Pregnancy Just found out I'm pregnant- will I still lose weight?

PregnantSW

Hi Everyone,

I'm a regular user of this forum but I've created another username so that people aren't aware of my pregnancy until I'm ready to announce it properly :)

I've just found out im pregnant. It'll be our first baby God willing.

I've lost 5st12lbs with slimming world already and I still have 4st12lbs to target.

My question is, like I'm sure everyone has here..

Can I still continue to lose weight and will I continue to lose weight during pregnancy as long as I stay on plan?

Thank you :)

Hi! Congratulations!! I'm lurking here as TTC so since i-m not pregnant or ever have been pregnant, I'm probably not the best person to give advice!!

However through my extensive googling about pregnancy and weight loss (I have the same concerns!) it would appear that it's definitely possible to lose in the first trimester and thereafter it seems more about minimising the damage!!

Be interested to read other responses x

Hi! Congratulations!! I'm lurking here as TTC so since i-m not pregnant or ever have been pregnant, I'm probably not the best person to give advice!! However through my extensive googling about pregnancy and weight loss (I have the same concerns!) it would appear that it's definitely possible to lose in the first trimester and thereafter it seems more about minimising the damage!! Be interested to read other responses x

Hey, thank you :)

That's my plan. To lose as much as I can (healthily of course) in the first trimester and then maintain after that.

Thank you for your reply x

No worries, hope I'll be able to join you here sometime soon!! Good luck in your pregnancy xx

Yes you defo can loose weight I joined slimming world found out I was pregnant a week later I'm 21 weeks now and lost nearly a stone. I've stuck to plan made loads of meals in my slow cooker cos I was too sick to cook and froze them for days I didn't feel like eating but didn't want my fella to starve and it worked for me. I ate loads of Shepard's pie, chilli con carne. Spag Bol, chicken chassure. Chicken wrapped in bacon with cream
Cheese in the middle and added loads of veg or salad. I was never hungry. It's only been this week I've gone off plan due to being busy in the evenings and giving in to my fella saying lets get a take away.
I'm back on it now slimming world quiche for dinner and Shepard's pie for tea.
My healthy peegnancy nurse I have to see because of my bmi will give me some free slimming world vouchers after 23 weeks so you might get them if you ask. Good luck. Xxxx

I am 7.5 weeks pregnant and lost 1 stone not long after joining! just found out Im expecting so a pleasant shock. Going to stick to slimming world throughout to minimise damage! Not exactly at right weight for pregnancy anyhow :) x

I am 7.5 weeks pregnant and lost 1 stone not long after joining! just found out Im expecting so a pleasant shock. Going to stick to slimming world throughout to minimise damage! Not exactly at right weight for pregnancy anyhow :) x
Good luck.
I'm 31 weeks now I've been putting on here and there but not put on what I lost when I first got pregnant I was 15.10 and I got down to 14.11 I've gone back up to 15.5 now so I think I've done ok think I've put on 8lb so if that is all baby and pregnancy related I'm hoping to be back in the 14s when I have the baby.
I have 8 weeks left so I'm eating loads of salad and having no chocolate or sugar and drinking more water so hopefully I won't put in anymore.
Good luck with your pregnancy and health eating xx

Back