July starters

Are you using the sticks to asses your Ketosis? Today, I really tasted the 'metallic' taste they suggest may happen on Exante's literaure so I guess I'm on it. I just know that consuming 610 calories a day will make your lose weight regardless.

WW isn't a good system for everyone. I just needed a break from food, some time (6 months to a year) so reassess my relationship with food and to not have the choice of everything and lots of it PLEASE! LOL.

nah ketostix aren't reliable. Just know by the symptoms from being on it before. I get a migraine on the cusp of keto (which I had day 1), and i've got all the classic symptoms, coldness, no hunger, smelleh breath xx

Saying that my meds cause hypoglycemia so that could have hurried keto on for me.

Im a restarter. Lost 9.5lb in 2 weeks last month then went on holiday and gained 11.5!!! But already 5.5 down and only on day 4 so its all good.

Stephie77 xxx

Welcome Stephanie and well done on your loss to date, bloody amazing!

Thanks Gemma, its a long journey but im getting there!

Exante is the FINAL part!

x

nah ketostix aren't reliable. Just know by the symptoms from being on it before. I get a migraine on the cusp of keto (which I had day 1), and i've got all the classic symptoms, coldness, no hunger, smelleh breath xx

Saying that my meds cause hypoglycemia so that could have hurried keto on for me.

Ah, fair enough. I got a headache (though often it's hard to distinguish between one person's headache and another's migrane) on day one, but the other 'symptoms' have elapsed since. I would say I'm definitely in Ketosis after tasting
bronze/metal in my mouth. I never notice if I'm cold or warm, so it's never something I can measure with success especially with the weather being up and down at the moment.

Did you or have you been more tired? Day one sucked but I've got over that.

I do get ridiculously bloated late at night which I always get during weight loss. It's rather bizarre really because I have a humungous gut at it is and I swell up like a ball.

Ill join this thread as i restarted in July :D

Im Mandy, 28 from Fife in Scotland. Have been around the exante boards for over a year, starting and failing and so on! Im back this time cos i really want to be close to goal for xmas. I say it every year, i dont want to mess it up this year again! Im doing WS at the min, as im away on hols on saturday for a week. But will be TS again from monday the 1st of Aug. I have a lot to lose so ill be here for the forseeable lol. Looking forward to getting to know you all :D xx

Hi I'm Louise and I started on July 8th. I lost 4 lbs in my first week. Not amazing but I was very pleased with that. I want to lose a stone a month so thats put me on the right track.

Good luck to everyone :)

I'm just so shocked that with Exante it's possible for me to be at goal (or close to) by Christmas! A whole new wardrobe by then :D no more tent tops!

I've gone down 5lbs in two days - I really cant resist daily weigh-ins.

Ah, fair enough. I got a headache (though often it's hard to distinguish between one person's headache and another's migrane) on day one, but the other 'symptoms' have elapsed since. I would say I'm definitely in Ketosis after tasting
bronze/metal in my mouth. I never notice if I'm cold or warm, so it's never something I can measure with success especially with the weather being up and down at the moment.

Did you or have you been more tired? Day one sucked but I've got over that.

I do get ridiculously bloated late at night which I always get during weight loss. It's rather bizarre really because I have a humungous gut at it is and I swell up like a ball.

I do get tired but I've got a lot of other medical circumstances so it gets confusing trying to determine one from the other. My feet always freeze in keto, but they never do normally. My sleeping patterns are SCARILY regulated the minute I hit keto. Go to bed at 9/10, and get up at like 6am XD My gym performance always suffers and I hit the proverbial wall a lot quicker than I would whilst not in keto, but I think thats to be expected.

Some people only get headaches... I probably only get migraines because i'm a chronic chronic migraine sufferer anyway :p I don't know what a headache is XD re bloating - i go the other way, i never go to the toilet, my tum is always empty, so its never bloated. (I have IBS)

Saying that I do have a lot of other medical issues in my life so what happens to me is perhaps unlikely to happen to others x

Well day 4 is here for me, and although its been hard at times, I feel great and can't wait for that first weigh in, then I know I will be in the zone and only a few months till goal, feels great to be in control. How's everyone else doing?

hi girls and guys : ) im starting tomorrow : ) i go on holiday in 10 weeks so want to have made a good start by then, try and not put too much on while away and then restart once back x x

hi girls and guys : ) im starting tomorrow : ) i go on holiday in 10 weeks so want to have made a good start by then, try and not put too much on while away and then restart once back x x

I'm going on holiday in 8 weeks and 1 day! I'm doing exactly the same as yooou, will take a week off then back on the wagon straight away :)

Can't bloody wait... its only day 3 for me and i'm craving food something shocking :p

hi, im a july starter i started 11th july my first weigh in is tomorrow i found my first week hard all i think about it food but ive been good and stayed with it

kelly. said:
hi, im a july starter i started 11th july my first weigh in is tomorrow i found my first week hard all i think about it food but ive been good and stayed with it

Well done with sticking with it and good luck tomorrow x

How did the wi go Kelly? How is everyone edge doing? I'm 4 days in and had a peek on the scales and was really pleased with the results, that's a nice bit of motivation!

How did the wi go Kelly? How is everyone edge doing? I'm 4 days in and had a peek on the scales and was really pleased with the results, that's a nice bit of motivation!

Sounds like you're doing well hun..are you having 3 or 4 packs a day? When did you go into ketosis?

I'm haven't ordered any packs, I'm just getting my self sorted, knowing how many and what to get etc, and trying to collect all the info I need off here in one place, there's useful info all over, think i'll have to an Exante diary and keep everything I want in there.

I've put 3lb on this week (totm) so evertything I've done and been through all the crap for the last 5 weeks have been for nothing, now I know I've made the right decision to go tfr.

Well done hun!
xx

Hey guys

What are the shakes like? Ive been on Cambridge and loved all the shakes but had some weight to go shakes and absolutely hated them! Someone told me Exante shakes are weak flavoured??

Day 6, and this diet is so easy ( I WILL REGRET SAYING THAT). I cooked for my family and partner yesterday and wasn't even slightly tempted to have a bite. They had burgers, sausages, and even chocolate.

I did have a period of introspection yesterday where I felt a little existentially odd, and maybe a little lightheaded, but today I feel really good. In addition, I also bought in a massive haul of ASDA Cola Zeros (17 in total).

:D

Going so-so for me Gemma, i had a bad, bad day on Sat and a sneaky something yesterday :eek: So only had 1 100% day so far but i've also peaked at the scales and doing good so can't grumble i suppose.

Quick question. I've got a boozy night out on Sat planned (friends birthday) am i aswell trying to avoid ketosis until afterward or just have a meal before starting on the bevvy? I'm so confused about all this! x

Hey guys

What are the shakes like? Ive been on Cambridge and loved all the shakes but had some weight to go shakes and absolutely hated them! Someone told me Exante shakes are weak flavoured??

They're not as sweet as Cambridge. I wasn't too keen at first, but now I usually add sweeteners and they're pretty nice! I've never tried the Exante soups though.

Glad you're feeling good, Anonymous! :D

Back