Just had an S&S bar binge :(

Lord LuLu

I've been doing really well on a combo of S&S and Exante having lost over three stone, I would never consider 'cheating' by eating normal food although I have had a few planned days off I have got straight back on the wagon with no messing.

I ordered the new bars which came today and tried one, then another, then another, then another :eek: Half way through I also ate three bags of pork scratchings (zero carbs so had them in the cupboard as 'treats'). I'm disgusted with myself :mad: I probably ate 1500 calories in total which is still reasonably 'low cal' considering they say an average person needs 2000 cals per day but it's not right, all my will power just seemed to melt away and then I was telling myself that it was better to eat them all tonight as that way at least I wouldn't be able to cheat tomorrow as I ate the last of the pork scratchings and now only have one bar left.

:(

Perhaps it is good that you only have one bar left? If you have a problem resisting the bars then don't have them. Stick to the meals and shakes. The most important thing is not beating yourself up for lapsing (that only leads to feeling bad and then more lapsing to make yourself feel better) but learning something from the lapse. Why did you lapse? How were you feeling at the time - happy/sad/emptional/tierd/bored? What could you do next time yu feel that way instead of eating? It's learning these lessons which will allow you to maintain in the long term.

wow I thought pork scratchings would of been really bad as they are pure fat aren't they?

i agree with Weasey if it's too much tempation dont order them, i nearly did same today but thankfully i stopped myself just in time, or do what ive done, ive got OH to hide them and under strict instructions im only allowed one a day lol.

Catdog xx

Thanks all, I think i'm going to have to stop the bars altogether. I've had two in one day before (I know they say not to but it hadn't affected my losses/ketosis) but they seem to be my weakness :eek: Before anyone had replied I went and ate the last bar so thankfully have none left now :eek:

I wasn't feeling anything in particular, just really fancied them and wanted to try the new ones. They're too nice!

Incidentally, having tried all the bars now ('only' ate the new ones tonight) I rank them in the following order:

Milk Truffa
Dark Truffa
Praline
Vanilla & Almond
Lemon
Coconut
Maple, fruits, almond
Muesli

I guess the only saving grace is that I know I will be back to 100% tomorrow as there are no longer any temptations. There is no way I would ruin it by eating 'normal' food, the old me might have used this as an excuse to have the weekend off so at least I've changed a little bit. Still gutted at my greediness though :eek:

P.S Pork scratchings are trace carbs and if you have one bag not too bad fat/calorie wise (140 cals, 7g fat). I don't think I'm going to buy any more of those either though as while I'm being food deprived they seem to be a weakness.

I know i find them tempting, when my box comes Am going to put them all bar one in the freezer. can't eat them then without thinking it through and thawing!!

Chin up hun Xx if they a trigger just have to keep them to a minimum

Thanks all, I think i'm going to have to stop the bars altogether. I've had two in one day before (I know they say not to but it hadn't affected my losses/ketosis) but they seem to be my weakness :eek: Before anyone had replied I went and ate the last bar so thankfully have none left now :eek:

I wasn't feeling anything in particular, just really fancied them and wanted to try the new ones. They're too nice!

Incidentally, having tried all the bars now ('only' ate the new ones tonight) I rank them in the following order:

Milk Truffa
Dark Truffa
Praline
Vanilla & Almond
Lemon
Coconut
Maple, fruits, almond
Muesli

I guess the only saving grace is that I know I will be back to 100% tomorrow as there are no longer any temptations. There is no way I would ruin it by eating 'normal' food, the old me might have used this as an excuse to have the weekend off so at least I've changed a little bit. Still gutted at my greediness though :eek:

P.S Pork scratchings are trace carbs and if you have one bag not too bad fat/calorie wise (140 cals, 7g fat). I don't think I'm going to buy any more of those either though as while I'm being food deprived they seem to be a weakness.

Good on ye for being so focused to getting back on tomorra chick and not letting it bring you off completely:party0011: todays done with now, dont dwell on it just look ahead, i think decision not to order any more is for the best, well done you :)

Catdog xx

What do people think... Should I weigh myself tomorrow (am daily weighing at the moment as find it quite motivating) to see what damage I've done or should I forget about weighing over the weekend and weigh on Monday which is my main weigh in day? I also started TOTM today so may well have gained anyway.

What do people think... Should I weigh myself tomorrow (am daily weighing at the moment as find it quite motivating) to see what damage I've done or should I forget about weighing over the weekend and weigh on Monday which is my main weigh in day? I also started TOTM today so may well have gained anyway.

ide wait chick, even though you know reason why it can be demotivating seeing it on scales.

Catdog xx

Decisions, decisions! I haven't always been a daily weigher and before I discovered VLCD I would have said daily weighing was ridiculous and a bit obsessive - now I've joined the ranks as the weight comes off so quickly I find it very motivating to see it coming off each day.

Thing is I gained yesterday which was likely due to TOTM so I think I'm quite likely to have gained again.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back