1 large pinch cayenne
200ml water
150 ml single cream
1oz ground almonds
½ tsp salt
1 tsp garam masala
Toasted blanched almonds

Instructions for Lamb Pasanda
Melt the butter in a large frying pan and fry the onions until just beginning to brown. Add the lamb and cook until browned. Add the garlic, ginger, yoghurt, Turmeric, Coriander, Cumin, Nutmeg, Cayenne Pepper and water and bring to the boil. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until the meat is tender. Stir in the cream, almonds, salt and Garam Masala. Heat through gently and serve garnished with the toasted almonds.

Going to try Paprikash this week.

I want to try this for dinner tonight. Is it ok on Induction and can anyone tell met he carb count?

Hey, don't think it's OK for induction...

Supposed to steer clear of onions, nuts are a no no and yogurt is too.

Sorry!

xx

Oh, that sucks! :( shall have to wait a week, :(

I guess that means i cant have cheeseburger pie either?

Cheeseburger pie is ok on induction. Use spring onions instead of onions
Enjoy:)

Oooh, i shall have to go and make a trip to the supermarche especially for spring onions! I tried the Butter Chicken tonight, and it was divine!

Stuffed bake mushrooms

I had to share this had for my Brunch this morning

1 large flat mushroom (mine weighed 111g)

30g mozzarella

65g pancetta cubes

37g pesto verde

20g spinach

1tbsp sour cream

Whizz mozzarella, pancetta, pesto and spinach in a mixer or blender for a couple of seconds to combine (you don't want it mushy). Fill the mushroom with the mix , bake at 190 for 15/20 mins. Top with sour cream and enjoy.

Net carbs 5.97 but is a meal in itself

image-2396566194.jpg

Served mine with x2 eggs and x2 cherry toms

strawberry crunch icecream

600ml pot of double cream
1 - 2 tbsp zero carb maple syrup available on lowcarbmegastore
tiny splash of vanilla essence
1 x strawberry atkins bar

whip it all together

when cream whipped crumble in the strawberry atkins bar and fold in.

pour into a suitable container and freeze.

approx 12g carbs
approx 5 generous servings so rougly 2.4g carbs per serving.

Another meatloaf recipe. lol
thought id put one on here even tho there are a few meatloaf recipes, bot fed up of beef so this is a nice change, also a bit random but i was just using what i could find in the fridge and using things up. lol

Pork and Lamb Meatloaf

500g mince pork
500g mince lamb
4 spring onions really finely chopped
fresh chives finely chopped
tesco cooked crispy bacon
schwartz "season all" spice mix
onion granules
1 egg
small dollop of wholegrain mustard
colac zero carb ketchup (if using regualar ketchup make sure u check carbs!)

mix lamb and pork together in a large bowl. mix in finely chopped spring onions and chives, finely chop cooked bacon (i used scissors it was easier) and mix in ith the meat. add a generous sprinkle of the spice mix and onion granules. beat egg and add to mixture. kneed well.

line a loaf tin with baking paper. and add meat, being sure to pack down well (i had some left to make a few meatballs which i fried seperately)
cover ith foil and cook for 45 mins.
remove foil, and drain away as much fat as possible, spread no carb ketchup over the top (and i added sliced mushrooms too)
and put back in oven for 30 mins.

was probably the best meatloaf ive made and was more of an accident as i was using things up. i had it with some spinach and brocolli which i cooked in butter and garlic .

(freezes well btw)

yum yum

The Best Coronation Chicken Ever!!!

Ingredients

Cooked chicken
2tsp masala curry paste
single cream
Spring onions
(optional carbs - 2tsp branston pickle)

I fried the onions in some oil, added the chicken and cooked until the chicken was warm. Then I added the curry paste and the pickle then topped up with the cream.

Can I just say, I was delicious! Curry paste is definitly the way to go!

Without the pickle it'd have been 4g carbs, or 10g with.

IMAG0316.jpg

Here's two new dessert recipes. I apologise that they aren't in UK measures (I'm from Canada and we use cups and spoons for measures rather than weighing things, but I know there's some conversion charts that can help with this if you don't have measuring spoons).

