June Money Challenge

I forgot I opened a Sainsburys savings account last Sept which pays 3% interest for a year.All my squirrel savings are going in there now to get that little bit more interest.:)

That sounds good :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

This sounds good! Money slips through my fingers like water! X

Cast with my wand using Tinks fairydust *sparkle*

Hopefully get chance to do my June money tonight!

Just looking at the month, its a nice 4 week month which is great for budgeting!

I'm not doing great as I had to lend bf £100 for tools or his new job. Will get that back next week though so will use it for bills.

I'm going to pay off one credit card and close it down today (£491) :)

that's a massive step forward for me as its now out of its interest free period so would have been more and more of a problem.

Luckily my car was only £100 to fix which is why I can use most of my overtime on paying the cc off.

I also over spent my pocket money already on my big night out so will try for £10 less next week to make it up.

Haven't been buying food unnecessarily either since payday on Friday so that's also another step forward.

I'm trying to keep my spreadsheet up to date so I can see how I'm doing as well. Most of my bills have come out now!

I went food shopping last night & spent £79 but £10 was a pressie I got for DS & DD & they'll give me the money back for that & £12 was on vodka, so overall I don't think I did too bad. I did look at various food items & think about getting them like the Alpen lights lemon drizzle but at £1.85 for 5 I thought that a tad too expensive & just not in my budget this month so resisted, there were other things as well. It really does help keep in track when doing it with other people.

Oooh well done, that will feel amazing to close the CC down!

I've managed to save £250 so far, am going to try put a little more in if its going spare. I'm treating myself to £100 to spend how i like...plus I'm finally going to do my vinyl floor and rebuild the bed in my van. So an expensive month, but after months of being skint on part time money, it feels nice to be able to do things. Mad rush this month but June's pay ill be catching up with bills, paying off my CC and saving :) woohoo!!

I am going food shopping on Thursday, am going to gut thr fridge/freezer/cupboards to make use of what I already have. Going to batch cook some curries, Dahl, bean chilli and soups as I'm all out and probably have all thr non-fresh ingredients sat already.

Me and my bf are trying to eat our freezer down a bit so I can defrost it and give it a refresh! Some of the stuff is less diet friendly than I would like so ill have to be careful! BBQ is the plan tomorrow seeing as the weather is lush!!

Have managed to clear the overdraft and credit card this month...again! I'm sure I said last month was the last time *sigh*

Hope everyone else is doing much better than I am.

Am going to try and cut back in other areas and try and put some money into savings this month x

I'm so bad I live in my overdraft every month! It's EUR500 so I'm going to clear a 100 a month and then cancel it altogether! I have increased my credit card payments and decided no more littlewoods so going to start paying that off and cancel... Note to younger me.. It was never free money, you have to pay it back eventually lol

Free listing on eBay this weekend so off to have a rummage :D

How's everyone doing? Xx

Doing good here - am now at work until Monday, then anew weeks money starts (80 for food, petrol and diesel, SW, meds etc) plus am getting thr flooring for my van done so will be spending on the credit card but it needs to happen :)

Thanks for that.x

well today i could have gone to Sains for some of their 3 for £10 meat, but thats all i needed & new i'd spend more so didnt go in!!

Well done on abstaining :)

I put our old SW packs on eBay from when we restarted after Christmas. I don't agree with the ones that are selling £20+ so I just put them up for what they cost us + postage and they sold in about 42 seconds! Never have I listed anything that sold so quick lol.

Have 20 other things up now, all starting at 99p so hopefully I'll make a few bob :) x

Oooh wow I never thought of selling my old books...I guess people don't mind them a little tatty with a few of my stickers/weights in? Might list thrn tomorrow if free bidding is still going :) x

Omg what is up with people selling SW for ripoff prices?? Disgusting. Someone on there has a box of hifi bars for £6 when they are like £2 at group. Disgusting!

Omg what is up with people selling SW for ripoff prices?? Disgusting. Someone on there has a box of hifi bars for £6 when they are like £2 at group. Disgusting!

I know right! That's why I listed them for £10 + £2.50 postage as that's what it costs me, I think some of them do take the mickey a bit! It's ok saying well if they'll pay it but some people really don't have the opportunity to get to a group, so I feel a little like I had to offer someone a break (knowing my bloody luck, whoever bought them will sell them on, but trying not to think about it really)

Yeah, am sure someone will have them, put pics and good description then at least they will know what they are getting so will be their choice :)

Glad i found this, its good to see others in the same boat ! Iv had a few hard months recently with hen dos and stuff and got myself well to the bottom of my overdraft :(
Very very bad at budgets but i sat down when i got paid and literally worked everything out that i needed to spend which made me feel abit better. Unfortunately i have a huge month this month too with a 3day trip to berlin, planning on me and bf taking £250 each for spend which shud be more than enough euro wise. Plus its the bf's birthday and even though we've been together long enuf to not spend hundreds of pounds on each other to impress each other i decided to buy him an ipad (thinking his mum and dad, my mum and his bro wud chuck in £50 each) but found out my mum is only giving about £20 and his bro about £30 so thats still the guts of £400 on his bloody birthday!! Oh well. Il make his xmas present a small one :) but iv worked it all out and shud still have abit of money left aslong as i avoid home and bargains!! Easily my nemesis-go in to get bleach and end up spending £15 on bloody candles and shampoo that i dont need.
Next payday shud be very healthy due to a bonus so im gona sit and work out all my finances again thenm and hopefully il be in a much better position financially.

Go forth and save peeps !! X

Back