June/July book - Valley of the Dolls by Jacquiline Susann - Read by 31st July

Wow that's a great response, i'm v excited now!!!

Happy to go with Wanda's recommendation - she's the expert!!!

OK so how long should we take to read it... bearing in mind people have work and families to look after... i said a month in my original post but happy to discuss...??

I would need a bit of time as work lousy shifts....what about three weeks??

OOps we also need to leave time for people to get the book...xx

3 weeks is standard for book groups.....if we set a date of 31st March to read it by thats 3 weeks and a day....how does that sound?

we can always go over slightly if not everyones finished?

OK so let's go with Wanda's suggestion :

Sea Glass by Anita Shreve

Just ordered my book.... got to finish my current one first though!! Yikes! Hope i can finish the new one in time!!

Last edited:
I better get my skates on I've got to read my book for my "real life" book club by the 25th and this one (which I haven't bought yet) by the 31st.

Good job I love reading and can finish a book in a few days if I set my mind to it ;):D

I better get my skates on I've got to read my book for my "real life" book club by the 25th and this one (which I haven't bought yet) by the 31st.

Good job I love reading and can finish a book in a few days if I set my mind to it ;):D

Blimming heck babes, that's gonna keep you busy !!!! lol. Can't wait to hear how the real life book club goes, you'll have to give us some pointers on our first one here :cool:

I so love reading too.... can't wait to get my book delivered!!!!

I've just been along to my local library and the book was there. So I'm ready to start reading. Never heard of the author before

Irene xx

I am interested! :) Don't read much beyond Green Eggs & Ham at the moment due to my little one! :8855: Would be nice to get some adult literature in me. :)

LR

I've just spent the afternoon reading and i've just finished my current book, so a couple days off and then onto Sea Glass!! Hope it's a goody! Should get my book by Wednesday....

Karen1972
Mrs CakeyBun
Westiegirl
Aussieraquel
Kopcat
Starlight
KittyB
charliegirl
cah-ching
jacsprat
IreneH
nexangelus
dextersmum
F.A.R
DietingQueen
Mrs Depp
Happe
Porgeous
Sam25
nce1
LightRaven

Thanks gals, brilliant! Mmmmm

I have read a couple of her books and emjoyed them this was recomended to me by another girl at the library.....as for reading books quickly I am embarressed by how many I read a week....but I hardly watch TV other than CSI and bones and documentarys....there is a list of what im reading over on another thread http://www.minimins.com/book-club/16093-whats-everyone-reading-moment-26.html better add this one now :)

I have read a couple of her books and emjoyed them this was recomended to me by another girl at the library.....as for reading books quickly I am embarressed by how many I read a week....but I hardly watch TV other than CSI and bones and documentarys....there is a list of what im reading over on another thread http://www.minimins.com/book-club/16093-whats-everyone-reading-moment-26.html better add this one now :)

Wowsers!!! How can you keep track of them all? If i did that i think all the story lines and characters would merge into one! You must have a very active mind !

Back