JULY NEW STARTERS - Welcome to LL

hardly lost second week

hi everyone. just completed my second week.lost 8lbs first week but only 1 1/2lbs this week. i have not cheated once so i was very disappointed. anyone else experienced that. im now afraid i wont lose.. ps wasnt TOM so not sure why

3rd week

Hi Guys!! im just new to this forum but im in my third week of lighterlife ive lapsed a few times already :( im pretty annoyed with myself but im just trying to keep as focused as possible and look ahead instead of back to the lapses. if anyone has any advice or words of suppost it would be so appreciated and if i can help anyone else just let me know.x

week 1 - 10.5lbs :eek:
week 2 - 5lb :rolleyes:

week 3 - (dreading was away for the weekend and completely went off LL).:break_diet:

Hi Steph and welcome to LL and Minimins!! Two great choices! :D

Sorry you are struggling already. :( It is tough, but it's important you find a way now, in the early days, to get through the days without lapsing. Do you kinow why you are lapsing? Is it emotions triggering it? Fear? Boredom? If you can try and pinpoint whats causing it to happen, perhaps you can then have a plan for the next time you feel tempted.

The main thing to remember - is you have chosen to do this diet. When we realise we made that choice, consciously, for us and no one else, it helps make it seem more enjoyable.

I would suggest taking it one day at a time until you find your groove - which you will. :)

When you make a promise to friend, or family - or your job, etc., I bet you keep that promis, ay? Well - try this - make a promise to yourself, each morning when you wake up, that you will stick to the diet that day, because you DESERVE to reach your goal and be happy and healthy. ANd then do it. By the end of the day you will feel proud that you treated yourself as well as you treat all the others in your life. SOmething a lot of us have not done for a long time.

Then, find somethings to distract you when you feel tempted. And CHANGE THE CHANNEL. You are by now in ketosis so you know the hunger you might be feeling at times when you lapse is not real hunger. So turn it off. Find something enjoyable to do. A bubble bath, manicure, walk, good film, anything you enjoy that will take your mid off thinking you are hungry.

Its as much changing our mind as it is our eating habits.

Hang in there - just keep keeping on, make and keep those promises to yourself (you're worth it!) get focused and don't let anything break that focus. This is for you.

Good luck!!! You CAN do this!!!

XX

hi everyone. just completed my second week.lost 8lbs first week but only 1 1/2lbs this week. i have not cheated once so i was very disappointed. anyone else experienced that. im now afraid i wont lose.. ps wasnt TOM so not sure why

NEarly 10 pounds in two weeks, and you are afraid you won't lose? On 500 calories a day? ;)

You are doing GREAT!!!

As long as you are following the diet completely, there is NO WAY You willnot lose. ANd there is nothing to get dissappointed about too as your body is going to deal with this diet however it will.

Have faith.....if you are doing the plan, the weight will come off in shed loads. You will have high weeks, and low wweeks, but it all adds up, is all quicker then any other diet I've done.

Don't worry - nearly 10 pounds in 2 weeks is an amazing loss. That will be as tone by the end of the month. Who could ask for better then that!!!

Cheer up! You are doing great!!!

XX

Struggling Woman

I have been doing LL since April and have been in development for a few weeks but am now struggling as i have started to pick on the bad foods (carbs) i have lost 46lb so far and want to lose another 17lb to get my to my goal. Would going into RTM be better then staying in development as i can learn about introducing the good foods back into my diet but i'm not sure how to kick the bad habit i have got into. I seem to be spending money for nothing at the moment i'm very upset with myself as i can't seem to get motivated anymore i also think i have come out of ketosis and don't know how to get back on track. I definitely don't want to go back to my old ways but don't know what to do anymore i've tried talking to my LLC but don't seem to get anywhere. :cry::tear_drop::banghead:

thank you for your words of encouragment. i guess i have to look at the bigger picture. i have stuck to it 100% and im trying to stay focused. your achievement is such an inspiration. thanks x

