June Money Challenge

So I've just been online & I know the last bill to come out before payday, Friday, & I've gone overdrawn by £35.50 which isn't too bad I don't think. I'm still on with this, I've got to get so I'm not near my o/d and start to spend less on incidentals & put a bit aside for either Christmas, OH's 50th in October or December holidays, or all of them things truth be told!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sounds good to me!

Managed to put £400 in the Florida pot this month, mostly from selling lots of bits, but have spent £250 on the CC for prescriptions and birthdays etc so in one hand and out the other, still the Florida money is in the untouchable pot so at least i'm making some headway into that :)
x

That's really good pixie :)

My overdraft is worse than I thought :( payday tomorrow but no overtime coming this month so ill have to be extra careful if I want to pay any back!

Saying that, it is £100 Ish better than last month so I have made progress (but still got outstanding bills so like you say, in one way out another grr)

No birthdays this month but I do have a hen do that I need spending money for! I've paid for the hotel and activities already.

Luckily the cupboards and freezer are looking health still.

Thank you :)

Bills are standard so I can only save money by selling or shaving it off the shopping and things like that, I always forget little things though! Like hubby's Oyster card for the underground and prescriptions, those 2 alone comes to £100, I need to remember to include them!

Small steps in the right direction Sparty, that's all any of us can do, I will eventually run out of things to sell so need to start looking at other ways that I can save x

Yeah I go through phases too lol ATM I want to decorate the spare room but its become the dumping ground for everything so been trying to clear it out and make some money at the same time. Don't seem to have even made a dent though! Trying to find a balance between dumping and selling. Really dislike sending stuff to landfill x

How are you all doing??

I managed to come under budget at Glasto by around £50, bonus! Filled a van load of stuff to sell at car boots too, mainly welly boots that people ditched and lots of camping chairs. Even if I sell them all for £2 each I have enough stuff to make £100 :eek: Am off to London on friday and am hopefully going to raid my bedroom there and find stuff to sell...time to let go of old stuff that is gathering dust and put some money in the pot. I am not going to be able to pay for my flight to asia this month after all, but I have saved money and there is still 3 weeks until payday so I'm going to try hard to be frugal (especially when it comes to food shoppping loL!!)

Am aiming to book my flight to Asia on August payday...and after that, it will be even easier to save money, as festival season will be coming to a close and I can hermit myself away. I think overtime at work is going to simmer down though as we are hiring at work and have gone from massively understaffed to nearly fully staffed. Time to look for other ways to make money - carboots, second job, bank work - just to make sure I can keep the momentum going :)

Good luck this week everyone!

Definitely good job Mandlegrot!! :)

Back