Just order packs

tinkerbellsmum

Gold Member
Hi all. I've just order my packs they will arrive Tuesday so I will start Wednesday. I need to lose around 4.5 stone hoping to do aleast 2 of this for my hols in June ( ok I'm secretly hoping for 3) but I know that is a tall ask in 14. I've done cd before and lost 3 stone but unfortunately put it all back on. Look forward to getting to know u all.

Hello and welcome! It is doable, I'm the queen of failed dieting and I managed 3 stone in a smidge over 12 weeks, you'll be there before you know it. One tip - don't buy any holiday clothes yet, I bought loads at the end of the sales and they're all too big already, I'm hanging fire now til I get closer cause I should get down another size if I get my backside in gear! :)

Thanks Hun yeah I'm queen of diet failures to I have lost 2-3 so many times I have clothes ranging from size 8-18 so don't need to buy anything but my 10-12 are nicest so I'm hoping for them I'm in 16 now.

Good luck. I am only at the end of day two but so far it seems to be a very doable diet and most of the food I've had so far is really good. :)

Well done guys. On day 2 too and hoping to lose 3 stones by the end of next month. I know it's doable because I have done it before. Am diabetic and have a nine month old so I need to be on top form to see her grow BUT there is something wrong in my head. I just can't stop eating. Byw am loving the slim and save cottage pie ! So nice. I had 2 today. I hope it's okay to do that?

temmytango said:
Well done guys. On day 2 too and hoping to lose 3 stones by the end of next month. I know it's doable because I have done it before. Am diabetic and have a nine month old so I need to be on top form to see her grow BUT there is something wrong in my head. I just can't stop eating. Byw am loving the slim and save cottage pie ! So nice. I had 2 today. I hope it's okay to do that?

It's fine - you can have 4 cottage pies a day if you like it for breakfast too!

I have a couple of bits of advice - pelase feel free to take it or leave it. The first is not to aim for 3 stone in 2 months. If it happens then great - if not then you would be disappointed at 2 stones in 2 months - when in reality I'm sure you'd love to be 2 stones lighter. Personally I wouldn't set a timescale with a weight loss on this type of diet - there's nothing you can do to make it quicker if you stick to it so why feel like a failure if you don't quite get there in the time? The second piece of advice is to get a good book to help with your relationship with food. Personally I really like the Dr Beck Diet Solution Workbook.

Good luck with your journey.

I did a stress resiliance one day workshop with work on Friday led by a business psychologist. Loved the day and picked his brain about qualifications as I'm wanting to educate myself further in CBT. I'm a big advocate of Dr Beck (and I've not finished the book yet!) and do have a bit of a slow burning interest around psychology. That said, I was really surprised to find the same techniques in Beck being used in this workshop - different names given to them, but the same! So reading Beck can assist in other areas of your life other than just with eating issues - if you've not got as far as the discomfort scale in Beck, I'd highly recommend completing it as a reference point for the down days, it's compelling stuff and really does work! :)

Hey Weassey. Wanted to write 2 stones not 3. !!!!! I dnt think 3 stones will be doable for me in 2 months honestly. Thanks for bringing that to my notice. If its fine to eat my cottage pie then I will order more. Took sooooo long to sleep yesterday as I kept on thinking about food and going tons fridge for chocolate but thank God I resisted the temptation but it was so hard Morning has come and I feel better.

So glad you managed to get through. As you know, the first 5 days or so are the toughest. The Beck book talks about the concept of a 'resistance muscle'. Each time you feel tempted but don't give in you strengen the resistance muscle and make it more likely that you can resist the next time. If you do give in you eweaken the resistance muscle and make it more likely you will give in another time. I find thhis a useful concept when I'm tempted as it isn't just the once - it'll also make it harder the next time.

Thanks Hun yeah I'm queen of diet failures to I have lost 2-3 so many times I have clothes ranging from size 8-18 so don't need to buy anything but my 10-12 are nicest so I'm hoping for them I'm in 16 now.

Gosh - I could have written every single word of that!

I agree - 3 stone is very doable in 14 weeks, but whatever you lose in that time is bound to make a significant difference.

Back