just been docs, question for cdc

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by xKimmiex, 2 April 2008 Social URL.

1. xKimmiex

xKimmiex Silver Member

Diet:
    Cambridge
    i just been to see my doc, she knows alot about this diet and lighterlife. I asked her if i could do this diet, and she said yes, she wants me to!, i told her what everyones said about not being able to do it for 3months after giving birth, she said she cant see any problem starting it after 6 weeks, aslong as i drink alot of water. She said she will write a letter for me, to give her permission to start it. Would the cdc accept a letter from my doc stating she gives her permission?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

ooh I hope so, don't see why not as the doc should be the expert but I guess one of them will tell you soon. Fantastic that she is so encouraging.

Good luck - which are you going to do? this or lighterlife?

4. spooky

spooky Banned

I very much doubt that CDC's would accept it. The 3 month rule is there for a reason. Its to allow your body to recover from the birth.
    The only thing I would suggest you do is ring Head Office and ask to speak to the medical officer for clarification.

5. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

oh bummer. good luck though

6. flirty40greeneyes

flirty40greeneyes Busy busy busy!!

Start Weight:
    15st3lb
    Current Weight:
    13st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(9.39%)
    Diet:
    Slim and Save
  7. xKimmiex

xKimmiex Silver Member

Diet:
    Cambridge
    i really hope they will. the doc knows about the 3month rule aswell. plannin to do cd. really want to, i cant wait 3months imo. but if i have to i will, but i may not be in the right frame of mind then. the doc offered me a band!!!! i want to try cd frist

8. Roosters

Roosters Silver Member

Start Weight:
    16st11.0lb
    Current Weight:
    15st13.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st12lb(5.11%)
    Diet:
    Slim and Save
    Sounds like you are in the right frame of mind to start a vlcd, so I hope you get the result you want from cdc. Sometimes when you mentaly feel ready to start something like this you have to pounce on the opportunity.. the thought that the determination might wain is scary so I really hope it's ok for you to start!

Good luck!!

9. annie_d

annie_d Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st12lb(5.97%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    Many years ago (24) i did it 2 weeks after the birth of my son. Felt great, looked great. I don't think i thought to ask if it was ok at the time, just jumped in. Having an op next thursday and will be starting ss within 48 hours. I understand the nature of cd and the reasons why things are done as they are, but i also know myself too, and what is best for me.

10. misscheeky

misscheeky Gold Member

kim, that is great news from you doctor. Let us know how u get on ringing the head office. Ive fingers crossed for u :)

11. xKimmiex

xKimmiex Silver Member

Diet:
    Cambridge
    i tried ringing head office, but Gill isnt in till friday =[
    Im so determend do this! i havent had fizzy pop or anything else apart from water since sunday! I have the forms, and it doesnt say anything about having a baby, just are you pregnant or breast feeding, which im not?
    ergh, anyone else out there to help me please?

12. CW Consultant

CW Consultant Gold Member

Using CD is contraindicated for three months after birth and longer if breastfreeding.

Your CDC would not be able to supply you with any CD for weightloss, only for nutrition, this would be on a 7 packs a week basis sold weekly and with Doctor signing form.

It takes a while to get over the birth of a baby and you need more protein than is in the diet to recover fully.

It does not appear on the current MRF, however, it has always been contraindicated for three months after giving birth.

Good healthy low GI eating will give you lots of energy and help you to lose weight.

13. xKimmiex

xKimmiex Silver Member

Diet:
    Cambridge
    so i cant do it yet? I just hope i dont give up when its june

14. CW Consultant

CW Consultant Gold Member

No not yet not until 12 weeks to give your body time to heal and recover from the birth.

Sensible low GI eating will make you feel great and give you lots of energy, you will still lose weight.

15. xKimmiex

xKimmiex Silver Member

Diet:
    Cambridge
    Im planning on starting the diet 29th may! woahh! not that long away, thank god!, going to see cdc on 28th [il be 12 weeks 23rd] and starting the 29th! i CAN NOT wait! i shall watch the slide show once a week to keep me motivated! im so scared that i wont be intrested then!, but im going to keep coming on here lol. Atleast i have a date now!
    My birthday is july 4th how much do you think i will have lost by then? #
    I JUST WANT TO SAY, EVERYONE IS BLOODY LOVELY ON HERE! and your so supportive! please help me do this lol

16. fat_2_fabulous

fat_2_fabulous Silver Member

Start Weight:
    19st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st5.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    6st9lb(34.96%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world extra easy
    hey kimmie!u will lose about a stone and a half by then!wooooooooooooooo.just eat healthy until then it will make it easier for u to cut everythin out completely!!!!!xx

17. xKimmiex

xKimmiex Silver Member

Diet:
    Cambridge
    Hey hun! Hoping to look as good as i can for my 18th! =] You look AMAZING! what size was you when you started? im a 24 on bottem and 20-22 on top, Want to get down to a size 12/14. It just seems so friggin far away lol

18. Avatar

MiniMins.com Advert

19. fat_2_fabulous

Start Weight:
    19st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st5.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    6st9lb(34.96%)
    Diet:
    hi love!i was a 22 when i started and now im a 12/14.it took me about 6 months so not so bad. how much u weigh now??xx

20. xKimmiex

xKimmiex Silver Member

Diet:
    Cambridge
    im 23stone8lb! shocked and disgusted with myself. How much do u weigh at a size 12-14? if you dont mind me asking, because thats what i want to get too, but no idea what weight that is lol also how tall are u? im 5ft8. I just looked at your blog, you look stunning!

21. fat_2_fabulous

Start Weight:
    19st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st5.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    6st9lb(34.96%)
    Diet:
    im 5 foot 7. im weighin the end of 12 stone but ive restarted yesterday so i wanna get to 11 stone. nearly 2 stone to loose!!!!!!thanks hun. honest once u get into it u wont ever look back!!!!xx

22. xKimmiex

xKimmiex Silver Member

Diet:
    Cambridge
    Right question!
    im 12weeks postnatal on 23rd may, Could i go to go the CDC on the 21st and start on the 22nd? Even though im not spot on 12weeks? was going to start the week after, but was thinking the extra week weightloss! could i do that?

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.