July Starters!~! Time to rock and roll!!

Have you tried having the broth? Like a little pretend chicken soup to feed the cold?

yes, its a good soother. I'm alright. Was just feeling sorry for myself :D

I was very lucky the first time around. In all 10 months I abstained I never so much as had a sniffle, and always felt sorry for people who got sick while abstaining and wondered how they managed....it is bloody hard. The instinct is to feed the soul, and heal yourself with comfort, etc. Not with a glass of water!! hahah. :D

THanks Bird. I am on antibiotics now so it should start to move on. I'll be glad of it too!!!

xx

Hi BL - hope your medicie is working.

I have a bad case of the cold :( I went to the chemist and picked up throaties and pain killers yesterday. It wasn't until I was halfway through the throaties that I realised they were probably completely not allowed :( I will find out if I am still in Ketosis till Saturday. Does anyone know of any throat soothers that we are allowed?

X

Hi Lou,

Best to get cough sweeties that are for diabetics.

I had to resort to having them - i was really having difficulty at work and what with talking on the phone being a big part of my job, I had to. I don;t think they took me out of ketosis. Psychologically I have been feeling hungry a lot more then usual, but I think that is down to the old "Feed a cold" behaviour, etc.

I hope you feel better soon - its rough abetaining while sick. :(

I think meds will start to work soon....I did find my chest was not so tight and painful in bed last night.

Good luck hon. xx

Hopefully you'll be feeling better for the weekend BL xx

Thanks Deb. :) I think the meds are starting to work - not as much pressure on my chest and can breath more easily without always triggering a fit of coughs. Phew. Better living through chemicals I always say!! :D

Sounds like you have a fun weekend ahead! Enjoy yourself!! xx

So sorry to hear you have been ill BL and I hope the medicine is working!

Haven't been on in a week as I have travelled down to the south west for my dads sixtieth. Amazing how the years fly by when you are not paying attention!

Hope everyone is well

MissL and BL, hope you are feeling better soon. I'm so glad its the weekend. We are understaffed at work and it has been really stressful. I have had a headache all week, but I'm sure its work and not LL. LL is going well, no troublesome temptations.

I managed to get my first cold for over a year but thankfully I got through it without my usual remedies - still got my smokers cough!!! Lose weight first then the smoking is going, can only do 1 at a time lol.
Halfway through my 4th week - can't believe its been nearly a month, I am grateful that I like all foodpacks apart from the bars. Am enjoying hearing my partner noticing bits getting smaller hee hee!!

Just back from weighin and lost another 3.5 pounds!!! YEsss!! Happy as a clam with that! :D

That puts me two pounds past two stone....and that is always a milestone for me. Before LL, for 25 years of trying I could never get beyond 2 stone - so just like the first time around on LL, I have beenholding my breath...and I made it! :D

Now I have slightly over 2 and 3/4 stone to lose and that sounds so much better then 3!!

Happy with the results....and I get to put another little :checkmark: in my signature! :D

Hope everyone is has great weigh ins this week!!

xx

Well done BL! I can just imagine a big big smile when you put that tick mark on your signature. I'm loving putting the tick marks on mine and adding to my goals...
I tried on dress trousers I bought in April that were too tight in a size 20 and now they fit perfectly. So I will be wearing them to work cause soon they will be too big! That will be sooo good.

Well done BL!! What are you treating yourself to? :)

Hi Deb, WI tonight...how are you getting on? I'm ok with staying 100% so far, but I haven't been in many tricky situations yet. I am preparing myself for a smaller loss tonight because it is TOTM. Funny how we all have a magic number that we would like to be over each week. I think my 2 spare tyres on my tum are starting to deflate (like a slow puncture lol) so that is great!
I know I must start walking but I would like to get to the 15st mark to start, my knees are so bad.

Hi Deb, 2.8lbs off tonight. I wish it had been a little bit more as I now weigh 15st 0.6lb. Really wanted to get below 15st. Oh well, never mind thats for next week ;)

I finding this all very well. No problems and I thought that I would struggle by now. I'm sure I will, but at the moment, the compliments are keeping me going. Oh and I started my new part time job in Asda today. (Still keeping on my pt job with CAB, but juggling). And you'll never guess...my fleece is a medium. Now, I am no more a medium than fly in the air, but its nice to look at the label ;)

Woo hoo. You ARE a medium and one wee and you'll be below the 15stone !!!!!!:p

Aw thanks SB. The blouse is an 18, but they are v small made. One of the girls was quite upset as she had to take blouses 2 sizes higher than she would normally take. I think she ended up with 24s and was not happy. I dont blame her!

PS So looking forward to next week and not seeing 15 stone ever again!!

Hi everyone :)

Debbi, its great when you go down to another stone number!!! Good luck - Im sure you'll get it!!!

I had my weigh in tonight, and chuffed to bits with 3 pounds gone, and so very close to my half way mark!!!

Been tough yesterday and today, so it is a good boost!

Wishing everyone a good week!!

xxx

Hoping some more experienced LLT peeps can answer this, I had a planned lapse last night and just wondering if it will take me the full 3 - 4 days to get back into ketosis? I only had 2 planned lapses - the next one is xmas dinner!!! I did not pig out as I would have done before LLT but I did have carbs. Straight back onto packs and plenty of fluid so hoping its not done too much harm.

The quicker u get back on it, the quicker you'll get back into ketosis. Depending how many carbs and how long. Ur body cab go in and out of ketosis throughout the day when your 100% so if your straight back on it today you'll prob be in ketosis again tomorrow. I had an unplanned lapse on sun nyt ( a bad bad lapse) got right back on it yesterday and was back in K today. Xx

awww ty for your quick reply Carrie, thats much appreciated. Well done on your weight loss so far .........I am going to catch you up lol xx

Back