Just had my first shake!!!!

SophieLiz

as of today im joining you guys!!! Ive got about 6 stone to loose and im not sure if im excited or scared about this!

Ive always been overweight but after having 2 chidren in the past 2 yrs ive piled weight on and i really dont want my boys to have a fat Mummy forever so have decided i really need to do something about it.

just had my first shake and was quite suprised that it actually tasted ok! how are the products? are there any you would warn me to stay away from because they taste fowl?

also do you all have a 4 weekly food break? i know that with other VLCD you dont have to do this and was wondering if i could get away with no doing it?

Hi and welcome! :D

Well done on making the first step in your weight loss journey! :) I found out through this site that everyone's taste is very different so its best to try everything and decide for yourself what works best for you. I love the choc shake whereas there are quite a few on here who can't stand them.

I found if you dislike a particular flavour that you can make it more palatable by making it up with hot water and adding some coffee or sweetener granules or by making the shakes up with crushed ice and chilled water.

The exante bars are not everyone's cup of tea, they can be substituted for tesco ultra slim bars or biggest loser bars (not the snack size ones)

As for the 4 weekly food break, I personally have never done a full week food break. I tried one day with a meal once and found it so hard to get back to total solution so I decided against it, although it is recommended that you do it :)

I hope this long ramble has helped a little. Good luck on your weight loss journey xx

Well done on your first shake!

The reason there is a weekly break is so that your body doesn't think it is starving on the 600 calories and goes into starvation mode. It basically boosts your metabolic rate a little so that you can keep going at the lower calorie rate for longer.

However a lot people find that doing the break puts a halt to the routine and find it very difficult to keep with it and end up giving up.

it is all down to how you feel. i would suggest you try just adding one meal a day of high protein, low carb and low fat and see how you feel.

Lighter Life suggest a weeks break as well, don't know about the others.

Hope this helps.

Artdeco

I have an overwhelming urge to eat my own arm!!!!

how long does it normally take for ketosis to kick in? and does it actually make you feel less hungry or do you just get used to it? I was doing ok untill about 6 this evening had my last pack at 7ish but im still starving!!!!

It normally takes me about 3-4 days to get in K n yes it defo suppresses appetite however the cravings are the hardest thing as although you're no longer physically feeling the hunger as much u have to get yr head in the right place to get thru the cravings but that's where this site is amazing for support. Stick with it, it does get easier. I'm restarting after a 2.5yr break n only on day two myself. Make sure u drink plenty of water to help fill the gaps between meals. Fizzy water helps me a bit with this so could be worth a try.

Back