Just about to start

MissMonkeyPants

Hi Guys,

I'm new to this website, and never used a forum before. I'm just about to start the CD, meeting with my CDC at the end of the week. I tried lighter life last year, I didn't last long as I don't think I was mentally ready to lose all that weight. I was just wondering if you could give me any advice or tips onto staying on the right path and not getting off track.

Mandy

Hi there.

Good luck with starting - I know its the best thing I've done for myself but I wont lie, its not hard and I've srayed off track once this weekend and I feel really angry with myself about it.
I guess the key things are water and keeping busy!! For me anyway!!
Hopefully you'll have a fab CDC who can give you lots of support and advice too.

Congrats to you for managing to work out why LL didn't work for you last time and finding the will power to go for another diet... you have clearly identified your focus and made a decision... that is probably one of the hardest steps (it was for me anyway).
I found the 1st 3/4 days the hardest bit, so made sure I had treats arranged busy days at work and treats in the evenings... By treats I mean e.g. lovely long bubble baths, doing my nails, long phone conversations with friends etc. Stuff that I would not normally do that often.:D
If you can get through the 1st week - superb. Just keep focused and stay away from temptation.
Good luck.
xx

MissMonkeyPants ... well my advice is just to try stay away from foods that have smells. . .its the smells that got me, fresh bread, toast all the carb type things. I have resisited tho.

the real thing for me is the money and the vanity of being over weight. good luck

Thanks for the advice Guys, I'm meeting my CDC tomorrow, and will be starting on Wednesday. I'm nervous and excited at the same time!

Hi there

Sound like you are really focused, good to be both nervous and excited. In just a matter of days you'll be in ketosis and away you go. Think of the positives of why you are doing it. I thought that if I thought it would be hard then it would be so I changed my attitude to saying to myself Look this won't be difficult, I can easily do this and before I knew it I was back in the game. I've been off and on it before but this time is the last time, no excuses anymore. Best wishes and look forward to hearing about your success.:)

mini goals are the way forward for me :)
good luck, you'll do great

Back