lost over 2 stones, and one lady in my group has lost over 3! :party0019:

I am feeling fine. I even had a two week holiday (weeks 4 and 5) and did well. I planned for it and booked self-catering, and so eating out was not as much a concern. I think it was more affordable, too -- as we made lunches for the rest of family on our days out, and saved a lot of money that way. :happy036:

I am now within 10 pounds of a BMI below 25, and 20 pounds (1 stone 6 pounds) of my goal weight (BMI around 22 -23). I am looking forward to getting to a healthy BMI (for the first time in over 13 years), and then getting into my goal weight range... and learning how to maintain it. :psiholog:

My weight loss (of about 3 weeks per week average) is likely to slow, as I weigh less (and need fewer calories for my body to function, and my body is also likely to go into a "save" mode because of the low cal diet). To combat this effect, I have added exercise to my week :character00115:-- in the form of working out on Tuesday mornings (with a friend who wants to look good in a bridesmaid dress in January), going Saturday mornings to an exercise class (with three friends who want to improve their fitness), and then doing a family fitness activity on one of the weekend days (with my husband and chidren). (We're doing a Volksmarch of 10 K. today.) :chores016: I also have a dog who loves to go on walkies! So, I have a set 3x a week fitness commitment. Something I haven't had in years -- but it was something I did when I was at my "ideal weight".

I plan to move into Management (for the 12 weeks) after Foundation ends on October 21st, as I know that the relearning how to eat properly after abstention is the key to success in long-term weight management. :clap:

I feel that the six months I will have invested in this program -- will seem very insignificant when I realize that not only have I probably added years to life span, but I have certainly improved the quality of those years. :thankyou:

Just got back from Week 9 weigh in, lost 2st 4lb in total. Struggling a little now, not always totally abstinent but trying my hardest. Two weeks till my hols, hope to get another half stone off before then. How's everyone doing?

WELL DONE

Hello,

I started July 15, and it is now over two months later. I have lost over 2 stones, and one lady in my group has lost over 3! :party0019:

I am feeling fine. I even had a two week holiday (weeks 4 and 5) and did well. I planned for it and booked self-catering, and so eating out was not as much a concern. I think it was more affordable, too -- as we made lunches for the rest of family on our days out, and saved a lot of money that way. :happy036:

I am now within 10 pounds of a BMI below 25, and 20 pounds (1 stone 6 pounds) of my goal weight (BMI around 22 -23). I am looking forward to getting to a healthy BMI (for the first time in over 13 years), and then getting into my goal weight range... and learning how to maintain it. :psiholog:

My weight loss (of about 3 weeks per week average) is likely to slow, as I weigh less (and need fewer calories for my body to function, and my body is also likely to go into a "save" mode because of the low cal diet). To combat this effect, I have added exercise to my week :character00115:-- in the form of working out on Tuesday mornings (with a friend who wants to look good in a bridesmaid dress in January), going Saturday mornings to an exercise class (with three friends who want to improve their fitness), and then doing a family fitness activity on one of the weekend days (with my husband and chidren). (We're doing a Volksmarch of 10 K. today.) :chores016: I also have a dog who loves to go on walkies! So, I have a set 3x a week fitness commitment. Something I haven't had in years -- but it was something I did when I was at my "ideal weight".

I plan to move into Management (for the 12 weeks) after Foundation ends on October 21st, as I know that the relearning how to eat properly after abstention is the key to success in long-term weight management. :clap:

I feel that the six months I will have invested in this program -- will seem very insignificant when I realize that not only have I probably added years to life span, but I have certainly improved the quality of those years. :thankyou:

Good on your girl.

I agree with you. i have just started wk14 will keep in development until i lose just over my last two stones.

can you belive how fast its flown by though?

hi every one ive not posted on here since joining L.L im in week 10 now and ive lost 2stone 9 pounds.
i must say im sick to death of the packs now, but i will keep plodding on

Back