Your welcome Susu :)

As long as you are 100%, then take no heart what the scales say, as your body will catch up, one way or another. I have been wholly abstinant the whole time as well, and the last few weeks I have had only OUNCES lost!! :D talk about maddening! But I don't sweat itbeause I know its ot because anything I did - but rather my body doing as it will, which is totally out of my control.#

SOon those pounds will be adding up like crazy for you!!

x

Thanks

thanks for the advice blonde logic just came back from a stop in and i lost 2 lb which is unexpected considering i went off ll last weekend but i did work so so hard during this week for fear i would of gained. have realised from what my llc said and from what you said that i have made the choice to do this and im gonna stick at it 'one day at a time and no days off' so on the advice of my llc i have started a journal and i am going to give myself a daily goal (apart from abstaining) to keep me focused. Actually feelin really excited about it all now!! :D

weight.png

week 1 - 10.5lb
week 2 - 5lb
week 3 - 2lb

steph
xx

Last edited:
TICKER FACTORY

p.s. minimodmk1 - i have tried to put my tickerfactory details on my profile but it still hasn't come up - where am I going wrong? Can you help?

gg

Hi GG

When you create your ticker you need to save under the pin to edit tracker( See below)

If you dont do this when you first save your ticker then it wont let you up date.

hope this helps.

This weight loss ruler can track your weight loss towards your goal. Display your progress in pounds or kilograms.

PIN: Enter your PIN to edit your ticker

Create Your Own Ticker Create a New Ticker
weight.png

feeling a lot better

minimodmK1 - well done - 11 pounds down - I've been very lethargic too - only just started week 2, but slept for Scotland last week! Having done this once before, i know the energy level changes and I can start feeling it coming back slowly - it's just a case of pacing yourself I think. Kickboxing and spinning sound great - I'm just taking it easy with walking and cycling - I'll only go back swimming when I feel i look half decent in a swimsuit - can't even get into my old one! I just keep staring at my gorgeous tight grey trousers that i love and am determined to fit by October at the latest - so that's keeping me motivated - I am starting to feel better already though.

Keep posting

GG x

Hi GG

Hope your feeling a bit better. well i did kick boxing and spinning last week and it nearly killed me! but its given me a big spurt of energy. infact i havent been able to stop!, my flats sparkling.

well its week 4 for me, lost another 3.5lb this week :D

hope everybody is ok

Help needed with adding extra information on page

Could somebody please advise how you add extra information onto message page

each time i add extra information i keep getting the message below.

i want a nice sparkly page like i lot of you have but really struggling..doh!

------------------------------------------------------:sigh:

The following errors occurred with your submission:
  1. Your signature cannot be longer than 350 characters including BB code markup.

Hello Shellbell,

One of the ladies in our group is lcatose intolerant and she had a real problem with the soups. She said the shakes aren't quite as bad. could this be your problem?

MinnieMel

Started LL July 15

Hello LL Ladies,

Just read through the past six weeks of posts on this thread -- I think all of you ladies are fab. :party0011: I have been able to get through the first 10 days :clap:and be abstinent from food. Amazing. I have lost over 10 pounds, so far.
I replied to Shellbell (with a typo) -- the soups have more milk product in them than the shakes. If the soups make her more ill, then she might be lactose intolerant. She can probably get a recommendation from her GP on a product to help with digesting the lactose. In the U.S. you can buy Lactaid. You can become lactose intolerant at any age. I am glad that she hasn't let the challenge put her off pursuing her goal.:happy036:

MinnieMel

WEEK 5

Hello all, hope everybody is fine and well.

well today is the start of week five, i cannot get over how the last months flown and its not really been that hard.

i have started cooking again (my boyfiend was living like a student) i find that dealing with food really helps me.

had really good results last week on the inches front. lost 5 from my waist, 4 from my hips & 4 from my chest and manged to get into some jeans that i bought a few months ago that didnt fit.

i love LL :D

Back