Low Carb Cheesecake

Serves 12

Butter for the pan
2 pounds of cream cheese (room temperature)
1 1/2 cups Equal Spoonful (or Splenda)
4 large eggs (room temperature)
zest of 1 lemon, minced, optional
zest of 1 orage, minced, optional
2 tablespoons of heavy cream
1 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract

protein: 8.2g fat: 28g carbs: 4g

Preheat oven to 350 and butter a 9 inch springform pan.

Beat cream cheese well with electric mixer until smooth. Slowly beat in sweetener. Add eggs one at a time and beat well. Add remaining ingredients. Pour batter into prepared pan and smooth top. Bake for 10 minutes. Turn heat down to 275 and bake for 1 hour. Turn off oven and run knife around edge of pan and return to oven to cool slowly. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight up to 3 days.

Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups

I love peanut butter and chocolate--probably my fav combo of food!!! These are pretty tasty!! The recipe says it makes 10 but I can get at the most 8 out of the ingredients. I only make 6 now so they are a pretty good size!

Peanut Butter Cups
1 stick unsalted butter (I use salted!)
1 oz unsweetened chocolate
1/3 c Splenda
1 T heavy cream
4 T peanut butter
chopped walnuts (I don't use these)

Melt butter, chocolate, and Splenda in the microwave. Stir in cream and peanut butter. Line 10 (or in my case 6) muffin tins with cupcake papers. Place nuts in the bottom of each tin. Divide chocolate mixture between the tins. Freeze until firm. These need to be stored in the freezer because they melt quick. You can eat them right out of the freezer.

Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups

I love peanut butter and chocolate--probably my fav combo of food!!! These are pretty tasty!! The recipe says it makes 10 but I can get at the most 8 out of the ingredients. I only make 6 now so they are a pretty good size!

Peanut Butter Cups
1 stick unsalted butter (I use salted!)
1 oz unsweetened chocolate
1/3 c Splenda
1 T heavy cream
4 T peanut butter
chopped walnuts (I don't use these)

Melt butter, chocolate, and Splenda in the microwave. Stir in cream and peanut butter. Line 10 (or in my case 6) muffin tins with cupcake papers. Place nuts in the bottom of each tin. Divide chocolate mixture between the tins. Freeze until firm. These need to be stored in the freezer because they melt quick. You can eat them right out of the freezer.

OMG these sound lush!!! Must buy all of the above ingredients in asda on my way home from work! :D

Unsweetened chocolate is easy to come by in North America (it's called baking chocolate). If you can't find any here, just buy the lowest carb chocolate you can find and adjust the splenda.

Off to look for unsweetened chocolate online!

I haven't made them in a while as they are terribly moreish... it's tempting to eat the whole batch!

Made some! And mostly made up the measurements because I was too lazy to check equivilents! lol!

I just used some dark chocolate I had in the cupboard. 56g carbs per 100g! :eek: Crazy carby!!!! However, I only put in about 20g of chocolate, and I managed to make 8 of them, so thats not bad.

I think, carb wise, I'm looking about 3g carbs each. Ive got them in the freezer. I also used Da Vinci butterscotch sweetener instead of splenda.

They do look delish - cant wait til they're frozen! Thanks for the recipe! :)

So Claire... how did they taste??

OMG they were lovely! I just had the one, but they just melt in your mouth - super morish!!! Yum!

Must endevour to not eat the remaining 7 tonight! lol!

As requested by Susie Fish pie

I made enough for 4 but per person I'd say-

1 White fish fillet (cod, haddock etc)

2 tbsps double cream

2 tbsps water

80g broccoli cut into bite size florets par boiled

100g cauliflower cooked

25g cheddar

I simmered the fish in the cream and water with seasoning until the fish was cooked and starting to flake

Mash up the cauliflower with the cheese to make cauli mash

Place flaked fish and some or all of the liquid in a suitable sized dish, mix in the broccoli then top with the cauli cheese bake in oven at about 180 until the top is a lovely golden brown colour about 20 mins

I often have fish pie with leek instead of broccoli, you can also add prawns and salmon if you like it. Also nice with chopped parsley or a hint of mustard. It's one of them meals you can chop and change depending on how you feel - I'm going to try a chicken and asparagus version.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Sorry, posted same thing in two threads. :eek:

Last edited:
Back