Just been put on antibiotics

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by louisa26, 13 September 2006 Social URL.

1. louisa26

louisa26 Full Member

Last tues i was mowing the lawn out the front and a swarm of flies starting biting my legs and i could actually feel them!

so after a lot of bite marks they became itchy so i left them to fri but by then the blood has come to the skin making it look like a big bruise round each one.
    they were very red and swollen too!

i went to my local walk in center for the nurses at the hospital and was told to keep elevated, cold compress and take antihistamine tablets

last night i didnt feel as tho they were getting any better and actually thought they were getting worse as now there are rashes and they are still itching like crazy so i went out and brought some cream for insect bites

today they were a nightmare so i went back to the walk in center as another nurse looked at both my legs and had to get a second opinion as she thought it was too serious for them to deal with
    second nurse came in and said they were probably horse flies and i have an infection from scratching so much and the cream may not have helped so they have now prescribed me with antibiotics and drawn round the infection with a pen to see if it rises and if it does i have to go to the doctors as they have prescribed me with the strongest antibiotics there are

i told them about the diet and the ones they have given me said i can take them on an empty stomach

:( feeling a bit sorry for myself

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. kati

kati Gold Member

Diet:
    Cambridge diet
    oh no that sounds awful!

I hope those antibiotics do the trick and ease it soon for you.

4. DQ

DQ Queen of the Damned

Don't blame you honey - big {{{HUGZ}}}

5. chicken on a mission

chicken on a mission Restarting to lose 4stone

Diet:
    LighterLife then CD
    As someone else that is very attractive all things that bite, I really feel for you :(

Shouldn't take too long for them to heal if the injection works and you can stop scratching ;)

6. Roch

Roch Minimins gal x

Start Weight:
    27st2lb
    Current Weight:
    25st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st0lb(7.37%)
    Diet:
    Low cal/low fat
    Hope they heal up soon hun xxx

7. Isobel1965

Isobel1965 Gold Member

OOh you poor honey!!!!

I do hope that it clears up soon for you! You must be feeling very uncomfortable!

I've been on SS whilst taking antibiotics and it was fine - just made me feel a little dizzy if I stood up too quickly.

Take care, hun!

8. boofaloo

boofaloo Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st3.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    Exante and exercise
    ouch ouch ouch! :( Hope the bites get better soon. xx

9. demon

demon Cambridge Diet Counsellor

That's horrid louisa - I've only once been bitten by a horse fly and it was really nasty. Sending you BIG [​IMG] and hope they clear up soon xxx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.