Just Got Started

pmb

Hi, Guys,

I started CD yesterday so far so good

Just trying all the shakes and soups to see what I like, so far like the cappuccino and vanilla, not to sure about the orange winter spice, of fruits of the forest. Don’t think I’ll be having the chilli soup again.

I’m doing SS and I’m having 4 shakes etc a day as I’m a man :p

I was thinking of having a shake for breakfast and lunch then a soup and a shake or bar (when I’m allowed), in the evening, do you think that will be okay or will I get hungry during the day.

After reading other posting I wondered if I am paying to much? I’m paying £55 a week that seems more that you guys for 4 shakes a day.:confused:

Also on my first counselling, I only got my food packs and a small managing your weight booklet, I had hoped for more information.

Do I need a CD shake (never mentioned)? Is a blender essential? What’s the best way to mix you shake/soup, and with how much water? How do you come on at work? (of work at present)

And now the main question are there many men on this site? Although I’m use to been out numbered working in a female nominated profession (Nursing), and hen pecked my the wife.

Last edited:
theres a few guys about pmb ( so dont panic lol ) you dont need a shaker if you have a blender but it may be good to take to work ect you will get all the info you need on here im sure .... :) drink lots and lots of water and you will be fine wish you all the best xx

Hello

Man here!

I too started again this week

Over the years I have lost around 4 stone on CD - so go for it

Want to lose another one this year so did April for a month and lost a net half stone

Doing this month to lose another bit

This works for me

I have 2 pints of water at breakfast

Tetra when i get to work

A coffee with a bit of skimmed milk and a crunch bar for lunch

Another Tetra at 4pm

And a shake/soup at supper time

I also exercise quite a bit - either cycle to work and back or a 40 minute swim and some sit ups - so i drink probably 4 - 5 litres of water a day - gulp!!!! - the weight flies off though

I will lose a stone easily in the next three weeks, but my lifestyle means I will probably regain some of it - but not all - so my weight is slowly but surely going down

Was 18 stone - now 14 stone and falling - Yay!

Good luck

biffo

Thanks Guys.

I,ve got at least 7 stone to lose

Day 2 feeling hungry

Last edited:
welcome! You will feel hungry until ketosis sets in, then you really wont feel hungry at all. You might get cravings, but you shouldnt be hungry. Stay on here and you'll get lots of advice and support :)

keep drinking loads of water, once ketosis kicks in you will feel all warm, euphoric and happy

and once the first stone is shifted (which won't be long!) you'll feel even better

BELIEVE!

Hi Love

Just though I would pop up and say hello and wish you well. it does get easier (coming from a 1 weeker!!!)

That was a lot of questions you asked and re the mixing I bought from Tesco's a value hand blender theng which cost me what £4 and mixes them nicely, better than the shaker which is the same price so if you have access to electrics at work def take it (do you have a kitehn or locker you can leave it there just for when at work?) and the few times you dont have electrics just get tetras.

I mix ine with 300ml of water, its not to thick and not too watery for me, you will find what you like best as long as you have the minimum.

Good Luck

i have to say the hand blender is prob the best way i found. we are ok at work as we have access to a kitchen but im still gonna take in tetra briks as i think they are more convenient, and i find i drink more water when im at work so am able to compensate for the loss of fluid in them.

Back