Just need to vent!!!

*soon-to-be-slim*

Silver Member
Why as i get older does my mother do the most stupid irresponsible things!! Just found out she's run up loads of debt on catalogues!! She's on a pension!!! She's thinks it's not a problem but just worked it out and it's going to take her at least 4 years to pay it back!! It makes me mad!

This is not the first time either she has done it! Then she couldn't pay it back before either!! And she begs me for money for food and to pay her utilities!!!!!

She then says I have nice things so why shouldn't she!! And that i am nasty saying anything to her!!! Ahhhh! Because you can't afford it I wanna scream!!!!

Thanks Anna, really appreciate your input and advice :) she just stresses me out so much and brings me down :( she's an emotional drain on me and everyone around her.... She's always been high maintenance and that's not changed but more falls on me now because she's on her own......

Must be so hard. So many friends in similar situations with the flip parenting thing and it does seem to be a time of life thing. It's so hard when you can see a problem really clearly and the other person just won't own up to it. Also very difficult that she's giving you such a guilt trip and shifting responsibility for her actions. Hard for you to be dealing with the majority of it too. Hope she can get sorted so it's not such a worry.

Back