July starters

Gemma79

I will do this!
Hi all - thought I'd make a new thread for all July starters to check in and support each other. I was part of a thread like this on the LL board when I started in 2009 and found it really helpful having a place where those of us on similar journeys could go and talk. So hoping to have the same support and motivation here.

So I'll start, I'm Gemma. Started on 14/07/11 and so far so good. I lost 6 stone on LL in 2009/10 and maintained for a few months before getting pregnant. Gave birth to a wonderful boy in April, but unfortunately was left with 5 stone gain. I've lost 10lbs and now want to speed up this process. I'll be going to the gym again from next week when my energy levels return, looking forward to fitting in my clothes again, having never been slim before I loved the feeling last year and want it back! Also want my confidence back, I hate being the fat girl and want to be healthy for my sons. That's my motivation!

I hope everyone is well and we can get a good group of support here for each other, so come on July starters/restarters, let's hear your stories x x x

Hi Gemma, well done on the 10lb so far.

I've just started today after piling on around 5 stone in almost 3 years (which i think is down to a contraception choice, although my doctor swears blind it's not!) but i'm completely the same, just want to fit back into my old clothes and get the confidence back. But i'm ready for the challenge :)

Lelle x

hi my names kaylee i started 14/07/11 ive always been the fat girl i went dwn to 11 stone a few years ago but after my daughter was born slowly creeped up to 15.10 biggest ive ever been , i had my baby boy in april and have lost 38lb already threw my pregnancy n 10lb since having my son , i want to actualy be the skinny frind not the fat girl with a great personality i hate that ppl judge my on my cover when im a great person i hope to get dwn to 9 stone in the next 4 month 2 days into my journey so far and been 100% feeling great x

Hiya! I'm a July starter as of today :)

Good luck everybody ^_^

Me too!

Hi all :)

I've gained over 3 stone in the past year and over 6 stone in the past few years. I've been as small as a size 8 and I'm currently a size 18 - which is pretty scary for me considering I'd never been above a size 14 up until recently! I'm a christmas fantatic, so the thought of being able to get into all those party frocks is motivating me!

Hope we all do great =D

i started exante on the 4th july but had previously been on cambridge

I started friday the 7th July! Lost 9lb in my first week and I have around 100lbs to lose but i worked out today that if i can lose around about 4lb per week i should be at goal around christmas time. And seeing as xmas always flies round it shouldnt feel like im dieting forever! Good theory no?

Good luck to all July starters :) Im sure we'll all do fabulously xxx

Yay so pleased to see so many July starters, taking this step to change our lives feels amazing, I'm so excited! Day 3 today N
and so far so good. Hope you all have a fab weekend, I'm off to stay with the in-laws for the night, looking forward to it but know they will not like that I'm not eating, but this is my choice and I won't let other people make judgements about me. Happy Saturday all! X x

Started on Wednesday, so on my 4th day. All is going brilliantly. I chose to not focus too much 'Ketosis watching' and just stick to the allowed items recommended from people who have posted here. Bioullon is lush, and being able to drink ASDA Zero Cola is a life saver.

I'm not missing food, in fact it's liberating not having all that choice. :)

Hello all,

I'm a July starter too! I was 18st 2lbs at my heaviest a few years ago but managed to get about 4.5 stone off through WW/low calorie plans and exercise, etc but it was slow and over the last year I've been losing and regaining the same half stone over and over and over... So, I decided I'd had enough of messing about (and was of course terrified that I'd end up piling all the old weight back on again) and that it was time to give a VLCD a go (this is my first one). I started exante on 05/07/07 at 13st 13lbs and lost 7.5lbs in my first week :) Weigh in's are Tuesday so I'm looking forward to a good week 2 loss in a few days. We can do it July girls!!!!!

Started on Wednesday, so on my 4th day. All is going brilliantly. I chose to not focus too much 'Ketosis watching' and just stick to the allowed items recommended from people who have posted here. Bioullon is lush, and being able to drink ASDA Zero Cola is a life saver.

I'm not missing food, in fact it's liberating not having all that choice. :)

Isnt it?! :D

I'm on Day 2 here, and by some freakin' miracle i'm in ketosis already?! Crazy mad times.

I feel so happy I might go and dance down the street in a minute ^____^

<3 Exante

I was getting so miserable on ww, I was doing the plan perfectly and not losing, so this is just... wonderful. No stupid food decisions for now is making me very happy, and i'm not missing food at all!! YAY!

Hi all - thought I'd make a new thread for all July starters to check in and support each other. I was part of a thread like this on the LL board when I started in 2009 and found it really helpful having a place where those of us on similar journeys could go and talk. So hoping to have the same support and motivation here.

