Just joined today....marrying in June 2012 6st to loose!!!

Hi Everyone :wavey:
I have just joined.
I started the Exante diet last Friday and need to loose 6 stone BUT to be honest if I loose 3 1/2 I will be over the moon.
I am hungry :eat: all the time!!??!! But I have been sooooo good. Not strayed once. Trouble is I'm like a woman possessed............Don't mess with a woman that can't eat chocolate :rant2:
Anyway looking forward to my first weigh in on friday.....I MUST have lost something.:wavey:

Best of Luck!! It's hard but it CAN be done! When in June are you getting married? I'm getting married on the 30th.:)

Good luck! :)

Hi There New Life for Me

Hi There,:bighug:

Thanks for the post.

I'm getting married on the 8th June it's a Friday (worked out quite a bit cheaper).

So how far have you got with your preparations? Are you doing it all yourself?

I have done quite a bit so far .....and enjoying every minute of it. :princess:
So how much weight are you trying to loose?

Regards
Linda

hiya
I'm a june 2012 bride too & am aiming to loose another 1.5stone on top of the almost 1stone i've off now...13.5lb this week!!!
How are you doing?

Good luck I am getting married in May and would love to lose 3 stone or 2 dress sizes. Hope you achieve your goal and I know what you mean about chocolate my fall down is white bread (oh and wine LOL)

Hi, I get married on June 8th 2012 too... I ideally need to lose 5 stone but would be happy with 3-4 by then. I've just re-joined slimming world and invested in some good scales as I will be doing it without a group to go to. I have ordered my dress too so the pressure is on but somethings shifted in my mindset, I feel really determined to get there now.

It's stressful managing work, wedding planning and losing weight successfully so we could all use help and support from eachother!!! How is everyone planning to lose their weight? programmes, exercise, old fashioned calorie counting? How are you all managing juggling the planning, work and weight loss?

I have another stone to go, by March. Which is achievable, but really by Jan for the dress fittings.

Have you all got your wedding plans in place?

Hi,

Yeah we have our plan pretty much in place, just have to finish paying for it and theres a few little extras, but the big stuff is more or less sorted. I've just completed my first week back on slimming world and lost 6.5 lbs so a good start! How about everyone else? do you all have you weddings organised?

Hi Everyone :wavey:
I have just joined.
I started the Exante diet last Friday and need to loose 6 stone BUT to be honest if I loose 3 1/2 I will be over the moon.
I am hungry :eat: all the time!!??!! But I have been sooooo good. Not strayed once. Trouble is I'm like a woman possessed............Don't mess with a woman that can't eat chocolate :rant2:
Anyway looking forward to my first weigh in on friday.....I MUST have lost something.:wavey:

Ooh I get married on 6th June, and have also just started Exante - i'm on day 4 and so far so good! I've done CD before (then got pregnant & got fat again!) but i'm enjoying Exante much more!

I bought my wedding dress already, but it's about 2 sizes too small and has a zip back - so i either need to lose lots of weight (hence me being here :) ) or pay a seamstress to turn it into a lace-up back. The latter is a last resort :D

Hi,

Yeah we have our plan pretty much in place, just have to finish paying for it and theres a few little extras, but the big stuff is more or less sorted. I've just completed my first week back on slimming world and lost 6.5 lbs so a good start! How about everyone else? do you all have you weddings organised?

Thats a good start!!! I started SW (again - i know it works) on Monday but actually go to my first class this Thurs. Id be delighted with a first week like that!
Ive got 2 stone to shift (and keep off!!!!) for next august.

Thats a good start!!! I started SW (again - i know it works) on Monday but actually go to my first class this Thurs. Id be delighted with a first week like that!
Ive got 2 stone to shift (and keep off!!!!) for next august.

