Just found something in my bar... *resolved! :)*

Predator

Silver Member
Hi all, was just happily eating away at my toffee, nut and raisin bar, until I spotted what looked like a large blob of marshmellow the size of a raisin inside the bar... I'm at work at the minute and asked a colleague what he thinks it is, and after a few minutes of poking and prodding it, we decided that it actually looks like polystyrene :S

I took some pictures on my phone but can't upload them yet, I will upload them as soon as possible lol, also going to send Exante an e-mail. Its kinda grossed me out a bit as it looks like I've bitten a chunk out of whatever it is. :confused:

Well, I managed to e-mail the pics to Exante and they responded very quickly (within an hour), here is what they wrote:

Dear Aaron

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused, and thank you for emailing over the very clear photographs. Our manufacturers have been made aware of this and from all accounts it would seem that you have unfortunately had a bar that contained a larger than normal piece of ingredient that would normally have been evenly distributed throughout the bar. The ingredient appears to be the Vitamin Mix that is used in the blending process and would normally be broken down throughout the bar.

As well as offering you our sincere apologies we would also like to offer you some replacement bar products. Please email with any preference you have and I will arrange for the product to be sent to you.

Kind Regards
Exante Diet - Customer Care

So not only did they find out what it was, they are even going to replace it, awesome :) thanks Exante!

Great result. I must admit Ive always found Exantes customer service absolutely excellent. Ive always had a personal reply within a matter of hours :)

I sometimes find neon blue bits in the bars that I assume are some sort of vitamin but maybe I should double check incase it isn't! Good result with the bar replacement.

I sometimes find neon blue bits in the bars that I assume are some sort of vitamin but maybe I should double check incase it isn't! Good result with the bar replacement.

I had one of those floating in my banana shake... i thought my son had thrown something in my cup :giggle:

Yep had something blue floating in a banana shake once. Anything to help me fill fuller so it was a bonus.

On day three I was wishing for a fly to land in it for something to eat lol joke

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Great result. I must admit Ive always found Exantes customer service absolutely excellent. Ive always had a personal reply within a matter of hours :)

And me. :)
One of the better customer services I reckon :)

Glad its resolved Aaron :)

Aaron,
I was half way through a toffee nut etc when I read your post this morning. I spent the following twenty minutes pulling each crispie apart looking for... well.... I'm not quite sure what I was looking for....... something lumpy.......and note I ate the bar anyway.......polystyrene doesn't contain carbs I thought so what the hay....but I examined each crispie very carefully....
Anyhoo... Might have had a faster breakfast if you hadn't gone all ""Theres-a-fly-in-my-soup" on us. And exante should give us all a few free bars in light of the shock upset dismay and cringing we all felt this morning........Is anyone listening..?

Bellerine

(LOL)

Aaron,
I was half way through a toffee nut etc when I read your post this morning. I spent the following twenty minutes pulling each crispie apart looking for... well.... I'm not quite sure what I was looking for....... something lumpy.......and note I ate the bar anyway.......polystyrene doesn't contain carbs I thought so what the hay....but I examined each crispie very carefully....
Anyhoo... Might have had a faster breakfast if you hadn't gone all ""Theres-a-fly-in-my-soup" on us. And exante should give us all a few free bars in light of the shock upset dismay and cringing we all felt this morning........Is anyone listening..?

Bellerine

(LOL)

As long as they only send us bars and not banana shake!!! :giggle:

Hahahahaha Bellerine, I tend to eat my bar a bit at a time anyway, or at least the toffee ones as I don't think they are the best tasting...!

They are sending me some Orange flavoured bars though!! Yay

Dear mr exante. In light of the positive response always received from your friend mr delmonte I'm hoping you might also Say yes to my humble request to rename banana shakes 'don't eat this - may cause nausea' which in my humble opinion would be more fitting description and therefore more compliant with euro regulations on product descriptions.

Kind regards and well done for sending the nice bars to Aaron

Bellerine

Back