So I'll start, I'm Gemma. Started on 14/07/11 and so far so good. I lost 6 stone on LL in 2009/10 and maintained for a few months before getting pregnant. Gave birth to a wonderful boy in April, but unfortunately was left with 5 stone gain. I've lost 10lbs and now want to speed up this process. I'll be going to the gym again from next week when my energy levels return, looking forward to fitting in my clothes again, having never been slim before I loved the feeling last year and want it back! Also want my confidence back, I hate being the fat girl and want to be healthy for my sons. That's my motivation!

I hope everyone is well and we can get a good group of support here for each other, so come on July starters/restarters, let's hear your stories x x x

Hey Gemma, thought I'd pop over and see how you're doing...which plan are following hun?

I won't be following cd now, but following Exante, hopefully going to be starting next thursday ish... not sure what I'll be having etc yet, got to sort all that out...it's been soooo long since I did tfr, don't know what I'm doing at the mo... anyway, i'm keeping my diary over at Xenical, but I'll be starting a Exante one too, so I'll look out for you! :)

Hi bunny hop I love your christmas ticker challenge as I am getting married 6 days after christmas day. I usually have no idea how long it is til i get married, just know it isnt long.

Hi july starters, my name is janette and I started exante on 6/7/11, lost 6lb in first week. I have really been struggling the past 2 days so have been eating some chicken and tuna. Need to get past this and stick with TS. I have 57lbs to lose before I can fit into my dress. Good luck everyone xx

Hi bunny hop I love your christmas ticker challenge as I am getting married 6 days after christmas day. I usually have no idea how long it is til i get married, just know it isnt long.

Hi july starters, my name is janette and I started exante on 6/7/11, lost 6lb in first week. I have really been struggling the past 2 days so have been eating some chicken and tuna. Need to get past this and stick with TS. I have 57lbs to lose before I can fit into my dress. Good luck everyone xx

Aww hun, that's lovely! You should add a ticker to your siggy hun :)

Another July starter here. :) (started on the 5th)

I have about 50lb to lose. I lost 8lb in my first week which was and still is really motivating. I'm keeping focused on going back to college in September and feeling great being slimmer. Though I really, really am doing this for myself, for me.

Good luck July girls and guys!

July starter here, first week was fab, second week - soo ill with flu had to abandon ship in favour of meds and vit c, I haven't had a cold for years and I fell hard, so hard I even lost my voice (thank God for text messages). Anyway I am better now and started TS week 2 officially today.

I wish myself and everyone all the success they hope for.

My mini goal is another 10 lbs by the end of July in time for my birthday.

Hey everyone I restarted on Wednesday so day 4 for me, going great havent been hungry at all, just bloody :gen125: since day 1, it will pass usually does! Be great getting to know you all and cant wait to hear about everyones results next week x

Hi Gemma,

i am starting Cambridge on 25/07 so hope you dont mind me popping in on your posts now and then. Good Luck

Dawn
x

Isnt it?! :D

I'm on Day 2 here, and by some freakin' miracle i'm in ketosis already?! Crazy mad times.

I feel so happy I might go and dance down the street in a minute ^____^

<3 Exante

I was getting so miserable on ww, I was doing the plan perfectly and not losing, so this is just... wonderful. No stupid food decisions for now is making me very happy, and i'm not missing food at all!! YAY!

Are you using the sticks to asses your Ketosis? Today, I really tasted the 'metallic' taste they suggest may happen on Exante's literaure so I guess I'm on it. I just know that consuming 610 calories a day will make your lose weight regardless.

WW isn't a good system for everyone. I just needed a break from food, some time (6 months to a year) so reassess my relationship with food and to not have the choice of everything and lots of it PLEASE! LOL.

Hi Gemma,

i am starting Cambridge on 25/07 so hope you dont mind me popping in on your posts now and then. Good Luck

Dawn
x

Of course dawn, everyone is welcome! Really happy to see so many here who started this month, will be great getting to know you all. And hi ya violet! I'm doing total source, just shakes and bars as I didn't like soups on LL however, I have to say the exante products are so much nicer so may try soups too.

Anonymous, the metal taste in the mouth is a good sign, I had it all through LL and so did chew gum, although it recommends you don't, it didn't seem to have a negative impact on me.

I've got some dr pepper zero to look forward to later, been saving it until I get into ketosis. Well I have the evening with my mother in law so she is on the wine, I will have my dr pepper. Everyone here has been lovely and supportive so happy days, they just keep apologizing for eating, I told them it's ok, they haven't abused their bodies with food like I have so don't feel guiltily. Going well, day 3 almost over!!!!

Back