June - New starters!

Hello everyone

I've had a really bad weekend :-/ in fact it's been terrible since Thursday! I need to get back on track.
I'm up for a challenge, will rack my brains to think of something a bit more unusual.
It's tempting today to say sod it but I'm really gonna try not to. I daren't even fill in my food diary it's so bad :-(
Hope everyone is doing well! Weekends are so hard! Glad to be working them for the next 3 weeks haha
X

Hi Rosie, I think quicker you get back on track quicker you'll feel better.
Just get through one day and ull be back on it, Maybe do your fave sw meal or something sw comfort, chips beans and cheese be mine. X

In my head I know you are right! Normally I would get straight back on it but OH has just asked if we can have enchiladas for tea. I have decided to have them and no other syns today.
Gonna make my meals for tomorrow now.
I can stick to sw so easily when I'm organised and sober!
Love the sound of your comfort food!
My fave sw comfort food right now is a big bowl of spag Bol made the proper way with onion carrot celery and tomatoes and proper beef mince instead of quorn!

Hi Lou Similar to you really- was really fed up of my gorgeous going out clothes not fitting at all or looking really tight and unflattering! New motivation from booking my wedding next year.. Also found myself feeling low- mood, confidence/self-esteem. This one took me a bit longer to realise though, and I think more than just my weight needs to change.. But one thing at a time hey! Well done for making a start, sw is fab. Batch cooking definitely helps. Onwards and downwards as they say! X

Oh wow a wedding is a big motivation :) when next year are you getting married?

Congratulations xxx

My motivation is pretty much the same. Work trousers are feeling tight and I refuse to buy a bigger size. Also can't look in the mirror without feeling down so keeping a weekly photo diary and hope this will help to keep me motivated in the weeks to come :)

Are you keeping a food diary on here? Mind if I have a nose?
My danger zone is eating the same stuff all the time and getting bored!
X

Was 2 weeks since I last weighed (I use gym scales as mine broke and want to stick to same scales) but I was on a holiday for days and ate and drank the whole time. No idea what I put on but whatever it was plus 4lb is gone :) x

4lbs in any space of time is amazing well done!
How often do you go to the gym? It's my next thing to sort out after the food ?
Nice one having a holiday and not gaining, I could gain on a 'bad' lunch ha ha x

Thank you! 12th of June is the big day.. Went for a Friday so nice long weekend! I think I have become complacent as its so long away and I keep thinking "ah it's only 9lb to shift" but it won't be if I carry on at this rate! How are you doing? X

Aw that will be lovely and very thoughtful to make it a long weekend for your guests!

I'm good, actually feeling the benefits of eating healthier already! Weigh in tomorrow so fingers crossed.... X

Yep i am up for a summer challenge! Put me down to lose a whole fat stone!

I weighed myself on Saturday morning (my proper weigh in day) and i have managed to lose 4lbs this week, its amazing what a difference one day can make! I am going to only weigh on a Saturday morning from now on! My clothes seem to fit better which is all good. I think we should be really proud of of our efforts this isn't easy.

This week i really need to start a bit of the old "Body Magic" Hopefully if the weather is nice i might get out for a walk after work, and light try and do some strength exercises too.

Dont beat yourselves up everyone, we're all human and cant be good all the time. Put the energy into positivity, your healthy future & make a fresh start tomorrow :)
There's my motivational speech :D
Weight day for me tomorrow (scared!) Anyone else's?
Looking forward to the July challenge X

1st weight in this morning and I'm over the moon- 3lbs off! So happy :)
And feeling great for eating so well and drinking loads of water :)

Hello!

I'm also new and starting today. Have a history of yo-yo ing but have been going to the gym for over four months now and seeing a trainer twice a week for weights etc. I have the exercise under control and getting stronger but now need to add in the diet as I have plateaued for over two months now.

Would love to lose a stone by august. Please can I join you all?

I had bran flakes at HE for breakfast followed. Y grapefruit and two glasses of water.

Xx N

hey guys, very good losses there in the first week! I have had a really bad weekend, I just seem to be really good in the week and go to pot at the weekend, Frankie and Benny's full 3 course meal!!anyway, had a sneak peak on the scales this morning and I'm the same as I was last Monday on my scales at home, my official weigh in is tonight at class, but I feel a failure all ready, in my first week! I also cant get my head around eating so much, I've always done WW, and I keep thinking should I switch back?? Please feel free to kick my butt!! xx

Hello everyone!

I'm also a new June starter. Been struggling with my weight on and off for years. Lost a lot of weight doing weight watchers at home years ago but put it all back on again and then some more on top of that. Tried ww again but really couldn't get on with it this time so joined slimming world last week.

Liking it a lot more although can't get my head around how I can lose weight and eat as much free food as I want. Have stuck to it so far, even over the weekend and my first weigh in is on Wednesday which is a bit scary.

I'm a teacher and starting a new job in September - I've had a bad year at work this year and feel like I've lost my confidence which has been made worse by feeling fat as well. So my goal is to be slim and confident when I start.

Hope everyone has a good week x

Sunday night guilt strikes! God I've made a mess of it this weekend. Today hasn't been bad though and have all my meals sorted for tomorrow!
Well done on your loss littlestars!
Would be nice to just consistently lose a lb a week and not fall off the wagon every Friday, bring on the 4wk challenge!
X

My weekends been a total mess I've walked miles upon miles but only thing to do now is straight back to plan. I've no more trips away now.

So many great reasons on here, weddings, holidays, children, clothes I can't think of a single reason for me to stay fat.

Back