Just a few questions

WelshCupcake

I hope you don't mind :) I am on day 3 food and water is going really well but I feel awful today. I have an awful headache and sicky feeling most of the day and a bad stomach. I have just eaten my food and had the weirdest feeling really light headed and sick. I know atkins flu was going to happen but did not think it would be this bad.
Anyway I wanted to ask about chicken breasts and bratwurst. The chicken breasts I have are frozen asda smart price and I didnt look at the label but when I got home is says dextrose in the list :eek:. I know this is bad but if I eat them will it affect me at all? Also the bratwurst from aldi have wheat flour in them but it is at the end of the list.. I didnt get them because I wanted to ask if they were ok first.
Thanks everyone for reading :)

sorry you are suffering .........hope you soon feel better ...... have to wait for knowledgable peeps to post ......... xx

Aw, sorry to hear u have atkins flu of death *hugs*

The asda smart price chicken is the one I always eat and its never slowed me down when I've been doing my atkins - but all people are different. But personally, I could eat it til it was coming out my ears!

No idea about the bratwurst, sorry. Not even sure what it is. I was thinking cabbage, but is that saurkraut? (sp?)

Thats great thanks :) Sorry I should have said it's a sausage. I will give the chicken a try then and see probably the best way.

Its trial and error with these things. Some things stall people, others dont.

And dont be sorry, I was probably the only person who didnt know it was a sausage! hehe! Now you've told me, it rings a bell. I must have secretly known it was a sausage! :D

i go buy the nutritional value info : carbohydrates (obv) i never bother reading the ingredient list unless i am buying something "sugar free" then i check to see what sweetener it uses as asparatame stalls me.

thanks beth :) I was just worried because it said flour but is probably not much. I was just hoping someone here could help maybe that they even eat them. It is so scary how many things sugar is in, gets me wondering if not having carbs and sugar makes me feel this bad what were they doing to my body. Another question sorry can you pick up the ketostix in any pharmacy?

yes boots or superdrug ......... but i get mine off e bay x

yes, i got my first ever 3 hours ago

thanks beth :) I was just worried because it said flour but is probably not much. I was just hoping someone here could help maybe that they even eat them. It is so scary how many things sugar is in, gets me wondering if not having carbs and sugar makes me feel this bad what were they doing to my body. Another question sorry can you pick up the ketostix in any pharmacy?

50 stix=5, 50 apprx.
i felt really terrible today but not sick.i just love to eat all the meat i avoided for ages ;) when i tried ketostix at 5 pm it showed the middle pink, small ketone, / 15 /, no clue how it reads but i see from the to[pic above it`s not much. i must be dehydrated. it`s my 5 th day, but the 1 st i eat more carbs like onion and carrot.

Just go by the carbs on the label and count everything - then you can manage around it. The only exception is if you eat a large proportion of your carbs in one hit - try to spread it out so doesn't cause spike and cravings.

Also avoid carby things like carrot and tomatoes on induction

Kat1e said:
Just go by the carbs on the label and count everything - then you can manage around it. The only exception is if you eat a large proportion of your carbs in one hit - try to spread it out so doesn't cause spike and cravings.

Also avoid carby things like carrot and tomatoes on induction

I agree completely with that.. If I use a large chunk of my carb allowance in one hit I want more! Just check the bratwurst label, make sure it's low carb and don't over do it.
Also I'm 6 weeks in and I don't eat tomatoes or carrots still , and onion in very very small amounts . I plan to stay in induction (20g) until I've only got a stone to lose.

Good luck x

ok thanks everyone :) I will get some on my next shop yay lol. Makes that easier as reading the labels for everything took forever!

dextrose is a form of glucose (sugar) injected into cheap meat I believe to make it retain water and look plumper on the shelf. The amounts are so small though that I shouldn't think it registers on the carb scale.

did you read how many carbs were in the sausage? flour is a filler used in lots of sausages so they are a product you have to be careful with. look for sausages with the highest percentage meat you can find and always check the label - or have a look at the low carb contest thread a bit down the page which has lists of the best sausages to buy.

Back