Just for Fun...

yvonne85

need to be old goofy me
... and a laugh! What's you most embarassing moment(s)? I doubt there's many of us who haven't made an eejit of ourselves at one stage or another! So i thought i'd start a thread that'll hopefully keep us entertained for a while. :D

Mine are:

1. Several years ago coming out through the automatic doors of Woolworths, only apparently i was invisible, and they closed on me as i was walking through, leaving me stuck between them, and struggling to get free. To make matters worse there was a group of teenagers standing outside who saw the whole thing and found it highly entertaining. Mortified wouldn't be the word.

2. I was out one day with a mate, she was driving her car, and we pulled up outside a shop. I went in while she waited in the car. When i came out i jumped back into her car... only to look over and see an elderly man in the driving seat. Turned out, it wasn't her car!! She'd moved down a few spaces while i'd been in the shop ['cos people have a habit of double parking at that spot and she didn't want jammed in]. Meanwhile this man had pulled into the space, in exactly the same colour and make of car! I hadn't thought to double check it was hers... Needless to say i made an embarassed hasty exist, while the man looked on at me in bewilderment.

meh, looks like no-one's got any good stories, or you's are all to chi...chi...chicken to tell. :D:p

I can only think of one at the mo...more will probably come to me later on :p

Me and my brother n sister sometimes call our mum "lil mama" when we are being childish etc. One day she rang me to say she would be home from work soon and had had a really bad day. So when there was a knock at the door 5 mins later I ran to open it and held my arms open as if to hug her and shouted "Aww poor lil mama" at the top of my voice. Well...you can guess the rest...it turned out to be a man checking our gas. He backed away quite quickly and then managed to check our meter without taking an eye off of the crazy girl who had shouted and tried to hug him at the door!:hide:

Lol good thread!!!!! This is one of my many!!!! Not long after I gave birth my wee guy had really really bad dry skin. It needed olive oil on it. the medical stuff. I had stiches(ouch ouch ouch) so asked hubby to go out and get it cause I was walking a la cowboy. So off he went and came back from Asda witha bottle of Bertolli Olive Oil!!! God luv him. I decided to go to the chemist. 2 days after giving birth...... I was hormone city. Anyway off I go. Hair looking like bride of fankenstien, pjs on, slippers, and a big black mac. Got to the chemist, it was Xmas eve and the police were out in force. I parked in a no parking bay cause it was close and I couldn't walk. up comes the police. "you can't park there!" Me bursts into tears, And says " I gave birth a few days ago and I need olive oil!!!! In my best mad woman in pjs voice! They just let me go on about my business. But I cringe like mad when i think about it.

I can only think of one at the mo...more will probably come to me later on :p

Me and my brother n sister sometimes call our mum "lil mama" when we are being childish etc. One day she rang me to say she would be home from work soon and had had a really bad day. So when there was a knock at the door 5 mins later I ran to open it and held my arms open as if to hug her and shouted "Aww poor lil mama" at the top of my voice. Well...you can guess the rest...it turned out to be a man checking our gas. He backed away quite quickly and then managed to check our meter without taking an eye off of the crazy girl who had shouted and tried to hug him at the door!:hide:

lmao! That's a good one! :giggle:

Today I made a complete plank of myself! My OH, DD1 & I were waiting at the bus stop & an aquaintance of OH walked past, stopped & said to OH

"What are you doing here"
Before I knew it "Waiting for a BUS!" and an expletive were out of my mouth.
Neither he or my OH appeared to have heard me but DD1 tried to tell me off for being so rude & loud but neither she or I could stop laughing & by the time the bus arrived EVERYONE was looking at us as if we were completely mad.

But I ask you - what else would you be doing at a BUS STOP?

Lol good thread!!!!! This is one of my many!!!! Not long after I gave birth my wee guy had really really bad dry skin. It needed olive oil on it. the medical stuff. I had stiches(ouch ouch ouch) so asked hubby to go out and get it cause I was walking a la cowboy. So off he went and came back from Asda witha bottle of Bertolli Olive Oil!!! God luv him. I decided to go to the chemist. 2 days after giving birth...... I was hormone city. Anyway off I go. Hair looking like bride of fankenstien, pjs on, slippers, and a big black mac. Got to the chemist, it was Xmas eve and the police were out in force. I parked in a no parking bay cause it was close and I couldn't walk. up comes the police. "you can't park there!" Me bursts into tears, And says " I gave birth a few days ago and I need olive oil!!!! In my best mad woman in pjs voice! They just let me go on about my business. But I cringe like mad when i think about it.

I don't know whats more more hilarious; your OH coming home with Bertolli oil!!, or the image of you with "hair like bride of fankenstien, pjs on, slippers, and a big black mac..." :D Cringeworthy but funny now!! lol

Haha, hard to stop yourself sometimes!

I used to have a job in a grocery store and this woman came in and looked at Hartleys Jam and asked me how old the fruit was in it. Before i caught myself on... i sarcastically came out with... "Hold on, I'll phone my buddy at hartleys and find out(!)". :eek:

Today I made a complete plank of myself! My OH, DD1 & I were waiting at the bus stop & an aquaintance of OH walked past, stopped & said to OH

"What are you doing here"
Before I knew it "Waiting for a BUS!" and an expletive were out of my mouth.
Neither he or my OH appeared to have heard me but DD1 tried to tell me off for being so rude & loud but neither she or I could stop laughing & by the time the bus arrived EVERYONE was looking at us as if we were completely mad.

:rotflmao: Classic!!!!!!!!!!

one day i was trying on a top in m&s and i could not get it of for the life of me. it went on no prob but i cudnt get it of!! i rang the bell for help and i said to the girl i cant get this of have you got a scissors and il cut it of and pay for it. OMG I was MORTIFIED. she came back with a scissors. she said are your sure you cant pull it of i said NO err ive been here for 15 mins trying!!!!! she could it and i paid for it. needles to say i havent been back in that m&s. This was about a yr ago!!

I am a HUGE Michael Ball fan & did the obligatory stage door groupir thing! Anyway, a friend & I went to the stage door to wait for Michael one ay & were very early so decided t go to the pub over the road for a drink.
We were in there a little while when I glanced out the window & saw Michael coming up the road to which I announced (rather loudly!) "He's coming" ... :eek:
We shot out of the pub, ran round the corner & hurled ourselves in his direction. I hurled myself a little too much, skidded across the cobbly paving & smacked right into him!! :eek:
Ever the gent, he steadied me, smiled that dimply smile & just said "Hello girls!"
Ooops! :eek::p

Back