Just caved !!!

Kettyk

I've been on diet for 11 days and just had a packet if quavers....95 cals....feel so guilty now! Could have been worse....should I skip my last shake?? Helppppp x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com mobile app

Oh dear! Not to worry! It's only a little slip. Have your last shake, otherwise you won't be getting all the vitamins and minerals you need.

Tomorrows a new day! Xx

SW: 12 st 8. Wk 1: -2IBs

Thanks! Yeah I guess your right. I mean it's only day 11 but I've been 100% until now....how you finding it? X

don't beat yourself up - its happened and you can't change it - but don't do a bessie special and use it as an excuse to go mad and eat for england for the rest of the day - get straight back onto plan with your shake and carry on!!

Look at it this way: even if it had been 950 calories it's likely you still would have been below the daily calorie intake for someone of your height! A mere 95 won't have done you much harm. :) (I'm not advocating that you do it every day, because I think that's unhelpful mentally, but as you've already done it I would heed every word of Bessie's brilliant advice and let it go!)

A pack of quavers is nothing. Today My mum made my favourite rhubarb pie and I couldn't resist. And a dollop of cream on the side. Does anyone know if this Will knock me out of ketosis? I'm on day 12. This has been my only slip. X

Ellied43, I guess it all depends on how easily you slip in and out of ketosis. I shouldn't have thought a one off would do that much harm, because you'll have burnt those calories off by this time tomorrow.

Hannah, for what it's worth (although I'm not sure if this will make you feel better or worse!), it took me three weeks to stop being hungry!

Thanks for the messages girls as I'm new to this site and haven't really posted much.

Yeah beaten myself up a bit too much on the quavers. I lost 9lbs in first week so thought this would motivate me so maybe in my mind I thought I could cheat a bit. I know it's bad so just getting straight back on it tomorrow.

I did miss my last shake because of the guilt...I know I should have had it but just stocking up on the water intake.

Tomorrow day 12.....and then Tuesday my second weigh in, having it a couple of days early to fit in but hope its a little loss as just got weighed Friday.

Had a bad taste in my mouth for couple of days but its gone now...anyone else had it? My Cambridge consultant says this is normal.... XXX

Completely normal! Mine comes and goes too. It's one of the side effects of ketosis. The yellow gunk forming on your tongue is (I think, but maybe a scientist will back me up) acetone, one of the ketones produced as a by-product of the diet, and that's responsible for the taste. Mouthwash is your friend. ;-) Or you can have sugar-free gum, but some say the act of chewing can make you hungrier and thus make it more difficult to stick to the diet.

I'm used to it now and it comes and goes but I can put up with that as long as I keep losing. Went for a sunbed tonight and lay down and couldn't believe how my stomach felt like it wasn't mine....flatter! Yay!

Back