just had cheese and broc soup (ahhhh)

carlax

just had cheese and broc soup and was nearly sick . im lovin the shakes and the veg soup but not this one ,
i ask my cdc if she had leek and pot for me to try but she said we cant get them here ,can anyone let me know if there nice and if there cdc has them tar xx:eek:

oh i keep away from the shakes when i cone cd,all i liked was the bars and the choc tetras!!

just had cheese and broc soup and was nearly sick . im lovin the shakes and the veg soup but not this one ,
i ask my cdc if she had leek and pot for me to try but she said we cant get them here ,can anyone let me know if there nice and if there cdc has them tar xx:eek:

I dont like the cheese and brocolli soup either.
I notice that you are in Brighton. There is no reason that your CDC cant get the Leek & Pot soup. They just order it with all the other flavours. (puzzled)

Leek and potato is very nice, as is veg, mushroom, chicken & mushroon, oriental chilli - the only one i can't stomach is cheese and broccolli. Ugh!
x

My CDC said to stay away from cheese & broc... she said you either love it or hate it (bit like Marmite) but most people hate it! Lol!

Does anyone have any advise on how to mix up the soups? I had my first chik n mush soup last night and I even whisked it up but it still tasted a bit powdery.... any tips on how to get rid of the powdery taste??
(Apart from that the chix & mush tasted quite nice... just like normal cuppa soups you get but with a creamier consistency...)

i'm with you on the cheese and broccoli one - yuk!!! my fav is the oriental chilli but i like to leek and pot as well. I empty the contents into a saucepan, measure out 10 oz cold water, add a little water to the mix and make a paste then gradually add the rest of the water whilst heating it up on the hob, stirring all the time. just before it boils i pour it into a bowl add some pepper and eat(!) with a spoon!!!!! Works for me!

Ahhhhh... thanks for the advice!! By the time I'd whisked all the lumps out it wasn't very hot. Will def try out your method tonight! Thanks! x ;)

thanks everyone i thought i was just been fussy lol

I have given up with the soups as I have finally accepted that I hate them :D I missed 6 meals last week because I just couldn't face the soups, which is stupid I know. The cheese one is vile and the veg one made me sick, so I give up for now. The way that I made them though is to put in a jug with a little cold water to mix into a paste with, then topped up hot water from the kettle and blitz with the hand blender, the textures fine, but I just don't like the taste.

Only one I don't like is cheese & broc pot & leek very nice tho!

Does anyone have any advise on how to mix up the soups? I had my first chik n mush soup last night and I even whisked it up but it still tasted a bit powdery.... any tips on how to get rid of the powdery taste??

Have you tried making it up in a cup rather than using a blender, I didnt like it made in the blender, but I usually make 2 cups out of a pack, I put half the contents in, with a bit of cold water, stir till the lumps are gone and then top it up with hot water. Its much nicer

I'm in the minority then!! I like the cheese & broc, but cant stand the veg or C&M. I do tend to favour the shakes rather than soups tho. Today, afer work I blizted a choc tetra in the blender with some ice cubes, sat in the garden in the sun and thoroughly enjoyed it!! mmmmmmmmmmmm-----delish!!

I tried the soup in a saucepan today - mixing into a paste first with cold water. It was delish!! Had a big bowl and now I'm going to bed satisfied! Thanks for the advice everyone! (Much prefer the tertas - choc is the best!) Not even going to try the cheese and broc soup... might try the oriental chille though as that seems to be a good one. xx

I tried the soup in a saucepan today - mixing into a paste first with cold water. It was delish!! Had a big bowl and now I'm going to bed satisfied! Thanks for the advice everyone! (Much prefer the tetras - choc is the best!) Not even going to try the cheese and broc soup... might try the oriental chilli though as that seems to be a good one. xx

Back