Jumping ship!!

hello star89 i am moving.over from slim and save...starting tmro good luck!

I'm loving this diet. I'm an ex dukan dieter (lasted 3 weeks before I realised I don't actually like the foods on the restricted list!).
Now I'm combining principles of both diets and although I've not lost anything in the last week since switching I haven't gained either. The plus is I can eat a meal with the family and I actually feel better - less drained!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Forgot to say. I'm aptenny on mfp if anyone wants to join me.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Well done on your first day, it does get easier I promise ;)
In answer to your questions, you weigh after a DD , it is really best to weigh weekly as due to the nature of the diet your weight can fluctuate through the week.
550 should be fine ;)

I've been 100% on my first official Down Day!!! Whoop!!!

Phoenyx said:
Me too! Wasn't as hard this evening as I feared, although the day was quite hard!

I know how u feel! Was worse in the middle of the day! all good now though!

Ruth
X

first down day today dont think it will be too bad im having 3 slim and save sachets...my allowance is 393 and everything incl my coffee is 409 not a bad start really!

Morning - even though I was 100% 4 Slim and Saves were over 500.

It was still significantly lower than the 1200 My Fitness Pal has recommended but STILL!!!

I am still pleased: not one extra anything.

I found the daytime a bit difficult. I am going to be baking today for the chapel's youth group - it's an UP day, but I am low carbing and portion controlling on UP days, lest I undo the Down.

MinnieMel said:
Morning - even though I was 100% 4 Slim and Saves were over 500.

It was still significantly lower than the 1200 My Fitness Pal has recommended but STILL!!!

I am still pleased: not one extra anything.

I found the daytime a bit difficult. I am going to be baking today for the chapel's youth group - it's an UP day, but I am low carbing and portion controlling on UP days, lest I undo the Down.

I'm also low carbing on up days (but not portion control). First up day today although I've been low carbing for a bit

oh i am very much looking forward to my up day tmro although I am not low carbing. I will defo be trying to get as much as i can for my 1900 allowance tho!

I am very carb sensitive. And as I have No portion control I use my Rosemary Conley portion pots.

Did you know that people who wear a pedometer walk 2,000 more steps a day on the average than does who do not!!!

Me too! Wasn't as hard this evening as I feared, although the day was quite hard!
I find the day harder than the evening too which I find quite strange as usually evenings are my danger time, I find once 5pm arrives I am over it and sail through the evening.

My first down day yest wasnt as bad as I thought. And my stomach is lovely and flat this morning! Am looking forward to eating today but am not ravenous which surprised me!
That always surprises me too, you expect to want to eat everything in sight but never actually do feel like that but its nice knowing you can eat normally, enjoy your UP day :)

Okay, so lesson learned: I need to plan what I want to eat on an UD to get the most out of it! I desperately wanted eggs for breakfast but didn't have any in :( still the good thing about JUDDD is there's always another UD around the corner. Planning a fry up tonight instead!

I was very low in energy after breakfast - is this normal? Felt v sleepy. Feel fine now though, after I had my snack (I never snack mid morning usually - I love UDs already!!!).

Quick question for you lovely experienced JUDDDers....I thought my UD limit was 2000 but went back on the calculator and its 2500! That's huge! Is it okay if I just make sure I get over 2000 but don't worry about whether or not I get to 2500? Ive read differing messages, ones that say don't count, eat to hunger and others that say you must eat all your up calories or you'll go into starvation mode. What's the majority opinion on this?

One size fits all is a lie - don't eat more than you want or need - and try not to exceed your UP calories. Just make sure you are eating a lot more than on Down Days. Also, I'm adding fitness in on UP days.

Drinking ice cold water and ice green tea; all metabolic boosters.

Back