just about to start....

emilyj

Im new to all of this (well apart from diets lol) I have made my first order of a huge pack of exante food packs and just waiting for them to come soon. I cant wait to start but have loads of questions.
Ok lets start with the top two.... is pepermint tea really ok and can I drink loads of it? how bad did you all feel at the start?? Any help or tips that you wished someone had told you would be great. Thanks.x

I wrote this on the TS site - hope it helps.
GSQ

Exante Total Solution: What I have learnt so far?
• This diet works, it’s not a fad, it’s not dangerous and it’s the only diet I know where you are not hungry
• Bad breath fades by week 3 – keep on drinking water
• It would be worth me taking three days leave at the beginning – the start is tough
• Drinking water solves most problems and helps almost every difficulty
• I feel really well doing this, skin better, energy better, psyche better
• Headache – only twice, no real problem
• Ketostix are unhelpful and inaccurate and off putting
• Weighing once a month is right for me
• Bars – take or leave them, least favourite soup Mushroom, least favourite shake – strawberry – but its only fuel not a gourmet meal to be savoured. Serves its purpose, keeps me well.
• Sight and smell of food can be distracting and challenging – not to be confused with hunger, just the appetite responding, doing what it’s meant to, stimulate eating!
• Cooking requires tasting – how do you check for seasoning?
• At 4 or 5 pm I am not sure if I am hungry or tired – my response has been food but now green tea helps. I have learnt tired = hungry - but it’s not true.
• Some new abbreviations: LOL, POAS,LMAO,TOTM, OH, DD, DS, STS, AAM for starters
• I can survive quite well without alcohol
• The Minimins forum is great, inspirational and supportive
• I can do Tickers and update it!
• An extra jumper and socks are needed in the evenings , I get cold when I am tired
• Exercise helps, just a bit 20 minutes per day is fine
• Most of this in your head – when you know what you want and go for it – it makes you happy. It’s not three packets a day for life, just for now.
• Soup in a flask for lunch works fine – shakes lose flavour and taste if stored
• A splash of milk in morning tea is fine
• Green tea is fine but do not stray from a loo!
• It takes about two weeks to actually feel as if you are losing weight and anybody notices
• It’s worth re looking at the FAQ page on the Exante site

I hope this helps someone.

Oh yes, and welcome and good luck, I hope all goes really well as you get stuck into it! I had a day, I think for me about day 2ish when I felt pretty lousy, headachey etc, but kept busy and other than that all OK.

Hi Emily and everyone else.. I'm new to this too. I joined yesterday eve but never had a proper chance to look about the site. Not sure of the site etiquette yet so please accept my apology in advance if i dont get it quite right in the first week or so...
I started TS on tuesday..Today is day 4 and so far so good.. Had a bad day yesterday but never fell off the wagon i just had a very early night and today i feel my resolve has returned...
Good luck for when you start yours too Emily...:)

Hi emily and everyone else. Yep pmlt is fine. I drink that mostly but I find I need the loo more when I drink loads ( number 2 ) sorry! Lol
I love it hot but also make it up in jugs and chill it to mix with choc and vanilla packs :) yum!
I found my 1st month the easiest but my nan died and I ate rubbish for 1 day and have struggled to get my head back in the zone since so not sure if I would have got through the last 2 months easier if that didn't happen so my advice is don't eat, it's not worth it and it's so hard to get back to once your out of ketosis so just really think "what do I want most" food or to lose the weight quickly? I'm sure you will be fine just keep coming to see us ;)

GSQ's post is excellent.... that's what got me through the first week.. well that and the lovely people on here. There's always someone for support should you need it and reading the diaries gives you a good idea of the ups and downs of losing weight. Keeps any blips in perspective cos we all have them! As for feeling 'bad' ~ the first couple of days adrenaline got me through I think......... worst days were 4 and 5 for me but since the first week its been good. Just be prepared.......... hunger isn't a problem for a lot of people but the urge to eat can be very strong at times...... it does subside though. Good luck and welcome :)

Back