Just joined a class but dont think i'll go back !

I've been to classes like the one charley was talking about. One of them was especially aggravating because alot of the women didn't seem to have any more than 10lbs to lose and its not that they had lost a significant amount already. So the n I really felt out of place. I think that's why I've had much more success when I had a good support forum online. Plus you online its there whenever you need, not just once a week.

Anyway honestly if I were you I'd call them back and tell them what you think, or mail about how unfriendly. Maybe they'll realize and not do that to the next person.

Something similar happened to me. That's kind of why I'm here now. It was great when I joined but they didn't write down a target weight for me either and at the weigh ins the consultant would sit at her desk texting.. Not really paying attention, ya know?

At my group you tell the consultant when you feel ready to set a target figure not that the consultant tells you. Its what you feel comfy with and when youre ready. Obviously if someone is within healthy range and getting towards the bottom then the c will mention "have you thought about setting target" but the actual figure is up to the member. The target figure is set on the pda by your consultant when and only when you feel ready.:)

If you pick a target, can you change it later? I have never been smaller than a size 12/14 (11/12 stone) but I know I need to get smaller than that, but exactly how much is hard to tell. I think 9-9 1/2, but if i'm happier with a higher or lower weight, can I change my target?

My C didn't mention my target until last WI, because when I joined I had a good 7 stone or so to lose. As for readjusting your target, I've read somewhere that it might be difficult to keep resetting your target because it cocks up the system.

Ah thats understandable! I think i'll wait until I get the bulk of my weight off and then set my target when i'm around 9.5/10 stone. I *think* my target will be 9 stone but its hard to know for sure until I get closer to that weight, I have a lot to lose first! x

You can reset your target later if you decide to lose more but it has to be 7lbs difference.

The consultant CAN override this if the situation warrants it ( such as a tummy tuck after setting target would drop you 4-5 lbs out of target. )

Sent from my iPod touch using MiniMins

That's awful, I'm sure it took alot to actually join up. I had the complet opposite experience, everyone was so friendly and supportive. It definately makes a difference.x

Back