Jumping to JUDDD to get me to goal, and beyond!

Day 15 - DD

9.00am - Exante shake; coffee with milk
2pm - coffee with milk
7pm - 1 x burger with inch of cucumber, teaspoon of ketchup and Coke Zero

So, no problems with my DD. The usual pangs of hunger which come and go but nothing that can't be coped with. I was intending to have a bar or a shake for my evening meal but cooked burgers for James and they smelt and looked so good I decided to have one myself - 226 calories so still within the DD rules. Weigh in tomorrow. Feeling very apprehensive on how I've done for some reason, probably because I think I'm overeating on my UDs because I haven't put a foot or even a toe wrong on my DDs. Well, if I have a disappointing loss I know I have to keep more of a rein on my UD calories going forward. Ali lost 8lbs in a month so looking at that, it looks like anything over 2lbs a week I should be happy with. Well, we'll just have to wait and see.

Last edited:
Good luck for the weigh in hon!

I wouldn't be so apprehensive about weigh in. Your UDs really haven't been that bad!! See what number you get tomorrow and take it from there. And I wouldn't necessarily eat any less on your UDs if result isn't what you want, just tweak your foods if need be. I've never done a vlcd...well apart from when I starved myself years ago being a total idiot...but I imagine it must be hard feeling that you are eating too much with this way of eating. I think you're doing great though x

Good luck with your weigh in tomorrow x

I agree with Ali your up days aren't that bad but anything compared to vlcd will feel naughty but it'll be ok I'm sure x

Looking forward to hearing how much weight you've lost tomorrow.

Fingers crossed for tomorrow Cate. You're still learning so try not to worry x

Susie, what were you doing up at 2am????

So weigh-in day. I don't know whether to be embarrassed, mortified, upset, angry, suicidal - I have PUT ON 0.4lbs. I am 208.8lbs when last week I was 208.4lbs. What is going on? I have stuck to the DDs religiously and yes, I'm on a learning curve with regard to the UDs but I don't think I've gone that mad - certainly not mad enough to be putting on weight. Now I know in the grand scheme of things 0.4lbs is nothing to be getting my knickers in a twist over but it's not the number it's the underlying trend. Am I destined to be hovering around 15st for the rest of my life? All I can do is stick with it and try and be better on my UDs and see if I get a better result next week. One thing I know I haven't been doing is drinking enough water so will have to make a conscious effort to do that. No probs today in that respect as am going to the office. So ladies, what can I say? Last week I was loving JUDDD; today the jury is back out to re-consider its verdict.

UD today but will try not to console myself with food! Have a great day everyone.

So weigh-in day. I don't know whether to be embarrassed, mortified, upset, angry, suicidal - I have PUT ON 0.4lbs. I am 208.8lbs when last week I was 208.4lbs. What is going on? I have stuck to the DDs religiously and yes, I'm on a learning curve with regard to the UDs but I don't think I've gone that mad - certainly not mad enough to be putting on weight. Now I know in the grand scheme of things 0.4lbs is nothing to be getting my knickers in a twist over but it's not the number it's the underlying trend. Am I destined to be hovering around 15st for the rest of my life? All I can do is stick with it and try and be better on my UDs and see if I get a better result next week. One thing I know I haven't been doing is drinking enough water so will have to make a conscious effort to do that. No probs today in that respect as am going to the office. So ladies, what can I say? Last week I was loving JUDDD; today the jury is back out to re-consider its verdict.

UD today but will try not to console myself with food! Have a great day everyone.

Awwww hun i know how u must feel but like you said this is a learning curve and a way of life and stick with it cos the weight will come off and most importantly stay off.

0.4lbs gain could be due to a number of factors, i think if you try and look at a monthly loss that will give u a better indication, keep going hun u are doing awesome. Sending u hugs xx

The thing is with 5:2 honey some weeks you don't lose (0.4 is a poo you missed that's all) but next week you'll get a whoosh! And you need to do your measurements cos weeks I don't lose or lose a teeny bit I've lost inches xx

I imagine your body is still balancing out from your VLCD. Remember you didn't expect a loss at all last week and yet you got one so I think things are still settling down. Water is VERY important. Just keep on doing what you're doing and all will be fine.

Ladies, thanks for all your supportive comments. Am going to try and not put too much emphasis on weekly weigh-in results and focus on the four weekly (hopefully downward) trend. However, I just don't have the confidence yet not to weigh weekly so will continue to do that. Still, can't help hoping for a 'whoosh' next week.

Oh cate how frustrating for you. I feel your pain. I'm sure you'll get a loss next week but next week is a long way away. Try daily weighing - might help you be good on your up days.

Hey, I know the weigh in wasn't what you were after, but logging back in after all this time it's brilliant to see you've had some excellent weight loss! I don't know much about JUDD but it could be glycogen weight, water retention (esp in this heat and with drinking alcohol I've had to really up my water intake) and just your body adapting. Give it time. A change is as good as a rest and I reckon it's just your metabolism getting used to the change. Also, having a quick read, what's struck me most is that you're really being mindful about what you eat. It's that kinda thing that's going to have a real lasting impact on your weight. So, you stayed the same this week (0.4lbs really doesn't count as a gain), what you really gained was insight and control around your eating habits if you ask me.

I'm sure you'll have a good loss next time you weigh!

Why should you be embarrassed??? You are doing great, trust me. Google 2nd week weight loss and you will see that on many of the mainstream diets 2nd week weight loss is notoriously weird..gains, sts...it's why so many people chuck their diets. You have done nothing wrong it is just your body adjusting. Your body and digestive system is getting used to food again..I had a sts when I increased my fibre intake as it was sucking up extra liquid and making me heavier...it went the next week with a whoosh. Don't panic!! Whatever you do don't start slashing your UDs dramatically...it doesn't work. I've seen so many people doing that and then they just disappear off to try something else. Think of the positives of this last week...eating with your son, social occasions without guilt, all the gorgeous food you've had to eat...if you'd done that "cheating" while still on a vlcd how much would you have put on?? 0.4lbs is nothing..if you had got up an hour or so later and peed a bit more it would have been a sts. I know it's hard not to be disappointed but just give it time. One week's weigh in is nothing in the scheme of things...it isn't indicative of a trend. I would avoid the daily weighing as fear the fluctuations you get daily with fasting would just make you more anxious that it wasn't working. Keep doing what you've been doing and see what the scales say next week. It does work if you stick with it x

Oh my god Cate, what she said ^^
Weebuns what a great reply, and wow your stats are amazing you are doing really well!!
x

Back