Slimming world is such a good diet, I'm starting my 3rd week now, still only 6.5lbs lost but its not bad, nearly half a stone in 2 weeks, it was my mother's 50th birthday last week and we had a big party so indulged... alot... but straight back on track this week, hoping for 1-2lbs per week from now until june, and I will be happy with that!

Slimming world is such a good diet, I'm starting my 3rd week now, still only 6.5lbs lost but its not bad, nearly half a stone in 2 weeks, it was my mother's 50th birthday last week and we had a big party so indulged... alot... but straight back on track this week, hoping for 1-2lbs per week from now until june, and I will be happy with that!

Thats a really good start - half a stone in 2 weeks is great!

Ive got to keep telling myself that 1lb a week is a sensible target. Like you Ive always wanted higher losses each week (dont we all) but if I did that I could lose it all and gain it again twice over before my wedding. It will take a lot of mind over matter for me and it will be frustrating at times but Ive got to see each little loss as a success.
This way I think I can have the odd night out, take away and other of lifes little 'normal' things without becoming bored and falling off the wagon!

Good luck chic - you can do it!!

Rach

Definately the best way to pace yourself. Otherwise, like you said, it's very easy to gain it all back or become too strict and get fed up quickly. I'm half way through my 3rd week and weighed in this morning (not everyday as usual, trying to cut down! haha) and since I started I've now lost a total of 11lbs, in just under 3 weeks. I had a takeaway last friday with h2b and then my mothers 50th birthday bash so I'm well impressed.

Slimming world seems to work for me, but I'm going to have to be careful not to expect huge losses all the time, and be sensible like you and be happy with the small losses, I just think that 1lb off is a lb in the right direction! Towards not looking like a walrus in my wedding dress!

Hi ladies,

I too get married in June 2012 and have been lurking around this site for ages.
I am currently 12st 8.5lbs and could really do with getting down to 11st by June. It is 25 weeks to the wedding so if I lose a 1lb a week I will be 11st by then.
I've already gotten my dress and it is lush, but will look better once the spare tyre deflates some. Also have to do something about my arms.

Plan of action:
Pilates once a week (got 12 sessions on Groupon for £20!)
Zumba once a week
Bootcamp once a week (bit scared of this one though so might just do Zumba twice instead)

Food wise, I don't want to diet. Have done SW, WW, CC and going forward I just want to be sensible. In the week I am a model pupil but the weekend is where I do all the damage (weatherspoons fry on Saturday morning, dinner out/take away on Saturday night, cider/wine).

How I typically want to behave from now on:
Porridge/cereal for brekkie
Soup/sandwich/baked spud for lunch
eggs/beans on toast/omlette/pasta for dinner

Try to switch to vodka for when I'm on the booze. Also challenge myself to create lovely meals at the weekend so we are not going to restaurants - need to be saving this year so this works well...

Exercise 3 evenings a week but a good walk on a Sunday.

I see this one has gone quiet for a while so thought
I might try revive it. I would love like minded people to encourage me and for me to to do the same back.

Good luck to ye all.
New Year - New Us.

xx

Hi Laura, I get married Aug 18th 2012 and Started at a similar weight to you 16 months ago.I lost 19lbs with sw but gave up in october due to work, family etc. Have gone back to sw this wek and feeling very motivated with the dream of finally feeling fabulous in my wedding dress and not having to suck in a belly all day!
I too am upping the excercise level, htb is paying my gym memebership so we go together- he wants to lose 4 stone, so he sorts our excercise and I cook all low fat dinners.

Good idea for us to encourage each other- although groups are good its good to know more brides are out there panicing!
You have all the right ideas in place to reach your goal, but dont limit your dinners and end up starving, ive treid that and end up in the fridge at 11pm eating cheese!

Have you bought a dress yet? I got mine in august and cant wait for my first fitting now, working hard on the bingo wings for when everyones watching me throw the bouquet!!

Let us know how you get on.

Gem

Gemsey & Laura - you are 2 girls after my heart!!! Great minds, Good luck!

Back