Jumping ship!

mollydog

Silver Member
I'll not bore you with the details but having done well, piddled about, falling off and climbing on the dieting wagon etc etc I am giving up Cambridge Diet.
I just cant do it anymore. I've done every diet more than once with various degrees of success but last year i did really well with CD.
Money is tight in our lives just now, I cant get into Cambridge at all so i'm going to give WWs a go to shift my final few pounds.
I'm not going to go to a class as i have all the books here so basically its just needing to get myself on a healthy eating programme.
Tonight I made the chicken, bacon and sweetcorn pie from the recipe book and it was really nice. What was also really nice was sitting round the table with OH and kids rather than hiding in the kitchen.
I am married (it will be 18years next week!), we have two daughters. I have done the 40th birthday experience! It was last year, it was the reason why i wanted to lose weight. I found 40 quite hard going as i always thought old people were 40!!! Not nearly as bad as i thought and i had a lovely party with my friends and family.
I'm going to officially start tomorrow, I'll weigh myself on my own scales probably on a Monday or Tuesday.
Anyway, enough about me, I'm looking forward to getting to know you all.
Mx

Hello and welcome :) i'm a newbie too i also just joined tonight I restarted my WW journey today, so far so good! lol x

Hey good luck - I think we're in the same boat!!

My doctor told me that my choice to change from Atkins to WW was a good idea but when I told him that I'd not lost weight or that it was hard to budge, he said, "So, what have you cheated on then?" he said, with a wry smile. Arghhh!!

So I may even do WW without cheating, not even an ounce.

Perhaps there should be a confession and penitence board!! lol

welcome aboard and good luck with the final part of your journey

Thank you for the lovely welcome.
Ok today is day 1. I'm going to try hard to drink as much water as i did on CD, hopefully that will help flush out the carbs etc. Does it work like that for carbs, I know on CD forum there is a lot of talk about water flushing out the fat.
My youngest daughter has a room like a bomb site. I started to completely empty it about 10 days ago as she was away with the school. I took everything out of her drawers, wardrobe etc and took 3 bags to the charity shop. After i had done that, i had a really hard time mentally and physically at work and feeling so exhausted so never finished the job. So i cannot ignore it any longer and when she eventually gets up, i'm going in! That should use up a fair amount of calories!
Hope you all have a really good day.
Mx

Back