Just had the yummiest dinner

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by Woxywoo, 17 June 2009 Social URL.

1. Woxywoo

Woxywoo Full Member

Diet:
    my own/healthy eating
    Just had a really simple and scrummy jacket potato with a can of mushy peas and lashings of hendersons relish.

Can't find any info about the relish tho so don't know if it has syns, don't suppose anyone on here knows if it does please ????

Am so full up now, can't wait to have it again tomorrow :D:D:D

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. jaylou

jaylou Gold Member

Jacket pot and mushy peas is a fave of many but not me! Also popular is having it with mint sauce.

I love jackets and I love mushy peas but the two of them together just doesn't float my boat!!

ps - looked for the relish on the SW site, it doesn't recognise Henderson's???

4. Lianne86

Lianne86 Member

Start Weight:
    12st6lb
    Current Weight:
    12st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Yeah i had a quick look too - could only find relish under the non-branded section. It says:

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Basic/Non Branded Foods Dressing, Relish, all varieties 1 level tbsp
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][​IMG][/FONT] Original 1 Syns [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][​IMG][/FONT] Green 1 Syns[/FONT]​

5. razzledazzle

razzledazzle Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st6lb
    Current Weight:
    13st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4lb(2.13%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hiya, oooh Hendersons ....... love it!! You can only easily buy it in Yorkshire or in Booths supermarkets (well, in our experience), and Booths isn't listed on the SW site either.

I'd never heard of it (Hendersons that is, not Booths) until I met my husband (He's a yorkie, I'm a Lancy lass) and now I'm hooked on the stuff.

I presumed it would be synned similarly to Lee & Perrins / Balsamic vinegar which are both free (I think)!

Jx

6. razzledazzle

razzledazzle Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st6lb
    Current Weight:
    13st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4lb(2.13%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Yeah, just checked:

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Lea & Perrins Worcestershire Sauce^^ 100ml[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
    [/FONT]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][​IMG][/FONT] Original Free [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][​IMG][/FONT] Green Free[/FONT]
    [/FONT]​

(well it tastes similar, to me).

J x

7. Woxywoo

Woxywoo Full Member

Diet:
    my own/healthy eating
    Oh well thanks everyone for looking :eek:

I thought it would be free like lea and perrins too razzledazzle, that's why I sploshed plenty on :D:D Surely it won't be many syns if it has any.

Never had mushy peas and jacket potato before until my friend mentioned it and thought it sounds weird but I'll give it a try........glad I did now. xxx

8. judimac

judimac Mad old Bat with Attitude

Start Weight:
    14st5lb
    Diet:
    WW
    I often have marrowfats with my baked potato. Everyone at work pull their faces, but to me it's no different to them having baked beans. We always used to have mint sauce on our mushy peas at home. Ah nostalgia!

9. Donnie46

Donnie46 Slow but sure....

Start Weight:
    22st0lb
    Current Weight:
    19st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st7lb(11.36%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World - Green Days only.
    Maybe it's popular in the area where you live but I have never heard of Hendersons Relish, can you tell me what it is please?

10. sarahandmolly

sarahandmolly Gold Member

Start Weight:
    12st7lb
    Current Weight:
    11st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st13lb(7.43%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I have mushy peas with lashings of mint sauce with my jackets :drool:

11. Woxywoo

Woxywoo Full Member

Diet:
    my own/healthy eating
    :eat:mmmmm mint sauce and mushy peas:eat:

Donnie46, hendersons relish is made in Sheffield, not sure if it's available around the country or just yorkshire. It's like worcestershire sauce but without the hotness, it's still spicy but more tangy and is so nice in corned beef hash too. xxx

12. Xassy

Xassy Silver Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    I've never understood the love of mushy peas. They make me think of babyfood! :eek:

13. Diligent slimmer

Diligent slimmer New Member

Start Weight:
    12st0lb
    Current Weight:
    11st4.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st8.0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10lb(5.95%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    Hi I live in Sheffield and used Worcester sauce but found out it has Anchovies in it so it put me off....would live to know the syn value of Henderson's relish everyone loves it here.....hope it's free

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.