Jumping ship!!

Do you know something, it feels really nice to be able to talk food on this forum, sometimes in the vlcd I felt guilty lol

Anyway, I've discovered mini chicken satay nibbles that are only 17caks each and exceptionally yum yum

14 lost : 53 to goal

Oh yummy. Are they the asda ones? They used to do a couple of different flavours.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Picked these up in sainsburys but they don't seem to be a sainsburys own brand. Problem now is there are still 17 in the box and I want them all- tomorrow, tomorrow!

i love this woe!! Just had a lovely breakfast and feel full now got a nice lunch planned and even better dinner...this is defo for me!

Enjoy your UP day x

Morning - UP DAY went well. I've not enter all my calories in MFP yet, but it was not a 1200 day (I decided to do the listen to my body and eat to hunger and as I did s fitness class I had more).

Today is going to be another UP day because I plan on doing a class. Then Thursday will be down and Saturday, as well.

I sure hope I'm not as cranky on those as I was on Monday. ;)

That's what I thought, lowest I've seen has been about 1800. Maybe you should recheck the calculater?

Phoenyx said:
Up day of 1200 ish - isn't that a bit low? Am new to this so not sure!

I had 2100 calories (my target according to JUDDD is 2500 but I couldn't get there unless I filled myself up with junk which I didn't want to do - a first for me!).

Hi -

Yes, I read over the JUDD information and decided to try and do it "by the book" - so I wrote everything down, only added it up just now: it was nearly 2200 calories!!! A lot for someone my size and age. Scary.

But, I am doing this to fix my metabolism - I've been on low calories day after day for most of the past two years (post LL loss and 50% regain, 40% of that lost then regained - and pretty much STS at 1.5 stone BMI 27.5 for most of 2012.

Fingers crossed that JUDD will shock my metabolism into thinking the famine is over and it can ramp things up!!!

I think I am going to get the books - especially if I can get them as ebooks.

I've tried to get the ebook but it doesn't seem to be aviailible!

Tbh the website gives plenty of info that's needed

It might be on Amazon.com (US site - and my account is with them).

But I need to spend some time on the website.

Hi -

Yes, I read over the JUDD information and decided to try and do it "by the book" - so I wrote everything down, only added it up just now: it was nearly 2200 calories!!! A lot for someone my size and age. Scary.

But, I am doing this to fix my metabolism - I've been on low calories day after day for most of the past two years (post LL loss and 50% regain, 40% of that lost then regained - and pretty much STS at 1.5 stone BMI 27.5 for most of 2012.

Fingers crossed that JUDD will shock my metabolism into thinking the famine is over and it can ramp things up!!!

I think I am going to get the books - especially if I can get them as ebooks.

Hi Mel, The info you need is on the website, I am not sure what he fills the book with to be honest as its so basic and simple, I know there is a lot of science and studies behind it but thats explained on the site . Don't be scared of your UP day cals but don't worry if you don't eat them all but you should be eating more than a low cal amount. If you would normally eat 1200 on a cal counting day then thats too low for an UP day there are lots of healthy things that will bring you up to a reasonable amount. As you are keen on getting your system going again I would recommend sticking to your DD cals (thats the key) and try and eat your allowance on your UP days, your body needs to realise its being fed properly in order for the 'skinny gene' to be activated, if you stick low on UP you may well lose weight but you won't achieve your objective. For example Karen has been doing Juddd for a long time so her body obviously has triggered this Gene , she went on Hols this week and didn't Juddd but she didn't gain she STS her body didn't store all the extra cals she ate because its not programmed that way anymore, she started Juddd again as soon as she got back and lost 4 lbs. This diet does work but you have to have enough faith to do it properly, I know it can be scary to eat properly on your UP days but thats how its done ;)
I hope I am not coming across as a know it all, as I don't I just love this diet and want others to love it and be successful on it too:eek:

Last edited:
Not at all - thanks do much. Super helpful.

ive got the book its called the alternate day diet I got it from kobo.

its an ebook site...i have the app on my phone :)

love love loving my up day today I have eaten so much good stuff!! even having a wee rum and coke!

Teetie - how do I get the books I want on kobo? I can't see how to search for titles.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back